ShandaMir2 missing Object libs

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Have ShandaMir2 Object libraries #11 & 12 been always missing? Anyone has any explanation?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Are they new? What maps are they for?

If you mean why are they missing crystal client the simple answer is I don't keep up to date with shanda and mir3 anymore.

And shanda make it much more difficult because of their on demand client.

So if you have the missing objects/tiles, which are complete and any maps they're for please upload

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Nothing new, they are not there from time immemorial. I noticed them missing only relatively recently and they are inside the lib sequence that we always had in the client. New ones would be numbers 31 and up if someone added libs like those from fables map pack (converted will to lib).

I just don't see why the number 11 & 12 should have been left out when Shanda was making maps and building those libraries up to number 30.

I can't say that some maps need those two libraries, I might check into that for some maps that are broken in some ways, by loading them into MapTileSet program to see if by chance they are not using those two libs.

1628793193700.png

As I was recently making those changes to map editor, I tested the changes I made by playing with assembling some objects from the libraries and I found and built a variation on ST Temple (like the one in the middle of Mongchon town) and it was missing steps going up to the entrance at the top of that little pyramid. I looked hard for those steps but didn't find them.

In the end, I went through Shanda libraries one by one, scrolling them to see if I notice those steps somewhere but didn't find them. They have very characteristic color and I thought I had a good chance of spotting them. And it was during this search that I noticed missing object libraries 11 & 12. Who knows if those steps might be in those?

The temple was using library 24 I think but from past experience, I know that sometimes object tiles can be scattered without any sense across several libraries, slim chance though.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe some mappers might recognize the temple, if it exists on some map with the original steps? It is from ShandaMir2 Object24 library, tiles #~1800

I fudged the steps, perhaps better than nothing. What breaks the camel's back, so to speak, is the bottom step which has jagged line, I didn't find the little triangles to fill it in and covered it with little rocks... seemed acceptable solution but another bummer is, those rocks need to be put on middle layer and as they are not made of basic tiles, they shift in the client. I thought to put little bushes or rocks also on the left side of the steps to mask the bad joining line there but those also would suffer from the same flaw that middle layer has.

Everywhere you turn, you run into problems. No wonder some mappers burned out.

1628796220426.png

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Just looked in one of my shanda clients, and its also missing those 2 objects. So i suspect they just don't exist.

1628800253314.png

Reactions: mir2pion

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Just looked in one of my shanda clients, and its also missing those 2 objects. So i suspect they just don't exist.

View attachment 26083

Cardi-B-Gif-1-.gif

jk i didn't read that long ass post

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Look in smtiles6 region of 13090 the steps are there
👀

Mapping experience shows, I thought smtiles are just ground but I suppose steps are also ground in a way.
Thanks. Are you taking on apprentices? (y)

Alt_ST_Temple_Pyramid.X

BTW I didn't test the limits, they might need adjusting.

1628919030114.png

Thanks for checking, going this deep into the past, makes me wonder if those two numbers are unlucky numbers in Korea or China and were skipped on purpose.

Reactions: Breezer