Sparta High Rate 2.3+ Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Ill answer ones i know :P

1. Is there a home zone map, or are you using a normal town? (e.g. BW, MW)
1)Yes we have a custom homezone made by me(unless mine was starter town, then wonds made main one :P)
2. If Yes for No.1, then are the NPCs done correctly? (e.g. Correct look for Merchants, placed correctly, easy to find)
2) Im sure wond has done so, and tbh no npc has a specific skin, you can give any npc and skin you like :P
3. By High Rate, do you mean High Exp + Stats or just High Exp?
3) High rate exp and highish stats, not 100% sure, as i dont have access to database.
4. Are there ANY original Mir items left? Since it's Lv.39 start, i'd hate to see a SteelArmour an stuff.
4) again im not 100%, its up to wond, but im sure hes proberly reused certain items
5. For these quests, will they be held on 1 NPC, or on Multiple NPCs?
- If on 1 NPC, will it say what level to attempt?
- If on Multiple NPCs, same as above + will they be easy to locate?
5) Once again not sure, i think they will be mutliple, as for easy to locate, well isnt finding them a quest? but i dont know either :P lol

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
For No.2 lol.

I know you can give them any look you wish, but that's what i meant, have you given them the correct look? So that were not scrolling through the NPCs to find the 1 we're looking for.

P.S: Don't forget to answer No.6, it's the best post down :P

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
pfft dont ask me lol, im jsut the simple map maker I said taos should get uber pets, but wond gives me a earful when i make suggestions, and i dont listen, so i cant answer :P(he trying to make pets fair i thin tho)

Last edited:

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
I'd just like the team to answer my following questions:

1. Is there a home zone map, or are you using a normal town? (e.g. BW, MW)
2. If Yes for No.1, then are the NPCs done correctly? (e.g. Correct look for Merchants, placed correctly, easy to find)
3. By High Rate, do you mean High Exp + Stats or just High Exp?
4. Are there ANY original Mir items left? Since it's Lv.39 start, i'd hate to see a SteelArmour an stuff.
5. For these quests, will they be held on 1 NPC, or on Multiple NPCs?
- If on 1 NPC, will it say what level to attempt?
- If on Multiple NPCs, same as above + will they be easy to locate?

Usually a Taoist is my primary class cause i do best at supporting people rather than just owning solo or up front.

So my question is are the pets actually going to be effective in this server? If you do say it's a High Stat server (Was 1 of my questions) then i don't want pets to be dropping after 1 hit from a Warrior.

1. We have a custom Home Zone.
2. All NPC's look as they should. I.e you won't see a Black Smith selling pots.
3. The server is both High EXP and Stats yes.
- If the server was simply high stats people would die far too quickly when it comes to the PvP aspect of the game. If it was the other way about and the server was high exp, users HP would be too high for the low attacking stats to cope with, therefore making it impossible to kill someone.
4. There are a few original "special" items still in game, such as paras, pros etc. You won't see Steel armour when you log on as you are provided with a custom starting kit, once you have completed the training task.
5. Quests are held on separate NPC's. MOST are quite easy to locate with the odd exception.
6. Yes pets will be effective up to a certain extent but they are only there to help, they won't do the work for you - For example, You won't simply be able to poison & curse a player and let the pet do the rest.

Hope this helps.

forspinki said:
hows the progress of the server coming along
No work has been done on the server in the past month or so due to the fact that I now work around 54 hours per week. Any spare time I get after that I spent doing the following 3 things.

• Spending time with my girlfriend & son
  • Drinking
  • Sleeping

I'm just waiting for Miles to get his internet sorted out and then I'll be asking him to take over as Head Developer as I don't exactly have alot of time on my hands to do alot of work. I'll still be doing bits and bobs but nothing amazing until my hours are more relaxed.

Anyway, I'll post back again with any updates I have. Sorry about the wait but theres nothing I can do about it at the minute :(