Reunited [2.3] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Y2Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003
Why are pick axes lv 22? Could've done with a lil bit mining a couple lvls ago to make some cash to go on a big levelling hunt but couldn't so ive just had to plod along taking minimum pots, collect ALL item drops DE, RT back to town sell up and repeat. Been quite frustrating tbh.

They were made 22 to stop people making unlimited noobs to go mine with.

Fairly easy to make cash with hunts to OC/Mines or even killing SV mobs.

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
Paul, I have a life, I have a job.

I'm pretty much working on most issues and bugs by myself it seems (No offence to Chris).

Finally someone admits it.Chris owns the server but acts like he does every thing when infact does nothing.Direct from the horses mouth.

This is all i wanted.Keep up the good work m8.But if i was you id make the other GMs/Admin sort **** out as well or at least learn to do it.

They were made 22 to stop people making unlimited noobs to go mine with.

Fairly easy to make cash with hunts to OC/Mines or even killing SV mobs.

Sorry chris your saying you want a euro clone but you keep pulln stunts like this.Level 22 is very eay to achieve.If this is your reasoning for messing about with pick axes then maybe you should just remove the mines.
I could have made 50 miners during the xmas event

Last edited:

Y2Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003
Finally someone admits it.Chris owns the server but acts like he does every thing when infact does nothing.Direct from the horses mouth.

This is all i wanted.Keep up the good work m8.But if i was you id make the other GMs/Admin sort **** out as well or at least learn to do it.

Sorry chris your saying you want a euro clone but you keep pulln stunts like this.Level 22 is very eay to achieve.If this is your reasoning for messing about with pick axes then maybe you should just remove the mines.
I could have made 50 miners during the xmas event

I'll let Sky reply to the first bit either when he gets back from the football, or tomorrow. I do far from nothing.

The server isn't a euro clone, it's euro-like. "Pulling stunts like this"? Really? It's been that way for near a month, it's not as though i've only just changed it out of the blue, and was put this way on the wish of the players.

You're getting pretty boring with your constant near on abuse of the way we run the server tbh Pob, as i told Jesus, there's a way to report things and asked for things to be done, it's a hell of a lot different to how you go about it.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Chris doesn't do "nothing", he does his fair share. Infact he has more dedication to this than me, but i know my way around the files more than him, and have more support from other people in areas that we get stuck on.

I, and Chris are trying our hardest to keep this server going - Totally free of charge.

Some people, no names mentioned, only report something that's not right when other players find out about it - Then when I or Chris change it, we get moaned at. Shinsu is something I know needs looking into, Deva may be weak and will be looked into. FoxBoxx, Yims, and more is been tested, but as I work 9-5 and my weekends are usually taken up by football/drinking I can't fully commit as much as you'd all like - After all, this is not my server, I'm just here to support.
OmaKing was pretty weak for the kind of boss i feel it should be so I changed it. A warning maybe should have been issued to you all, but I get moaned at for not letting you all know.... But how many of you told me it was a pretty weak boss?

I'm not a player of this server, I have no idea on what's wrong untill you guys tell me!

Y2Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003
Would love to know who's reported us to our server hosts and claimed Copyright over the files?

Edit - In fact scrap that, we already know who has. Jamie Dotcom....Mir Revenge. Oh dear.

Last edited:

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Was going to say if its a high uder server MR will try to close u down.

Routhy

LOMCN n00bie
Jan 2, 2012
Sheffield
While it's entirely understandable that you are a busy and relatively small team, responding with hostility and 'We work for free so be thankful' is, in all honestly, going to cause more problems than it solves.

If you need more people then ask for them, I'm sure there are plenty of us who would be more than happy to lend a hand where needed. A lot of us just want to see the server improve and will do whatever's needed to help.

You've done very well and all credit where it's due you have a brilliant server, but a policy in which you refuse help and aren't able to put sufficient time in yourself is going to quickly become poisonous to the server. I say this as somebody who works as an ingame admin for a game that caters to a much larger playerbase, and I've seen this kind of thing happen before.

Best of luck for the future.

-Tom

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
We're not refusing to help.

We just want to be shown a little respect and understanding from the players, rather than the constant grief and abuse.

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England
majority of mir players have exploited again and will happily again, theres no changing this only thing to do is get a few trusted people to check through npc's etc as they get put in.... obviously not me ;) and i solo'd omaking within 2 weeks of server being up so you was right to change that

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
majority of mir players have exploited again and will happily again, theres no changing this only thing to do is get a few trusted people to check through npc's etc as they get put in.... obviously not me ;) and i solo'd omaking within 2 weeks of server being up so you was right to change that

you mean after we showed you how right?

EDIT referring to OmaKing not your exploiting comment

Last edited:

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
We're not refusing to help.

We just want to be shown a little respect and understanding from the players, rather than the constant grief and abuse.

Welcome to the world of running a Mir server!

You will never be shown appreciation, respect nor understanding. Everything you do will be wrong and to spite someone.

Enjoy :p

Darkans

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2011
I think they are doing a great job, don't know what the **** everyone is bitching about.

Y2Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003
Ensure the IP's are right in the Servers file, sometimes missing a 2 from the beginning of a couple.

YAKUZA

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 16, 2012
Re: Mir reunited

Awesome server me and 6 friends have joined up a few days ago, Friday I think it was, thx for all the time and effort taken. We are all enjoying it tons ^^

Edit - Brings back a lot of memorys playing a euro style server and ive got to say out of all the player run servers Ive played im finding this the most enjoyable, I didnt like being given everything on a plate, I shall be playing this untill it dies!

/Yak

Last edited: