Rewritten my entire achievements/tracking system update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
ive rewritten the entire achievements system, just working on its implementation but thought i would share some images

Feats of Strength are just trackable stats that wont unlock anything specific, stats are hidden untill you do something to unlock them like using x item or killing x mob

1678187853185.png

once you unlock a new achievement you will be notified in game

1678187913003.png

this information is then available in your achievements log

1678188000693.png

some achievements have stages, once you comepete a stage you will unlock a custom title you can apply to yourself should you wish too

1678188043997.png

each star represents a title that can be unlocked. Iwill update more once ive got more of it completed

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
This is in keeping with modern gaming, whether online or offline.

Keep up this amazing work you're doing. Looking forward to playing when I have time!

• Love
Reactions: Sanjian

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
haha i cant stand the dark theme!

EDIT: oh.. actually its not that bad lol
Joining Welcome Home GIF

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
completed all the back end code and all thats left is the data it needs, but a few screenies of how achievements update and how custom titles will work

Unlocking a title will be announced to you
1678444470673.png

Titles can be either a Prefix or a Suffix
1678444089014.png

PrefixedTitel

1678444288398.png

Suffixed Title

1678444321477.png

pleasse note this will not affect anything related to your name and for groups/guilds/relationships it will use just your name.

currently no benefits to titles except to show off

I have also removed ALL ranking from the server as i feel it creats a really unhealthy atmosphere of elitism and removes the enjoyment of just relaxing and playing the game for what it is, so unless someone tells you thier level, your back to shoulderdashing/repulsing to see if your higher :)

Reactions: Jev and Omnibus

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Title would look better on a separate line
i dont like titles on a different line, i thought more along the lines of WoW in that respect, that it changes your whole name and i think looks better..

plus i have seperate use of the extra line and didnt want 4 lines for people, it looks cluttered and trashy imo

EDIT: for example when you complete bichons adventure log you will unlock the title of BichonProvince

so i would be known as Sanjian of BichonProvince

ChaseyLane

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
completed all the back end code and all thats left is the data it needs, but a few screenies of how achievements update and how custom titles will work

Unlocking a title will be announced to you
View attachment 30995

Titles can be either a Prefix or a Suffix
View attachment 30991

PrefixedTitel

View attachment 30993

Suffixed Title

View attachment 30994

pleasse note this will not affect anything related to your name and for groups/guilds/relationships it will use just your name.

currently no benefits to titles except to show off

I have also removed ALL ranking from the server as i feel it creats a really unhealthy atmosphere of elitism and removes the enjoyment of just relaxing and playing the game for what it is, so unless someone tells you thier level, your back to shoulderdashing/repulsing to see if your higher :)
Can i ask is the UI moveable when in game? ive played a couple where they have been, call me old fashioned but i dont like having to relearn where my stats are lol

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
i dont like titles on a different line, i thought more along the lines of WoW in that respect, that it changes your whole name and i think looks better..

plus i have seperate use of the extra line and didnt want 4 lines for people, it looks cluttered and trashy imo

EDIT: for example when you complete bichons adventure log you will unlock the title of BichonProvince

so i would be known as Sanjian of BichonProvince
To be honest idk hows on mir 2 but for example i tried the following format

[TitleName]
[PlayerName]
[GuildName][WallName]

And it was soo much that it ended up seeing only 30% of the character, rest was covered in text etc.

Great approach having titlename and playername on one line.

Reactions: Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Can i ask is the UI moveable when in game? ive played a couple where they have been, call me old fashioned but i dont like having to relearn where my stats are lol
some parts are, others are static, the chatbox cant be moved for example

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
To be honest idk hows on mir 2 but for example i tried the following format

[TitleName]
[PlayerName]
[GuildName][WallName]

And it was soo much that it ended up seeing only 30% of the character, rest was covered in text etc.

Great approach having titlename and playername on one line.
You can get yourself into coding / dev if you want to know how it works :)

ChaseyLane

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
some parts are, others are static, the chatbox cant be moved for example
Can i ask why? i know newer games have it at the side, but mir isn't a newer game imo. Not trying to be a pain in the bum btw, genuinely interested as to why its been moved, other than that though i have to say the UI does look nice

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Can i ask why? i know newer games have it at the side, but mir isn't a newer game imo. Not trying to be a pain in the bum btw, genuinely interested as to why its been moved, other than that though i have to say the UI does look nice
its fine, its quite simple why its on the side, it didnt fit into my gui so i moved it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.