Sphinx [2.3]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006
Been working on SphinxMir 2.3.

Exp - Med
GoldRate - Med
DropRate - Med/High

Host Machine:
Intel(R) Celeron(R) 430 @180 180
Memory (RAM) = 3Gb
Stable 20Mg internet connection via VirginMedia

*please note*
running from home to start with to see how things go and if its picks up after about a month or 2 then I WILL BE happy to pay for a dedi so peeps can enjoy a lag free, problem free game.

DONATIONS:
To be honest i havent really thought about this much as its not on my to do list.
I might rack a list up but not at all interested atm.

Leveling is easy till around lvl 65ish, 80+hard.
I picked a medium rate as i like to have alot of items and stuff to add onto.

I have been working on this server myself and alone hence why its taking so long as it is, longer then expected actually as I'm bug hunting myself (so if anyone finds any ingame I missed it)

CAVES:
Some euro caves like WT/PT etc etc etc not all of em.
ElementIsland (PI replica) with an extra 3 caves in (not naming the caves)
Class House (each containing class caves/class quests)
*note*
a warrior or wizard cannot do a quest what is placed in taohouse and vice versa.
Not all cave can be teleported to.
More Grp/Guild hunting areas will be available not naming all of em.
Most maps ppl have seen before, im no good at map making so im making do with what i got *SORRY* but i still have over 1000 to use atm.

MOBS:
will differ with the cave u enter -
E.G - mobs on the first floor in a cave may seem easy but to continue a warr might need a tao or a wizz might need a warr, you will find out.

QUESTS:
this area i must say im not doin so well in, tryna master killcount quests but havent yet, the normal item finding is all good.
General questions NPC (made by myself) answer 15 questions to get a reward, these are not easy questions to answer some digging maybe required.

FIRST KILLCOUNT QUEST IN AND WORKING -- Thnx IceMan hopefully can add more to give ppl lots to do.

GAMEGOLD/GAMEGOLD NPC:
GameGold Shop Availble to all but it gets better, GameGold drops of mobs and bosses.
*Please Note*
GameGold will be in EVERY dropfile on game, but will differ on droprate with the mob.

WINGS:
please guide me here as i dunno whether to put em in or leave them out.
*FEEDBACK PLEASE*

PETS:
pets are in game for ALL classes, but dont think bosses can be solo'd as I am not letting this happen.
Find PetTabs to use a NPC or buy with gamegold u decide.

CAVE TELEPORT:
Yes to certain caves but not all caves (stay fit in mir :)
Sabuk Wall holders get a SabukCave to themselves all with enhanced drop rates,
but not for all the top top items.
*Please Note*
a member from SW guild may invite a non member to hunt in SabukCave.
Can guild members be trusted?

Theres abit of info for all to read feedback is welcome good or bad.

Regards

Mason

I have made servers in the past but gave them away and they turned out alright so now I doing it for myself. hope peeps like what i can make for them.

Oh and im no good at advertisment lol

Sorry but ETA = TBD will keep posting the closer i get im looking at around 2/3 weeks

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Re: Sphinx

Good luck.

WINGS:
please guide me here as i dunno whether to put em in or leave them out.
*FEEDBACK PLEASE*

Erm all I can say is why not? Up to you...they're just another item to have stats on/change your character look so...yeah.

BuzzBee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2010

mason u legend :D
looking forward to this 1...dont give it away :P
all looks fine to me...there are some things you can fix while its online tho...like quests etc...and just do the odd reboot now n again to sort it :)
wings are entirely up to u...as tai said..their just another item..do wat ya like with um :)
best of luck m8...hope it goes online asap

TaoQueen

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2010

Good luck man, I'll be playing ^_^

/ULTRA

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006

Good Luck :) ill be playing if and when you get it up.

Omen/

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008

if ryan plays ill give it a shot :P if any crap ill just log. So hopefully its worth the wait :)

Good luck.

Queilon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 8, 2009

it sounds good
hope to seeing it on and running
only thing bothering me is the ballance of classes since i like to play tao and they are allways left behind or overpowered
g/l with server thoe

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008

it sounds good
only thing bothering me is the ballance of classes since i like to play tao and they are allways left behind or overpowered
g/l with server thoe

I feel your pain with a tao. I started to play a tao and the 1st time i played 1 fully it was just crap. I wished i never made 1 tbh. Next server ima just stick to a war or wiz. But if i hear taos are ok then ill try 1 out ;)

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006

taos are virtually impossible to balance on 2.3...

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008

I recon they should all ways have a mass pet or spell :) They lvl to slow for people to even be assed to play them. They only play them if they get (Helped) lvlin most of the time And there very handy at pkin when got nice spells.

BuzzBee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2010

taos arent as hard to balance as ppl think....yeah u have to have a few taos lvld with spells lvld and with half decent kits...and it will take a few attempts to get them right....listen to everyone and go by the top vote tbh...but not if its all wars saying things cos they get ownd or w.e

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006

it sounds good
g/l with server thoe

I love playing Tao's, yes tao's are hard and slow @ lvling but when lvled with skill tao's are untouchable.
I will think of tao's, TBH i dunno about mass att pets as this give tao's who have POISON,CURSE,SFB, ability to summon 2 pets that little edge in PVP/PK.

I am racking up a Pet Rental NPC, these will be available in Class Houses this way wiz and warr's will have NO access to tao pets and vice versa.
Wiz Pet NPC, sorry but wiz pets are time limited, i shudnt really do a wiz pet npc as wiz's have ability to tame.
Warr's now these are tricky cuz i dont want it where I have a warr that's good at melee with an awsome pet.

Will try and balance it out as much as i can, literally working on this 24/7, to get it up n running ASAP

UPDATE:
IceCavern Completed Just DropFiles to do! <<can solo hunt but sum mobs require DC,SC and MC
WT/PT Quests are in and working theres 10 in both caves so far which range from item finding to killcount <<< Thnx ICEMAN on KillCount Quest Help!!
Quests for most caves to keep you busy, Title NPC after you completed ALL quests for a cave you have the ability to choose to have a title for the cave u Pwnd.
E.G: Complete all WT quests, Click title NPC -- WTSlayer, this is an example its NOT the title lol i will think of better.
Got a new ITEM.Wil file so gotta go over most items to put images correct hence y its 24/7.

Will update more

Thnx for the interest and the feedback, i will try not to lewt u lot down

Mason

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010

I love playing Tao's, yes tao's are hard and slow @ lvling but when lvled with skill tao's are untouchable.
I will think of tao's, TBH i dunno about mass att pets as this give tao's who have POISON,CURSE,SFB, ability to summon 2 pets that little edge in PVP/PK.

I am racking up a Pet Rental NPC, these will be available in Class Houses this way wiz and warr's will have NO access to tao pets and vice versa.
Wiz Pet NPC, sorry but wiz pets are time limited, i shudnt really do a wiz pet npc as wiz's have ability to tame.
Warr's now these are tricky cuz i dont want it where I have a warr that's good at melee with an awsome pet.

Will try and balance it out as much as i can, literally working on this 24/7, to get it up n running ASAP

UPDATE:
IceCavern Completed Just DropFiles to do! <<can solo hunt but sum mobs require DC,SC and MC
WT/PT Quests are in and working theres 10 in both caves so far which range from item finding to killcount <<< Thnx ICEMAN on KillCount Quest Help!!
Quests for most caves to keep you busy, Title NPC after you completed ALL quests for a cave you have the ability to choose to have a title for the cave u Pwnd.
E.G: Complete all WT quests, Click title NPC -- WTSlayer, this is an example its NOT the title lol i will think of better.
Got a new ITEM.Wil file so gotta go over most items to put images correct hence y its 24/7.

Will update more

Thnx for the interest and the feedback, i will try not to lewt u lot down

Mason

My good old mate mason :) the one i loved pking on domination right? :P

hope the server goes well for you.

Queilon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 8, 2009

well... i hope you'll figuer someting out for the taos
g/l with finishing the server and see y'all in game

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England

taos should be fairly easy to balance, just dont make them lvl stupidly fast like most servers, they should allways be the lowest class

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006

taos should be fairly easy to balance, just dont make them lvl stupidly fast like most servers, they should allways be the lowest class

Agreed.

UPDATE :
BDD x3 Caves are in -- Normal Euro -- EliteBDD -- BossBDD
*Please Note*
BossBDD is for abit of fun boss hunting, requires a grp/guild to hunt in solo will just never happen :)
(As my mrs dont read these forums, EliteDonna is a boss mob in game) - will she drop summot nice? not a STI so dont worry LMAO SHHHHHHH!
EliteBDD is not EuroBDD mobs, totally different.
EveryBoss ingame will be in BossBDD but entering is not free! Item and cash required.<< this stops peeps hunting here all the time to get kit, Lvl required? unsure atm
BossBDD will not be a run through cave, every boss drops a item that you will need to advance to the next room :)

Queilon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 8, 2009

n1 sphinx
good to see that there is a place where you can find all the bosses alltogether and that you can enter only in a group :P
keep up the good work

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006

**UPDATE**

Summot most peeps will be glad to hear!!!

Should have a extra pair of hands this afternoon, get more done, -- ForSure im working to get this online ASAP now i havent got a TDB Online Date.