Task Manager End Task - PK Avoidance. Now Fixed.

smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
An assassin could take me out in 10 seconds.

The system is very carebear imo
i dont have assassins on my server

its not carebear at all, if your telling me you think you should be able to start a fight and not have to stay around to face the consequences, your the carebear :P

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
This was exploited on your server, in the opposite way you intended.
We'd start fights with 1 player off peace in the group, thus they go brown (stick around, then run off to get off brown) - then the others would run in on peace to bait other players to go brown. Once we'd done this, you could fight freely without the fear of dying and the guarantee that your enemy would die. :)

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
This was exploited on your server, in the opposite way you intended.
We'd start fights with 1 player off peace in the group, thus they go brown (stick around, then run off to get off brown) - then the others would run in on peace to bait other players to go brown. Once we'd done this, you could fight freely without the fear of dying and the guarantee that your enemy would die. :)
i dont get how you mean opposite to what i intended?

if you go brown its your own fault, you cant bait someone to go brown?

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
i dont get how you mean opposite to what i intended?

if you go brown its your own fault, you cant bait someone to go brown?
You can. If one player from a group attacks, the assumptions is made (usually) that the whole group will fight.
This happened numerous times in ZT, being a warrior made it easy. Just run into the group and start swinging Halfmoon (on peace)... one or more players would attack you outright. Just made it easy to get guaranteed death drops from your enemies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
right so its player assuption error. i get you

so someone in the group would then attack you going brown, so you could kill the brown player thats in a group in defence mode...

but your saying a whole group would watch you kill a single member and not defend the member?

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
In most instances it was group versus group.
You'd often use a backline wizard to start the damage, they'd go brown - stick around and then wander off to go white.
By this point you've ran in on peace, the other group expected a fight attacks you/others. At which point the majority of them are brown.
Then you change your attack mode, if you get low hp you can tt/rt. The other group, who are brown, have no option but to die. :)

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
You'd often use a backline wizard to start the damage, they'd go brown - stick around and then wander off to go white.
By this point you've ran in on peace, the other group expected a fight attacks you/others. At which point the majority of them are brown.
Then you change your attack mode, if you get low hp you can tt/rt. The other group, who are brown, have no option but to die. :)
i see how you baited group fights now. if only the other group was smart enough to use defence mode and not group attack mode.

Reactions: NewHope

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Unsure on this topic so going to give a brief scenario.. Im pking with a group of mates. 3 of those are on virgin same as me. mid pk we lag out brown? Thus means our characters stay in game? I mean my net and numerous peoples net have gone down over the years no matter how much we pay or good it is. Ive had people log on my char when my net has gone down to save me dying or breaking kit. What you have done here is just completely fked any one who is pking no? cant rt tt while brown????? Lets say im a wizard , warrior. A tao comes in greens boss lures room over forces me to then pk him to make it easier or safer for me to kill boss.. i then cannot tt or rt if im brown and decide to stop him greifing me on the boss? Please correct me if im wrong here fella

Couldn't be bothered to read all the responses :D

From what I remember of this server, you could easily die VERY quickly if you didn't pay enough attention. No one is quick enough to save you from a DC even if it did happen, so this argument is completely moot :) I can only assume you're arguing to save your Alt+F4 tactics as the only way someone would be quick enough, would be because you have each others accounts on screen at standby, ready to cheat the Brown mechanic.
Post automatically merged:

This was learnt from the very first time it occurred :D

It didn't last all that long for a tactic really, the benefit of tricking people didn't weigh much against catching the other group off guard and trashing them before they could react.

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Couldn't be bothered to read all the responses :D

From what I remember of this server, you could easily die VERY quickly if you didn't pay enough attention. No one is quick enough to save you from a DC even if it did happen, so this argument is completely moot :) I can only assume you're arguing to save your Alt+F4 tactics as the only way someone would be quick enough, would be because you have each others accounts on screen at standby, ready to cheat the Brown mechanic.

This was learnt from the very first time it occurred :D

It didn't last all that long for a tactic really, the benefit of tricking people didn't weigh much against catching the other group off guard and trashing them before they could react.

You clearly assume to much. As i never played his server`s nor do i alt f4 mid pk? cheat? what are you even on about i definitely would not cheat vs you or try and tt. i enjoy pk. so that dribble you have just came up with adds absolute 0 to the reply you just have given. Please tell me more on how i like to cheat ect if you did take the time to read like what tai stated this can easily be abused or just cause absolute 0 pk. Your right no one can log you out just before you lag out in the 20-30sec it gives you ?? interesting... Not that i have and others have done this many of times to people that lags out as its quicker to log in them. ( unsure if you cannot minimize your self or have a 2nd monitor or have people that trust you to log in their accounts. obviously a pk scenario is different.. This is a place to have a opinion not act like a stuck up twat and say x person is cheating cause they don't agree with a mechanic .

Again good luck to sanj with doing what ever he pleases. * couldn't be bothered to read all the Reponses* lol this attitude makes me laugh no one responded to you. and if you didnt want to reply to others unsure why you have to state it. p.s who the **** alt f4s mid pk? wut? ????????????????????????????? that is one way to die quicker gj

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
what i do find interesting. is that my other fix by logging the same account to instantly disconnect is recieved with praise.

yet this method of force shutting down the client has seen more responses toward my opinion of PK rather than the actual issue itself.

I have now fixed both of these methods of avoiding the brown system.

Most people that wont like this are players that are accustom to account logging or force shutting down to avoid dying, or cowards as i like to call them.

we all have different views on what should and shouldnt happen in PK. The brown system which has been in place for as long as i can remember is DESIGNED to show you who has started aggressive behaviour, no matter how you look at it, it is possible to avoid going brown 100% of the time, there is no excuse for going brown and nothing anyone says can be used to defend going brown.

MY opinion on PK is reletivly simple, if you go brown you deserve to stay and fight and not find a loop hole out of it, which was either logging the account again OR ending the task. OR being able to cheaply TT/DE/RT.

You go brown you stay and fight, or you die trying.

but im sure ill get a laughing face emoji on this without actually saying anything, again more evidence of players who enjoy griefing on servers that put up with it :)

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
There are many games out there that WILL keep you logged in for x seconds if you force close.
I think it's a good thing.

The TT/RT/DE part I don't agree with however.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
what i do find interesting. is that my other fix by logging the same account to instantly disconnect is recieved with praise.

yet this method of force shutting down the client has seen more responses toward my opinion of PK rather than the actual issue itself.

I have now fixed both of these methods of avoiding the brown system.

Most people that wont like this are players that are accustom to account logging or force shutting down to avoid dying, or cowards as i like to call them.

we all have different views on what should and shouldnt happen in PK. The brown system which has been in place for as long as i can remember is DESIGNED to show you who has started aggressive behaviour, no matter how you look at it, it is possible to avoid going brown 100% of the time, there is no excuse for going brown and nothing anyone says can be used to defend going brown.

MY opinion on PK is reletivly simple, if you go brown you deserve to stay and fight and not find a loop hole out of it, which was either logging the account again OR ending the task. OR being able to cheaply TT/DE/RT.

You go brown you stay and fight, or you die trying.

but im sure ill get a laughing face emoji on this without actually saying anything, again more evidence of players who enjoy griefing on servers that put up with it :)

I don't think the conversations in this thread have anything to do with the fix you've presented, more the fact that the fix is for an issue you've created yourself by disallowing TT/DE for anyone brown because you think it's grief play. It's literally how the game has worked for 20 years. The truth is you don't like something and that's your prerogative but calling people cowards/cheats/griefers/cheap if they decide to tele out of a fight is loony talk

Reactions: Jev

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I don't think the conversations in this thread have anything to do with the fix you've presented, more the fact that the fix is for an issue you've created yourself by disallowing TT/DE for anyone brown because you think it's grief play. It's literally how the game has worked for 20 years. The truth is you don't like something and that's your prerogative but calling people cowards/cheats/griefers/cheap if they decide to tele out of a fight is loony talk
its not a fix for a problem ive created tho @Tai is a fix for a problem that already existed, its the opposide side of the same coin as the account logging. You might aswell say account logging is also a fix for a problem i created, yet you didnt?

and yes if i dont like something it is my perogative.

i didnt say TT while brown is grief play at all! i said account logging or force shut down IS. TT while brown is cowardly, IMO and the only people that enjoy that senario are those that from my experience are generally morons who start fights they cant win so they TT.. Imagine what would happen if you had to stick around for the fight you started...

you dont agree with me, and i wonder as to why that is... i believe you enjoy pking but dont like dying ^^

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
its not a fix for a problem ive created tho @Tai is a fix for a problem that already existed, its the opposide side of the same coin as the account logging. You might aswell say account logging is also a fix for a problem i created, yet you didnt?

and yes if i dont like something it is my perogative.

i didnt say TT while brown is grief play at all! i said account logging or force shut down IS. TT while brown is cowardly, IMO and the only people that enjoy that senario are those that from my experience are generally morons who start fights they cant win so they TT.. Imagine what would happen if you had to stick around for the fight you started...

you dont agree with me, and i wonder as to why that is... i believe you enjoy pking but dont like dying ^^
The point is nobody Alt+F4's during a fight on any other server though lol, because they would just TT instead.

How can one be defined as "grief play" but not the other when it's essentially the same thing?

And yes, I do enjoy pking and I don't like dying............. same as everybody else 🧐 :ROFLMAO:

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I remember years ago how people would just DE to get rid of Tao's poison. Is that even still a thing ?

Morganja

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 11, 2017
Ngl I've never ever heard of ppl alt f4ing mid fight. No tt or rt on brown will lead to more grief play than it will cure. Depends on players ofc but on ur standard non carebear mir server thatd get abused like mad. If they're on peace u can kill them before they change mode. If they arent on peace u can turn them brown then pk them. Mad mechanic. Sound fun from a pker/griefers point of view. Tempted to download

• Haha
Reactions: samwil and Tai

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Ngl I've never ever heard of ppl alt f4ing mid fight. No tt or rt on brown will lead to more grief play than it will cure. Depends on players ofc but on ur standard non carebear mir server thatd get abused like mad. If they're on peace u can kill them before they change mode. If they arent on peace u can turn them brown then pk them. Mad mechanic. Sound fun from a pker/griefers point of view. Tempted to download
Problem.jpg :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Morganja

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
The point is nobody Alt+F4's during a fight on any other server though lol, because they would just TT instead.

So your also saying no one account logs to instant disconnect?

yet it was in place when i launched EuRe and had over 140 players during its peak and it was never moaned about as much as it has been brought up here? interesting

EDIT: this isnt about alt+f4 because you cant do it anyway, thats why youve never heard of it and its why the title says task managed end process, not alt+f4

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Why would they when they can just TT/RT/DE?
heres my confusion, you liked the fact i supplied the code, other people have commented on how its been abused for far too long (not on my server) yet if it was something as simple as a tt/rt/de it wouldnt be needed.

even odessey have stated they will use it and im sure they wont stop players tt/rt/de while brown...

perhaps you dont see where im coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.