[CD3.55] server online help loopback router

Buldok

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 27, 2010
hello all, my server is online, people can enter but I can not, I do not have loopback roouter there any way I can access my server from my pc without having this feature on the router? or have to change the router with one that has loopback directly, and which router would you recommend that is cheap and has loopback?

thanks peoplee!!

---------- Post added 26-09-2011 at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was 20-09-2011 at 01:27 PM ----------

Hello again, I'm looking for a modem router that supports loopback, but I find none in the characteristics loopback not put anything, could anyone tell me that supports this function?

thanks, awaiting response.

Last edited:

mapadale

If you use such as OpenDNS or NO-IP, then you don't need to worry about the loop back.

However most people don't actually know what loopback is, or what it's used for.

If your trying to login from a machine on the same network, then all you need to do is set the IP to the local IP IE: 192.168.xxx.xxx and then set from your router IP port forwarding to that IP address. Also it's dependent on your router to how portforwarding works, as on some makes not only does it have Port forwarding as an option, it also has Virtual Server addressing. So this would also need to be set in the same way as port forwading also, but as I said it's all dependent on what you are trying to do.

Upvote 0