TGAV2 (StarLite) Coming Soon

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

danboss

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 2, 2003
Using Windows 8.1:

After I enter account details, client stops responding with the CAPTCHA pop-up. Tried alternating between windowed and full screen mode but the client doesn't respond. Also tried compatibility mode and Administrator mode but this doesn't fix the issue.

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Northant's Town : Serious Gamer
tried that didnt work

sounds disappointing :/

monk skills are slowly being added into the server as we needed a little info on what would be best for this chars skills

as for the problem with captha im looking into this fast and will post asap

---------- Post Merged at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Removed Capcha
hope this helps

Last edited:

iceking2k10

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2010
just curious u have wiped has exp been upped a tad as ive been in bug cave at lvl 20 for 5~10 mins and not lvled once yet ahah liek 3k a mob ether up the exp a tad or reduce the exp needed

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Yeah what squall is saying is absolutely neccesary.

Going to a cave and getting the kit there, then going to next repeating, until every1 is hunting the lvl 200 cave is a bad structure.

Need to be rare items, but with some many items in the DB it will be nion impossible to know what is actually rare and what isnt.

Maybe you could put a glow or something on "Legendary" items that are rare, to seperate them from the common trash items,

right i see... just beacause your gaining basic level kits dont mean they are the rare items... you havent even touched them rare ones yet
so to say hunting is pointless is mad , every item has a drop chance of added stat from 0-10 , perks or Elements

Bosses hold a whole different item structure , especially as they hold new items noone has ever seen or heard of ..

playing the server for 1-2 days and seeing we needed a few fixes is not the best of look.
but seems scripts wouldnt read once overloaded... most have been manipulated for the better of the server and others have been removed
Skills , items and a few other minor scripts

Glow is on Rare items... and this is why i say playing 2 days dont help..
There are 3 types of glows that state how rare the item is

i need to make a post with some better info to help you guys and girls with whats going on inside the servers brain

sorry you and many others had so much trouble these past two days

Drops being looked at via a few bosses also , to ensure , game flows well

and GG should be dropping Rare?
or am i mistaken .

---------- Post Merged at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:55 PM ----------

just curious u have wiped has exp been upped a tad as ive been in bug cave at lvl 20 for 5~10 mins and not lvled once yet ahah liek 3k a mob ether up the exp a tad or reduce the exp needed

yes exp has been bumped also, i suggest go mining to earn some exp gems to help along your travels

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Im seriously confused.. theres some EXP stone in town that gives 500exp per hit, yet if u go kill hens etc they give 550 or something but take about 10 hits to die...?

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
right i see... just beacause your gaining basic level kits dont mean they are the rare items... you havent even touched them rare ones yet
so to say hunting is pointless is mad , every item has a drop chance of added stat from 0-10 , perks or Elements

Bosses hold a whole different item structure , especially as they hold new items noone has ever seen or heard of ..

playing the server for 1-2 days and seeing we needed a few fixes is not the best of look.
but seems scripts wouldnt read once overloaded... most have been manipulated for the better of the server and others have been removed
Skills , items and a few other minor scripts

Glow is on Rare items... and this is why i say playing 2 days dont help..
There are 3 types of glows that state how rare the item is

i need to make a post with some better info to help you guys and girls with whats going on inside the servers brain

sorry you and many others had so much trouble these past two days

Drops being looked at via a few bosses also , to ensure , game flows well

and GG should be dropping Rare?
or am i mistaken .

---------- Post Merged at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:55 PM ----------

yes exp has been bumped also, i suggest go mining to earn some exp gems to help along your travels

Ok we get it there are 3000 items in db.

WHAT ABOUT CAVES? When you are lvl60 WHERE ELSE can you hunt other than deceased cave? Is that 1 boss and 1 cave all there is?

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Im seriously confused.. theres some EXP stone in town that gives 500exp per hit, yet if u go kill hens etc they give 550 or something but take about 10 hits to die...?

These baffled me also. Apparently a monk was AoE'ing these and shot to top of rankings in the early hours of it being live. While warriors for example had to slug it away in caves and get nowhere near as much exp.

@Myth;
That sounds better. We were just confused by the item structuring is all. Seemed like a leveling server but if there is proper laid out teirs of items and not just level 60 kit, level 70 kit, level 80 kit etc then thats okay.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Re: TGAV2 (StarLite) Now Online

Yeah i just afk levelled on those exp stones all day, seemed pointless having caves if i could just max level in the main town lol

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
So to level up you just sit in town afk hitting these EXP stones? Sorry but 1st impressions of this server are really bad :l Just log on and feel like "wtf is going on!?"

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
hitting stones will be there forever... if you wish to level up with no kit just lacing a stone for hours on end thats your choice.
but you wont get past 50 doing so...

and then you will have to hunt kits ect ..

Kits open in 10 levels but stats vary in such a big way , items will Glow if rare

Deceased cave is not the only place to hunt . you need to get CAVE SCROLLS from bosses 0-50 areas

Lvl 50 = -Deceased-Cave-
Lvl 60 = -Bichon's-Lair-
Lvl 70 = -Frog-Cave-
Lvl 80 = -Reaking-Mines-
Lvl 90 = -Snake-Temple-
Lvl 100 = -Skuma-Temple-

and so on

this give players need for new items for required level and will require the player to hunt scroll to get to these caves

sarafino

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 21, 2012
He means, are the tele scrolls for caves the only places past a certain level, or are the caves in the towns etc still of use or are they there purely to get going and get scrolls?

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
He means, are the tele scrolls for caves the only places past a certain level, or are the caves in the towns etc still of use or are they there purely to get going and get scrolls?

aye for now they are the only way to get to the higher caves
thus helping noobs understanding / level on the way

once players hit a high enough level , we will add a new feature to pay points for teleports around the TGA maps

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
hitting stones will be there forever... if you wish to level up with no kit just lacing a stone for hours on end thats your choice.
but you wont get past 50 doing so...

and then you will have to hunt kits ect ..

Kits open in 10 levels but stats vary in such a big way , items will Glow if rare

Deceased cave is not the only place to hunt . you need to get CAVE SCROLLS from bosses 0-50 areas

Lvl 50 = -Deceased-Cave-
Lvl 60 = -Bichon's-Lair-
Lvl 70 = -Frog-Cave-
Lvl 80 = -Reaking-Mines-
Lvl 90 = -Snake-Temple-
Lvl 100 = -Skuma-Temple-

and so on

this give players need for new items for required level and will require the player to hunt scroll to get to these caves

Ok thanks. Got my answer.

Out of curiosity. Why would a lvl70 go into a lvl90 cave when those caves drop lvl70 and lvl90 kit and vice versa?

So you have been working for 1-2years and what you got to present is a single cave per 10 lvls. You wasted so much time and effort creating an amazing map with nice caves and features lvl1-50 which simply lasts for a few hrs. Was it that hard to make a similar world for lvl50-80 and another for 80+ instead of that stupid tele system?

It really frustrates me see so much work wasted simply because some ppl think that fireworks and glowing items matter more than actual content and gameplay. At least servers like yours, gravity and chronicles prove that there is a quite big mir community still waiting to play a well made server.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Just need to make some of the caves that are actually on the map really difficult, and in a BDD style where its full of bosses with n1 boss at end. You know, somewhere to hunt. Every single one of your caves i could run from start to finish without getting hit if i wanted. Thats not fun. May aswell have caves 1 room size of book shop with boss inside.

Scrap the good/bad towns, roll em into 1.

By doing this you have eliminated alot of the community spirit as you dont see 50% (Roughly) of the users for the most part, and youve also eliminated town pk.

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Ok thanks. Got my answer.

Out of curiosity. Why would a lvl70 go into a lvl90 cave when those caves drop lvl70 and lvl90 kit and vice versa?

So you have been working for 1-2years and what you got to present is a single cave per 10 lvls. You wasted so much time and effort creating an amazing map with nice caves and features lvl1-50 which simply lasts for a few hrs. Was it that hard to make a similar world for lvl50-80 and another for 80+ instead of that stupid tele system?

It really frustrates me see so much work wasted simply because some ppl think that fireworks and glowing items matter more than actual content and gameplay. At least servers like yours, gravity and chronicles prove that there is a quite big mir community still waiting to play a well made server.

kinda rude if you ask me...
alot of time and effort has been put into these files no matter how you look at it..

You dont just hunt kits in TGA but loot... loot meaning ways to make money .
now you may find a level 70 arm in a level 50 cave but the stats will not be the same as 70 cave dropping that item.

the fireworks and glows are to show a new player and a rare item... in what way did i say that made the game...
How about you get aqainted with the Quest log and see the Caves from another point of view..

As for the telesystem... it seems to work and go down well for others .. and i did say this will be remaped for easier options over caves.

as for the rude comments.. they were uncalled for to be fair..

Good and Evil Towns will not be scrapped... this is the whole point of the server ... two sides...

Just need to make some of the caves that are actually on the map really difficult, and in a BDD style where its full of bosses with n1 boss at end. You know, somewhere to hunt. Every single one of your caves i could run from start to finish without getting hit if i wanted. Thats not fun. May aswell have caves 1 room size of book shop with boss inside.

few mobs may need adjustments.. as for just adding caves to maps, would take some time to make via mapmaker , patcher ect..
i dont get why the teleports are so hard to grasp..

kill a boss get a scroll... Sell or Hunt

ill talk with lifco on this ...

---------- Post Merged on 20-10-2014 at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 19-10-2014 at 11:50 PM ----------

im going to rework on all the monster drop files..

and ensure that all the items from higher levels of 5-10 dont drop

meaning :

Level 50 Caves dropping items for 70
or
Level 70 Caves dropping items for 90

this will change too

Level 50 Caves will drop items for level 50 and some level 60 items
and
level 60 Caves will drop items for level 60 and some also will drop for level 70 caves

it seems to me that the way we had the drop system in mind.. didnt play out too well...
therefor feel to change them up ..

This will take me sometime.. as there is over 2k mobs ..

i will post back updates

Last edited:

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
I beg you please take that gay myst effect away from Home town.. Looks ****ing awful and makes me lag a little

Status
Not open for further replies.