Rift going free

Join Discord

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
its going f2p for a reason

really Alecs7k - rep with the comment cuz ur a fag lol

so ye rift is going free cuz am a fag.....

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Very good game, I played when it was first released and went back to it last year.

I shall be going back when it goes F2P already downloaded the client ready. not sure what kind of changes have been done and hoping they aint gonna restrict on what you can do like SWTOR did

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Most games nowadays go F2P after the first year or so for a reason. Has nothing to do with the game being good/bad. Money is quite simply better when there's a game shop involved as you'd be surprised how many idiots will pay to get ahead or look fancy

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Sonic, when a game goes F2P from subscription its because its....how do i put it, ****, a game wouldnt go F2P model if it wouldnt be, the company realises that they cant keep many subscribers so its better to make it F2P so they will have an increase in players, it doesnt necesary mean they will make more money

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
You'd be suprised, a lot of free MMO's have gained a lot of money from the swap. The only one that's not going F2P is Warcraft and that's dropping more and more. (Down from 14million to 8.3mill in 2-3years).

RIFT from what I know is going F2P and offering all the content for free bar cosmetics and other such like. But the main content being free does grip me as to be honest I loved the game, I just didn't have the money to pay for that and other games, so it going F2P is a smart move.

/Zelda

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Sonic, when a game goes F2P from subscription its because its....how do i put it, ****, a game wouldnt go F2P model if it wouldnt be, the company realises that they cant keep many subscribers so its better to make it F2P so they will have an increase in players, it doesnt necesary mean they will make more money
Not being funny mate, have you played it? you cannot judge a game because its going from P2P to F2P
Any P2P game will struggle because there is allot of exultant F2P games out there which they have to contend with.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
f2p doesn't mean a game is bad :p

No game deserves a sub fee anymore
a great game will always have a sub if you asked me, i've played wow 7 years now and i've payed for like 5 years and half with the breaks i took, and tbh i wouldnt like wow being a F2P model

Not being funny mate, have you played it? you cannot judge a game because its going from P2P to F2P
Any P2P game will struggle because there is allot of exultant F2P games out there which they have to contend with.
i havent played it, i will try it today when it goes F2P with my irl friends, but any game that is going from P2P > F2P its ****, not the game itself totally but the people that run it, yes u will get more players being F2P, but that also means more retards and if you are a true free player and dont pay anything then the first **** thing u will hate is the queue, because the people that will pay for premium account or w/e is called here will get in front of free players.
You'd be suprised, a lot of free MMO's have gained a lot of money from the swap. The only one that's not going F2P is Warcraft and that's dropping more and more. (Down from 14million to 8.3mill in 2-3years).

RIFT from what I know is going F2P and offering all the content for free bar cosmetics and other such like. But the main content being free does grip me as to be honest I loved the game, I just didn't have the money to pay for that and other games, so it going F2P is a smart move.

/Zelda
wow never had 14 mill, they had 12 :P, and the numbers are dropping mostly from asia not from eu and us, and if you are a true free player( u wont pay nothing at all) u will have to deal with retarded queue's when you log into rift, the game isnt really bad but imagine the servers being full....

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Rift is wow with better graphics, just without the polish wow has.

Nothing game changing.

Its the same as EVERY other MMORPG.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Rift is wow with better graphics, just without the polish wow has.

Nothing game changing.

Its the same as EVERY other MMORPG.
dont compare this to wow, i dont like rift graphics tbh and they copied loads of shti from wow....so its no surprise this **** is free

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
I started this 2 weeks ago, I find it much more fun than WOW. The rifts/adventures alone put it above WOW in terms on instant gameplay.