Shadow creation

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Hi All,

Trying to source some new material for a server, and found some great monsters, spells etc however they don't have shadows.
Is there an easy(ish) way to create shadows for images within PS?

Going to have a gooooogle but thought I'd ask here as well

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
so we've had some with shadows but in game they are removed, will need to look at the images themselves and start learning about image formatting and editing I guess :)

FloppyQ

LOMCN Member
May 12, 2020
You can skew the original image to create a semi acceptable shadow. They aren't great if you look at them close up though.

1642973275672.png

Upload an example of a set you're struggling with.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
You can get them looking identical to mir2 shadows if you generate it in code, thats how mir3 makes all it's player shadows.

Problem is when they're big monsters you have to adjust the skew position on all rotations so it gets much harder to automate.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
You can get them looking identical to mir2 shadows if you generate it in code, thats how mir3 makes all it's player shadows.

Problem is when they're big monsters you have to adjust the skew position on all rotations so it gets much harder to automate.
Ohh, potentially be possible to generate shadows for the normal mobs, then exclude a list of lib files, which then can potentially just pull direct from LIB if I can create them manually.

Really need to look and plan it all, see if I can do it or I need to hire someone else to do it.

Appreciate the feedback all.

Chinese files I have as well, new mobs have shadows on the files but aren't pulled into the game, will fire some overr tomorrow.

Ohh, potentially be possible to generate shadows for the normal mobs, then exclude a list of lib files, which then can potentially just pull direct from LIB if I can create them manually.

Really need to look and plan it all, see if I can do it or I need to hire someone else to do it.

Appreciate the feedback all.

Chinese files I have as well, new mobs have shadows on the files but aren't pulled into the game, will fire some overr tomorrow.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
The issues i had were that the monsters had shadows in the images, but were deleted. I used photo shop to batch change the colour of the images by 1 point so they did not delete on importing. Its a VERY long job. Took me around 100+ hours to do them.

If this is similar to your issue, im more than happy to walk you through the steps i took

Reactions: Sanjian and Jev

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
The issues i had were that the monsters had shadows in the images, but were deleted. I used photo shop to batch change the colour of the images by 1 point so they did not delete on importing. Its a VERY long job. Took me around 100+ hours to do them.

If this is similar to your issue, im more than happy to walk you through the steps i took
exactly what i did :)

and yes its very time consuming, but takes 2 minutes for some gimp to rip it ^^

Reactions: Jev

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
exactly what i did :)

and yes its very time consuming, but takes 2 minutes for some gimp to rip it ^^

giphy.gif

YOINK