Shinra's Soma server

smoochy boys on tour

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Saw this on SomaDev and thought il post it here, looks pretty dam good, seems alot more people are now coding stuff into soma, some nice changes hes made. Heres his advert post.

This is going to be up to test several things.. as well as trying to find bugs with the source client.

Registration page:
http://soma.shinra-co.net:8083/reg.jsp

Monster database:
http://soma.shinra-co.net:8083/mobs.jsp

Patcher:
http://soma.shinra-co.net:8083/patch/updater.rar
(unrar in clean soma install main folder and run updater.exe everytime you want to login)

Runtime libs:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf

Manual patch(not nessisary if your updater is working ):
ftp://[email protected]/vers0TO1.0.0.1.rar

Recent Changes:

New map/town (Anzan) can teleport there via tyt seorin.
Automated ingame seasonal events, check information board in anzan for more info.
(seasonal event handlers are directly north south east and west of the map, also kuru for single day events).
Ark demons story line and bosses.
Lottery pop bosses (currently 50% chance) from brics, white tigers, and scorpions in anzan map.
Roll call guild boards, for more information visit the boards in anzan.
Several new login screens have been added.
New dlg interface for select info.
Remix's pos gain on pk.
(alot of fixes for doups and such from finito's scripts)

Old features:
Skill cap removed
Level cap removed
No dsoma
Royal rumble event
Easter event (still active)
Guild homes
Partially working attackable village
more detail can be found on the site's main page http://soma.shinra-co.net:8083

Known issues:
treasure box system might be botched
you randomly get stuck after killing a monster (client source problem always keep g-bird feathers with you)
options and help button are botched (use ctrl + O for option and ctrl + H for help )
the site forums and some links are not functional, it will be fixed soon.
monster levels are not displayed.
monster hps are not displayed untill you attack them.
map tiles are sometimes rendered incorrectly.
when npcs die there's a sill image of them left over.

IF you find any other issues please let me know. here's some screen shots:

demo.PNG

logindemo.PNG

Edit: I forgot to mention, old accounts still work... and I still have 2 other concepts planned so after all testing is finished there will be a wipe, also looking for suggestions on.. rewards.

Here's a map of anzan and spawns most of the listed is accurate some of them are different, the type/level of monsters are subject to change.
http://soma.shinra-co.net:8083/mapmon.jpg

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
Downloading now, not played soma in like 7 years lol, looks like it hasn't moved on all that much like mie has though.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
people still playing this or is it dead?

Erm no idea, last time i was playing it was testing, he was adding some cool stuff like a auction house for players which was working but as it was just testing and would be wiped i decided to stop playing til it fully opened, but it looks so good.

dandaman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 3, 2012
people still playing this or is it dead?

People are still playing it, along with somadev (its been it testing for over 3 years now ¬¬) usercount hits 40+

Theres redemption online which has 30+ usercount and quiet afew quests weapons

and there soulsoma which is just esoma with 12x rates

not sure if im allowed to post a link but its here www.somadev.com
if im not allowed an it gets removed just google somadev

NOTE: this website only does soma servers, hence the name

/w1ls0n

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
People are still playing it, along with somadev (its been it testing for over 3 years now ¬¬) usercount hits 40+

Theres redemption online which has 30+ usercount and quiet afew quests weapons

and there soulsoma which is just esoma with 12x rates

not sure if im allowed to post a link but its here www.somadev.com
if im not allowed an it gets removed just google somadev

NOTE: this website only does soma servers, hence the name

/w1ls0n

Meh i gave up on crappy some servers along time ago, the amount of effort people put into making a soma server now is shocking, all they do is increase rates, put some armors in shop and bobs your uncle, it's a load of balls. Atleast with Shinra they are coding some new stuff, SomaDev will never be complete, it's been well over 3 years also since they started, they hardly touched D Soma so we expected another 3 years?

SomaDev is make or break but if they keep delaying it, there will no longer be a community around to play it, look how many people have left soma over the years waiting for it, In my honest opinion i don't think they will ever release it, i think it's just simply something they are doing for the sake of it. You would look at Shinra now and compare it with SomaDev, they look far more developed then somadev and they have been developing for a couple of months, and yes i know somadev how alot more security hense why they taking so long but really, the same old hacks work on it still.

dandaman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 3, 2012
Meh i gave up on crappy some servers along time ago, the amount of effort people put into making a soma server now is shocking, all they do is increase rates, put some armors in shop and bobs your uncle, it's a load of balls. Atleast with Shinra they are coding some new stuff, SomaDev will never be complete, it's been well over 3 years also since they started, they hardly touched D Soma so we expected another 3 years?

SomaDev is make or break but if they keep delaying it, there will no longer be a community around to play it, look how many people have left soma over the years waiting for it, In my honest opinion i don't think they will ever release it, i think it's just simply something they are doing for the sake of it. You would look at Shinra now and compare it with SomaDev, they look far more developed then somadev and they have been developing for a couple of months, and yes i know somadev how alot more security hense why they taking so long but really, the same old hacks work on it still.

Got to agree with you there, Somadev havent even started ingame content, there still working on client and 1p1 stuff but instead of doing decent stuff there sorting humans con out which has actually made con pointless.