[CD3.55] Std_Items Knackered

Join Discord

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
lately everytime we add new items to the server, the database crashes and wont load back up, until the items are removed, has anyone had this before please and know of a fix?

dagras

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
yeah i had it everytime i add a new line after 2899. hence why i posted on forum if it had max amount of lines that could be added. check your index numbers make sure all in order and remove dupes.

still dont know why i cant add more lines lol

Upvote 0

Serane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2012
yeah i had it everytime i add a new line after 2899. hence why i posted on forum if it had max amount of lines that could be added. check your index numbers make sure all in order and remove dupes.

try to add numbers like d2900

Upvote 0

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK

im still below 900 :/ nothing i can do until this is fixed :(

Upvote 0

dagras

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
index numbers go in numerical order....surely adding d2900 etc then database will look for d001, doo2 , doo3 etc
and if not find it will give a std_items database error code = 10 or summit

Upvote 0

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
Had this error before, my solution was finding the actual cause of the error which I found was several kits before I had got to the item but over time didn't notice it until most players had got to the required level.

Upvote 0

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
Usually it's due to an item in the DB that is corrupt or miss-placed (Not correctly indexed) and so SQL won't allow further entries to be made. You need to find and alter the offending entry/ies in the database before it will allow you to add new ones. Which does mean exporting the whole database to excel and sifting through each line of data until you find it.

@dagras - Have you tried adding the information to a non live database, as the server wouldn't be able to limit you to 2899 database entries in SQL. Remember SQL is a database application and can handle a lot more than just 2899 in one table.

Upvote 0

dagras

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
yes i have tried that. gone thru sql umpteen times checking for dupelicated entries incorrect index numbers, even removed dissapear times from entries. it always seems to be when i add a new own item entry into sql for players owns, after line 2899.then reload std_items database then all in game lose everything on kit lol
all lines before that work fine.

Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
I don't know of any issue with the database not loading after 2899, I had over 4000 items on my database and loaded fine. Must be an error in the information somewhere if its crashing.

Upvote 0