Screen problems , please help

Mezoko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 13, 2005
Hey Guys,

I cant play mir atm, because my screen is really bugging me ,
Does anyone know how to change the resolution on my screen because when i run mir it dont take up all the screen it has big black bits at the side, does anyone know how to resolve this. oh and, I play a game called CounterStrike:Source and it happened with that but all i did was went into options then widescreen.. and its fine, So is there anywhere i can change it to widescreen? :/, I dunno, every little helps :agree:

Thanks you for your time, much appreciated.

TheBoss

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Middlesbrough
have you tried this way click on mir2 exe >properties > then sumwer in there u should be able to change it .. Hope this helps..

TB

Upvote 0

Spoon666

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 12, 2005
South West Wales
You have pressed a certain key combination when mir is running, i can't remember the combination but i did it myself a while back. i'm pretty sure it's got something to do with one of the F keys and maybe ctrl or alt

Upvote 0

LegendOfMir

LOMCN N00B +1
Veteran
Coz i said many times, MIR WORK ONLY ON 1024X7... pixels no others resolutions. Change your rezolution in this 1, and must to work just fine.

And one more think , take a latest drivers for ur video card from your video producer. To see this , make click on key Windows next Run and type there dxdiag . U will see there if u have a good drivers, for ur video card.

If this not rezolve your problem plz put here some screnie. :tongue1:
;)
I hate when I say that....Piuh;)

DOOMNEZEU(1.9.X VERSION DEVELOPER)

Upvote 0

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Thats untrue.... mir runs on my PC fine and my resolution is 1680x1050

Upvote 0

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
Yer it's fine on a desktop pc Kill, i think hes chatting rubbish lol.

And his resolution isnt what you said LOM, and it still works, and my laptop has a big black border around the mir screen, it's just a laptop problem mate

/Daz

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
Coz i said many times, MIR WORK ONLY ON 1024X7... pixels no others resolutions. Change your rezolution in this 1, and must to work just fine.

And one more think , take a latest drivers for ur video card from your video producer. To see this , make click on key Windows next Run and type there dxdiag . U will see there if u have a good drivers, for ur video card.

;)

Im sorry but you really need to stop trying to give people advice cause you dont have a ****ing clue what you are talking about

BH

Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Unless you're running a changed client that has been changed to use a greater resoultion, Mir opens in a fixed size. 800x600 or smaller. Someone correct me on that.
If you have a 4:3 style monitor, the size, 15", 17" 19" or whatever, you'll still see the same information but bigger. If you have a widescreen monitor, it could be set so Mir stretches to fit the screen or retain the 4:3 aspect with black bars at either side. If it does stretch to fit, you still won't see any more information but the same information but distorted.
We've seen work on this forum with clients showing more info, thats the only way you can benefit with a larger res monitor for Mir.
Lineage 2 etc. have clients that see your graphics capability and offer resolutions accordingly.

Upvote 0

LegendOfMir

LOMCN N00B +1
Veteran
I have it true , what im say it there, coz a lot of my players have this problems, and I help it them , like I say it in the top. This was a facts, no from my memory or just a words, just like this. Many monitors(news) dont supports a lots of resolutions and maybe this one can be the same.
And 1 more think , was just an ideea , so can have others different ideeas, and no1 can stop me to say corectly advice (or not). No one ask u to judge me, what to say or not. If dont like it is ur problems, not mine.:fart:

Anyway are the problem from resolution if you like it or not.:ppunk:

DOOMNEZEU;)

Upvote 0

Dave85

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
As far as i was aware mir sets its own resolution to 800x600, if your getting black strips either side of it then i'd say its because of the monitor not auto adjusting to stretch mir to your screen.

Have a look on your monitor settings and there should be a "auto" setting, well most new monitors have it, if you do, give it a press and it might adjust it accordingly. If that fails then... umm... dunno :( if i find anything i'll post it.

Upvote 0

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

;)

rofl @ that

Your screen can be any size, but when you open mir it will resize to 800x600, its default resolution (Or 640x320 i cant remember), if you have a slow PC you will see a black box in the corner of your screen when you close Mir, thats the actual size in comparison to your usual resolution

Oh and it has sweet fa to do with your graphics drivers :P

Hey Guys,

I cant play mir atm, because my screen is really bugging me ,
Does anyone know how to change the resolution on my screen because when i run mir it dont take up all the screen it has big black bits at the side, does anyone know how to resolve this. oh and, I play a game called CounterStrike:Source and it happened with that but all i did was went into options then widescreen.. and its fine, So is there anywhere i can change it to widescreen? :/, I dunno, every little helps :agree:

Thanks you for your time, much appreciated.

The only way you could prob fix that is to manually resize your resolution yourself (With the buttons on the monitor), but like someone said earlier, it will stretch the image, so instead of seeing a small well built player, you'll see a chubby dude lol. Mir will look a lot better if you just deal with the black bars, but if you really wanna stretch the image to make everything look stupid then you just do it manually

But if you tried that and it just goes behind the black bars, it just means its a fixed images and you can't change it, but i don't think its fixed (Since i haven't actually needed to do this lol), and sadly Mir isn't that advanced compared to other games and doesn't have a function to switch to wide screen mode lol

Also if it does stretch when you try, you will have to change it back to normal when you exit to desktop, cause your start menu will be off the screen from where you've stretched it out (But the auto resize button will fix that, which it should have if you have a wide screen)

Last edited:
Upvote 0