Samurai MIR3

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Legion

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 7, 2010
Im wondering if its making characters that does it, was on server fine then logged off to make warr and bang gate went down =/

Myth

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 1, 2006
Accrington
lol been doing it all night? get a x16 up that alot of ppl have been waiting for and this happens! it is offputting tom ur right! needs to be sorted!

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
yeah i'm trying to fix it but no idea what is causing it. will be fixed as soon as i know what is causing it and how to fix it.

RazzleDazzle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
~{Aylesbury}~
Too tired to even bother waiting for him to put the last gate online for it to go down 5minutes later. Wasnt this the same problem you had when you previously had the server online? Surely you should of fixed this before allowing people to play but saying that the server was fine for 1-2hours when i first started playing.

Legion

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 7, 2010
Too tired to even bother waiting for him to put the last gate online for it to go down 5minutes later. Wasnt this the same problem you had when you previously had the server online? Surely you should of fixed this before allowing people to play but saying that the server was fine for 1-2hours when i first started playing.

was thinking same thing.....no point logging in if its going to go down 5 minutes later.

hallmat

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 19, 2007
Fixed

a script was pointing to the wrong Table in the SQL :D sorted now

siggy.php

Last edited:

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
But for time being all other players are aloud to level? Thought you guys was on the fairness side of things.

what you expect me to do? magically figure out what it is and fix it? I havent had this problem beore so no idea what it is, i've been doing loads to try and figure it out and you accuse me of not being fair? At the end of the day if the players wont help me out by telling me what is happening in game while the errors are occuring it makes it harder to figure it out. It's beta stage for a reason, if players dont want to co-operate it makes my job a lot harder.

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
yeh there is another script that is causing it ><

can i suggest changing the ''Demon'' to a 1 skinned mob as opposed to startin off as a snowwolf, and then turning into a wherewolf, because the gates seem fine untill my GF spawns her pet (and it transforms)

other than the constant gate crashing (which u guys are trying to fix) the server looks like it has alot of potential

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
humm i'll consider that, but never had this issue with it before so not sure why that would cause the issue. If that was the case she must have it keep going from the 1st - 2nd skin and back again every few seconds?

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
what you expect me to do? magically figure out what it is and fix it? I havent had this problem beore so no idea what it is, i've been doing loads to try and figure it out and you accuse me of not being fair? At the end of the day if the players wont help me out by telling me what is happening in game while the errors are occuring it makes it harder to figure it out. It's beta stage for a reason, if players dont want to co-operate it makes my job a lot harder.

I will co-operate, but this is loosing you players. Just a warning. :thumbup2:

Bad start.

Legion

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 7, 2010
humm i'll consider that, but never had this issue with it before so not sure why that would cause the issue. If that was the case she must have it keep going from the 1st - 2nd skin and back again every few seconds?

1st and 2nd form changes quickly depending on mob activity, not every second but it could be causing it, theres not much we can tell you all we are doing is lvling so that cant be causing it.

LightningStar

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
May 28, 2007
Essex, UK
with regards to the last gate being down, i think this could be something to do with the dedi maybe wen either of the gm'S access it it doesnt allow any others to connect to it, ive never had this problem b4 wen the server is online but its just a thaught.

hallmat

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 19, 2007
the gate is not the problem its the server engine, after it gets the error

[SQLEngn]Exeption Raised At Execute

it wont let people on it means that there is a Malformation in the Database somewhere its finding out what is causing it is the problem

since new beta has anyone apart from me made a Guild as its heavy in the SQL side of things.

and then ontop of that there are other things tied into the SQL that could becausing the problem.

while i know this in not what you MIRIANS want to hear.

im telling you straight, this is why we have Alpha's beta's and then live so all the silly stupid scripting mistakes me and Zordon have made get sorted with the help of our userbase.

as mir creators/ scripters/ designers what ever you want to call us were still human at the end of the day and are bound to get things wrong a few times.

ok so dont judge us please on a Beta testing of the server

just my 2 cents

/Matthew

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
No sympathy, as I have experience with files and you and zordon know that as you asked me for help. Think it's about time to take down and do a wipe, sort all bugs out and put back into beta stage if wish so. However if it was my server i would of done this a long time ago and make sure this don't happen again. Going to help you out on this one. As in my previous post, you have NOT wiped your files since your last time, try do that and it will work wonders for you. Previous dbs will be conflicting in your sql/files. I mean everything, account dbs, character dbs, market stalls, name lists.

Then re try again, first attempt was a dud so you might aswell. Not an inviting message what is happening.

LightningStar

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
May 28, 2007
Essex, UK
ahh i see, and wen i was online the server was notifying tht guilds were bein made and it was saying it like every couple of seconds in the top left corner of screen ... sounds like a bug??.