Task Manager End Task - PK Avoidance. Now Fixed.

Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
heres my confusion, you liked the fact i supplied the code, other people have commented on how its been abused for far too long (not on my server) yet if it was something as simple as a tt/rt/de it wouldnt be needed.

even odessey have stated they will use it and im sure they wont stop players tt/rt/de while brown...

perhaps you dont see where im coming from?
Obviously I'm missing something then, perhaps somebody can explain?
Why would they when they can just TT/RT/DE?

2dang3rous

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2004
Obviously I'm missing something then, perhaps somebody can explain?
Its very situational...

There is a 'benefit' for example of being able to alt + f4 where you don't want to run back to zt 7th, and rather, get put back into the 7th lobby if you are brown (with this system in place (you wouldn't be able to tt/rt/de anyway).

Logging, whether brown or not REMOVED tao's green and red poison after the game evolved and this seemed to be an intended patch on euro (possibly due to how high the damage got and how red poison made you take THAT much more damage...who knows), It wasn't that way for however many years and it changed there afterwards on a Live server, so to say its been like this for 20 years on something unchanged, is that really an indication that it shouldn't be changed?

I've played official euro to a high degree and know pretty much every trick in the book, you cannot tell me alt f4'ing in an open space like WW or BW is the same as rt/tt/de'ing if the situation allowed me to I would, itd keep me in the fight - whether or not this was a guild fight, fighting for the sake of it or if it was fighting for a lord that spawned, it doesn't really matter.

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Should of made alt + F4 keybind, auto kill themselves, I don't agree with the 10 seconds thing, as plenty of players Lagg out and will end up just being killed. If someone wants to press alt f4 punish them a different way ^^

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I don't personally know of any benefit to Alt+F4 either, it's only an issue with what Tai said...when you have created a mechanic based around it. In this example, it would be being Brown disables your ability to get out of a fight you started. The only situations I can think of it being "abused" normally is maybe in situations when you can't RT around certain maps, like in ZT and you want to return to 7F lobby or something rather than returning to town...but I haven't found this to really be a thing since euro days? With being able to tele back to dungeons and things that people put into servers these days, it's of minimal concern.

But honestly, this was one of the most interesting mechanics to be put into Mir. It actually made you think twice about engaging on an unsuspecting group, and those who did engage, it made for some really good fighting lol.

It's a welcomed mechanic, and it's good Sanj is putting things in place to protect something he's introduced.
Post automatically merged:

You clearly assume to much. As i never played his server`s nor do i alt f4 mid pk? cheat? what are you even on about i definitely would not cheat vs you or try and tt. i enjoy pk. so that dribble you have just came up with adds absolute 0 to the reply you just have given. Please tell me more on how i like to cheat ect if you did take the time to read like what tai stated this can easily be abused or just cause absolute 0 pk. Your right no one can log you out just before you lag out in the 20-30sec it gives you ?? interesting... Not that i have and others have done this many of times to people that lags out as its quicker to log in them. ( unsure if you cannot minimize your self or have a 2nd monitor or have people that trust you to log in their accounts. obviously a pk scenario is different.. This is a place to have a opinion not act like a stuck up twat and say x person is cheating cause they don't agree with a mechanic .

Again good luck to sanj with doing what ever he pleases. * couldn't be bothered to read all the Reponses* lol this attitude makes me laugh no one responded to you. and if you didnt want to reply to others unsure why you have to state it. p.s who the **** alt f4s mid pk? wut? ????????????????????????????? that is one way to die quicker gj

Alt+F4 PKing on here (To cover your question), was because you can't TT/RT when you're Brown. This was something Sanj put in on purpose. Hence the misleading direction...I don't see a point in it either, but you apparently did, so I assumed you played the previous edition of the server and was trying to keep hold of a problem to get out of fights lol.

But you've gone off on your own tangent here...didn't even mention the word "cheat" and yet, it's littered in your post lol.

Alt+F4ing mid fight was a definite problem in Sanj's previous edition of his server, that is what I was responding to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sanjian

DarkStar

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 15, 2003
people would bait you into pk then summon their marriage partner, any fix for that? shouldn't be able to recall your lover if engage in pvp tbh, the brown thing was best thing on your server tbh and the alt f4 iv seen plenty of people doing that so nice to see that change expect if you lag out :D

samwil

LOMCN Leecher
Apr 28, 2019
wow, what an amazing idea!

hopefully your userbase is dumb enough to not figure out how to abuse it

you should ultimately consider hardlocking the attack mode to peaceful, that way you'd have an actual argument for why your dev choices would result in less griefing

• Haha
Reactions: Tai and Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
people would bait you into pk then summon their marriage partner, any fix for that? shouldn't be able to recall your lover if engage in pvp tbh, the brown thing was best thing on your server tbh and the alt f4 iv seen plenty of people doing that so nice to see that change expect if you lag out :D
you cant recall your partner if your brown, thats already in place and has been for a long time :) but if you bait someone into going brown they clearly didnt know how to use the attack modes effectivly

wow, what an amazing idea!

hopefully your userbase is dumb enough to not figure out how to abuse it

you should ultimately consider hardlocking the attack mode to peaceful, that way you'd have an actual argument for why your dev choices would result in less griefing
you cant abuse it, thats the point

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
you cant recall your partner if your brown, thats already in place and has been for a long time :) but if you bait someone into going brown they clearly didnt know how to use the attack modes effectivly

you cant abuse it, thats the point
What if I start a nice fair 1v1 fight with someone and they recall their partner for help but I can't do the same? It's no longer a fair fight but that's my fault for starting the fight cos fighting is bad right?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
What if I start a nice fair 1v1 fight with someone and they recall their partner for help but I can't do the same? It's no longer a fair fight but that's my fault for starting the fight cos fighting is bad right?
were never going to agree. you think its fair to start a fight and then TT because your going to die.

i see that as a pussy tactic, you start a fight, you should finish it. but you dont. you want to get out of their becuase your not as skilled as your apponent.

you could say, i want a nice 1v1 fight and not have them have the guild turn up and join in.

its a simple idea that was welcomed by alot of people.

if YOU go brown you stay or you run.

EDIT: your not also reading that i dont thinking fighting is bad. there is NO PK punishment. the onyl thing you risk via murder is a curse, you dont go yellow you dont go red.

tell me how is that not wanting fighting?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I'm not sure that answers my question but thank you
both of your questions apear to be retorrical, what was you expecting me to say?

if your brown you cannot recall your partner.

fighting is not bad and is welcomed. TT fighting is pointless and if you want to avoid dying you shouldnt be fighting.

far too many keyboard warriors in MIR, especially in game with the trash talking, but put them in a situation they cant get out and then see if they can back it up.

i really dont get why your struggling with the concept of if you start a fight you should kill the person you started on or die trying?

Should of made alt + F4 keybind, auto kill themselves, I don't agree with the 10 seconds thing, as plenty of players Lagg out and will end up just being killed. If someone wants to press alt f4 punish them a different way ^^
you cant alt+f4 in combat >.< i dont know why alt+f4 keeps being brough up, its impossible (without editing the client) to ALT+F4 during combat. its why ive not addressed it.

most players THINK when their opponent dissapears mid fight suddenly that they alt+f4'ed. but they didnt, they either account logged, or force shut down the task :)

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
What does TT'ing have to do with one person being able to recall while the other isn't allowed? :)

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
What does TT'ing have to do with one person being able to recall while the other isn't allowed? :)

What he's saying is, you can't prevent it, just as you can't prevent an entire guild coming to back them up, or passers by joining in lol.

But curious if there if there is a way to prevent both parties during combat phase that the ring could be blocked, as I do think that is a little cheap. Guild assistance and passers by is one thing, but partner ringing could be a bit annoying as it's instant.

Although I don't recall having a decent 1v1 fight in years...usually if they are alone, they will just run or TT.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
What he's saying is, you can't prevent it, just as you can't prevent an entire guild coming to back them up, or passers by joining in lol.

But curious if there if there is a way to prevent both parties during combat phase that the ring could be blocked, as I do think that is a little cheap. Guild assistance and passers by is one thing, but partner ringing could be a bit annoying as it's instant.

Although I don't recall having a decent 1v1 fight in years...usually if they are alone, they will just run or TT.
yes its entirely possible to link the ring to combat timer, like i linked the grouping/trading to it.

i guess for a feature the ring and group recall should be tied into the combat timer and not the brown timer, for consistency.

i would consider the following grief tactics in a fight situation:
account logging - fixed
force shutdown - fixed
forcing opponents trade invite dialog open - fixed
forcing opponents group invide dialog open - fixed

i consider this cheap tactics in a fight situation:
TT/RT/DE while brown - fixed
group recall - will fix
partner recall - will fix

after playing a bit of wow recently i am thinking of giving guilds a new skill called guild recall which will work similar to a warlocks summoning portal (requiring 3 members to achieve)

if/when i add this i will also link it to the combat timer.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
That also fixes the whole ringing back after you've been killed scenario as well during group fights as your partner would be in combat. That was another annoying occurrence.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
That also fixes the whole ringing back after you've been killed scenario as well during group fights as your partner would be in combat. That was another annoying occurrence.
that was a good shout btw, ive now fixed this.

- group leader cannot recall if in combat or < 10 seconds after combat.
- group members who are in combat or < 10 seconds after combat will not be recalled.
- you cannot recall your marriage partner if in combat or < 10 seconds after combat.
- your marriage partnet cannot be recalled if they are in combat or < 10 seconds after combat.

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
What does the in combat timer start from? Last time u hit someone, or last time someone hit you?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
that was a good shout btw, ive now fixed this.

- group leader cannot recall if in combat or < 10 seconds after combat.
- group members who are in combat or < 10 seconds after combat will not be recalled.
- you cannot recall your marriage partner if in combat or < 10 seconds after combat.
- your marriage partnet cannot be recalled if they are in combat or < 10 seconds after combat.
Dunno why you're thanking Pottsy it was me who pointed it out :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: StormHero
Status
Not open for further replies.