Sparta High Rate 2.3+ Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Hey Guys,

We are currently creating a brand new DM2+ High Rate server which hopefully will become one of the most popular servers out there.

-=[Sparta Team]=-
Wond - Sparta Owner and Main Developer
Miles - Developer
Smavid - Map Maker
Ash - Host

-=[Current Status]=-
.:UPDATED:.
Wond said that there may be a test server up some time this weekend, but that is not final.

.:BEFORE:.
At the moment we do not have an estimated time to give you, but we will probably have some sort of beta test quite soon. There is the added complication that I'm going away for 2 weeks, and hence won't be able to do any work on the server, but the other team members will probably host a test server without me. This will be updated as soon as I get any new information.

-=[Information]=-
EXP:- Sparta will have Exp of around 100x Euro EXP.

Start Level:- The start level is 39, and hence you get to miss out the boring start levels.

Items:- We have added a large amount of new items, and currently have sets every 10-20 levels. Obviously we will be adding more items as people progress through the server.

Caves:- One of the most redeeming features of Sparta is the fact that we have a huge amount of both Leveling, and Hunting caves. These are there so that you won't get bored having to level and hunt in the same old monotonous caves every single level, and hence we added a variety. We currently have caves up to level 145, and will be adding more when, and if, we think necessary.

One of a Kind Refining System
:- Sparta currently boasts a unique refining system which will be added to at a later date. Currently after your weapon has reached a certain amount of added stats, certain items are needed to allow you to continue refining. We also have high stat, unwearable items which can be bought at a highish price to increase your chances of a successful refine.

Maps:- We have over 30 original maps made by Smavid (and others) which will give Sparta an authentic feel, and will allow you to hunt and level in places which are so far unknown to you. More and more maps will be created as the server grows.

Quests
:- We have added, and will continue to add, many new quests to Sparta. We know that quests give players things to do other than kill bosses, and level up, and we recognise that having a large amount of quests adds a lot to a server.

Two Capturable Towns
:- We currently have 2 Capturable towns - Sabuk and the Crafting School. Unlike most servers, we have added rewards for having control of these towns. Both offer unique things which give guilds a reason to fight for these towns. Hopefully this will make Castle Wars much more interesting, and will give people a reason to capture Sabuk Wall, and not to have it just for the name.

Spells:- We originally had planned to use the Level Me files, but circumstances (such as bugs in them) have caused us to change to the DM2+ files. I am confident that we will have all the latest spells working before we launch. We also have a unique system for procuring the more advanced spells (such as Blizzard). To get the higher level spells you will have to complete a quest (the difficulty of which will range from hard to near impossible depending on the skill). We hope that this will be more enjoyable than endlessly killing a monster until he drops a spellbook.

Unique Weapon and Armour tags:- Different versions of each weapon and armour will drop, and each of these will have different properties. There are currently 5 tags for weapons, all of which are explained below.

• A: Increases minimum, lowers maximum
• H: Increases maximum, lowers minimum
• R: Increases minimum
• S: Increases maximum
• W: Increases both minimum & maximum
DC 5 Increase
Mc/Sc 4 Increase

The increase always occurs to the main stat (which would be SC for a Taoist weapon, MC for a Wizard weapon, and DC for a Warrior weapon). Obviously these will be rarer than the normal weapons, especially the W which increases both the minimum and the maximum.

We have also added tags for all the armours which drop, and there are two different tags that you can have (as shown below)

• P: Increases AC, lowers AMC
• M: Increases AMC, lowers AC

As you can probably tell from what I've already said, we have gone away from the traditional 'all in one' sets, which we personally think can ruin the game, and we have seperate sets for each class. We hope that the tags will add more of a variety to the items which drop, and we hope that they add something to the overall experience of the server.

Orbs:- We have increased the rarity of orbs, and hence this means that people won't instantly have a full +8 stat kit - they will have to work for their orbs, and use them wisely. If orbs drop too often then you might as well increase the stats on every item by 8. Hopefully this will allow the people who work hard to find orbs to gain a slight edge over people who don't, and it once again gives people another thing to aim for.

All of this, and more (including things I have probably forgotten =p), will be present in Sparta at launch, and our decidated team will add more and more to the server as it progresses.

-=[Other Information]=-
We currently don't have a launch date, but we expect to have a beta sometime soon. There is the slight problem that I am going away for 2 weeks from tomorrow, and hence both won't be able to work on the server (and give it my special touch =p) from now on, but it's likely that the server will be launched sometime before I'm back, and I'm sure that Wond will keep you updated with everything.

We hope that Sparta will be a rare profressionally made, high rate, server with a large user base, and I look forward to seeing a lot of people on it when I return.

Any suggests would be very welcome, as would constructive criticism, and if you have any questions then please post them here and I, or another Sparta Team Member, will answer them as best as we can.

Regards
/Miles - LOMCN Administrator
/Sparta DM2+ Team

reece

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 20, 2005
Its obv going to be brilliant server because, Miles + Ash are in team. So there no doubt this will be best 2.3 made. :) Good luck guys.

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Thanks guys, sure you can use the Signature - there are already a couple of people who are using it (such as Skyline).

Alternatively you can use the one which Nopk11 made (it's in his signature at the moment), which I personally think is genious =p.

About the level 39 start - I personally wasn't 100% sure what to have the starting level as, and I was torn between 1 and 39. If we started at level 1 we would have to have made loads of items, and spread our new maps out, for levels which people don't really like anyway. In the end we thought it would be better to let people start at a level which lets them cut out all of the boring stuff, and get into the action. I hope you guys will agree with me, but if you don't I could always make you level 1 when you join the server? =p

.:EDITED FIRST POST:.
I forgot a couple of things (such as the weapon tags ><, don't even ask me how I forgot that, lol).

/Miles

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
We could, but we're not going to - we don't want things too crazy, but the figure of 100x is just a rough estimate. This server won't have slow leveling I can promise you that. Once we have a beta test up we will evaluate the leveling, and either slow it down, or speed it up, depending on what we see.

/Miles

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
so wen is the server gona be up by or up 4 beta ? :)

Hey,

If you had read my post properly (or at all I suspect =p) you would have read...

Miles said:
We currently don't have a launch date, but we expect to have a beta sometime soon.

Now I know that things can change quite quickly, but I only posted that 3 hours ago, and you should realise that if anything had changed since then I would've informed you about it.

Next time please read everything carefully before you ask a question - in all likely hood if it's something such as an ETA it has already been answered somewhere.

To make it even easier for people to find the Current Progress of the server, I've added a little section at the top of the post about it which I will keep updating regularly - whatever is there is the latest information about the progress of the server.

Regards
/Miles - LOMCN Administrator

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Sounds good, will deffo be playing, whats it going to be hosted on etc? uptime be 24/7? how many gm's? events regually?

If you're deffinitely playing do you really need all that information? =p

Erm, well I'm not sure about the hosting specifications, I'll get Wond to post them when he comes back online. As far as I know the server will be online 24/7 (bar crashes, and reboots etc).

In regards to GM's I imagine that there will only be 3 GM's at the start, myself, Wond, and the Host (so that he can announce reboots and so on), but that may change.

We will probably have some sort of schedual for events, especially large events, so that people can't complain about missing out on them, and I at least will probably do some minor "fun" events which some of you have experienced (or maybe survived is a better word in regards to my "fun" politics quiz) which I will probably do randomally from time to time. I do agree that events are always good for a server, and I will have more information about it when launch the server properly.

/Miles

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
thought u were quitting? and was hoping u would too... but hey more to pk. ash is obviously the host and hes usually as 24/7 as he can be. and to make it succesful gms shouldnt be ingame too much only to sort out problems and too make sure everything is running along smoothly.

Really sounds good now the effort going into server is gr8 gna be one of the best 2.3 servers realeased this year if not the best. btw wld like to know wat way ur going on the events side coz i seriously hope its not gna be log on gm shout event and every 1 turns up to the spawning of random mobs coz those events r nvr fair, but i hope its sumthing ran by npc etc and equally fair to all and very diffrent to other servers.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Its obv going to be brilliant server because, Miles + Ash are in team. So there no doubt this will be best 2.3 made. :) Good luck guys.

Ash is the server host. As for the development team it consists of Myself, Miles & Xanan.

ETA
The server may be online this weekend, lets just see how it goes. Don't quote me on that and don't get your hopes up either.

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Everything sounds good so far, keep up the good work! :D

If you need to speak to me Wond, or Miles, i will be back online at around 11pm. :) I'm off out now so ill c ya later. :P

/Ash

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Recent Update:

Ive been working on a new system called raids. For an hour or so every day the raid rooms will open. Raid rooms contain different boss's that are seriously hard to kill and will require a big group to do so. Each boss has different abilities to attack players. Although raid boss's are very rewarding through drops and other factors.

I wont release too much infomation on these as its still work in progress, but you get the general idea.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
I'm hoping to get the server up this weekend yes, it just all depends on the amount of work I get done. Miles leaves for holidays today so the work load is all on myself, and I'm not a person to spend alot of time online over the weekend.

Regarding beta - Beta will last one day only, this is simply to balance leveling as much as possible between the 3 classes.

daydie

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Aug 26, 2004
Personally i think server will be good i have seen some of the things Wond is going to use and heard alot of things he had planned for the server. Good Luck with it (Y)

/JayZ

Last edited:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
NO1 GIVES TWO ****'S WHO CAN BEAT WHO UP.
Tbh i couldn't proberly beat any of you up. So what? Doesnt matter whos stronger, if your actually grown up, you would just let it slide, but alot of you are babies and are constantly insulintg and flaming the post.

END OF

Heres GT. for new Conquest castle (dunno if im allowed to post but :p)
craftgtzg2.jpg

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
If this is going to be a historical server, why not do a training quest that gives a starter kit, gets you to level 39 and gives books. This could just take like 5-10 minutes. Maybe just to run up a mountain and back after recieving a item from a Elder NPC. This could just have some weak mobs there, hard enough to kill you at level 1 though. This will make it slightly more authentic.

Away ahead of you. Something of that nature has already implemented.

As for beta, yesterday I had a major hangover and NPC scripting and DB work wasn't very high up on my priority list. Today I have been unbelievably busy with my son, hes not going though his teething very well and right now I'm just tired and want to do nothing but relax. I'll get back to work on it tommorow.

As for the sh*t talking thats going on in this thread, knock it on the head lads, can't be bothered with it.

@David: Feel free to post your map work. Its okay now that the advertisement thread has been made.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Thread cleaned.

Infractions given.

Any more flames and spam will be deleted, and more infractions given out by me, for the last bit of time im a mod.

Ta
Sky