So... I suck at this.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Is that normal? Played about 4 'vs. AI' games for the first time tonight. Seemed to die twice as much as every body else. Using various champions, most of which seemed to be ****.

XxEvilDxX

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2010
USA
Oh I see you are playing LOL, that is a great game!
Just have to find the champion that is right for your playing style.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Trust me. I sucked MAJORLY, and give it a week you will be laughing at how bad you were against Bots.

I found the champ I liked very fast (Akali) and well, destroyed from then on.

Tips: Find a champ you semi-like, google for a good item build, in AI games, bots don't follow you into bushes so use those often, don't forget to run about the sections of the map killing the special mobs (this is called jungle) for blue / red buff's, gold, exp, etc.

Oh and don't get discouraged if you are put with a retard in your lane, difficult I know but, best to just let him troll and try to mop up any kills lol.

Add me if you want, I can help if need be: Koriban22

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
The items bit was really confusing! I was just buying the most expensive stuff I could afford/seemed to have best stats I could afford.

Then you've got the whole runes & marks thing? zomg. Anyway, how do I add friends?

LiIacF

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2006
I suck on Akali, can't get kills to save my life just assists >.> but thats probably cause I'm too aggressive hence I love playing Volibear. Can tank 2-3 people most of the game and rack up kills like a mad man. Most players who play tanks don't even initiate a fight or actually tank so I don't mind rushing in and dieing if the rest of my team can pick off the kills.

If you're just starting I'd suggest playing either a tanky char or a range - like Caitlyn as she's on this weeks rotation. It gives you a chance to sit back and understand farming, and attacking the opponents when you see the chance. Farming minions is a must, 10 minions = 1 PK and its much safer, faster and easier to get 10 minions especially if you just last hit. If you do use her she has great range to hit opponents with just your auto hits, picking off at them to push them back so they can't farm.

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
Add me specop al get you in a game with all lomcn lot and come on skype will help you as your playing a game. This is best way to learn plus very funny.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Little thing in bottom right. I assume you're on EUWest server (you should be!) If not, join it lol.

Click "Add Friend" and just type in the name.

I will happily talk it through you on skype in a custom bot game. I picked it up randomly over a few games, but there's some stuff you just need to be shown ^^

Runes/Masteries: This is the biggest and best tip you'll get. DO NOT SPEND IP ON ANYTHING. Keep ALL of it, don't even spend it on champions. Get to level 20 first, then spend it on Tier 3 Runes (the best statted ones) but that's another story. Masteries, just add stuff to one page every level, doesn't matter yet, it won't make much of a difference till level 20+ and I'll explain that too.

Add me I may be on tonight.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
It's got a learning curve you just need to know when to back off.

Giz a shout next time you're on TS and I'll have a custom game with ya.

Last edited:

XxEvilDxX

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2010
USA
It's got a learning curve you just need to know when to back off.

Giz a shout next time you're on TS and I'll have a custom game with ya.

I agree jealY, knowing when to back off is important. It is also important to know the other characters as well in order to know what and when to retreat

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Aye, most of it is just learning what to do at what time / situation. As you fight against other champs / play as them, you get to know their spells and capabilities.