-The Cronicles Of Spellborn-

Join Discord

Noir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 5, 2008
Tundra
Just thought i'd let the lomcn community know about this game its worth a look for the environment alone. Also has a new pvp/pve system for rpgmmo's you have to aim and dodge add's a new skill element to gaming that i love atm..

Theres a USA/Uk version ran by Acclaim and a Europe version ran by Frogster (i have no idea why UK werent counted as Europe lol) anyway pick the acclaim version it has more players and more community events and stuff.

Webiste:
UK/USA: http://spellborn.acclaim.com/
Europe: https://eu-players.tcos.com/
Class's: http://spellborn.wikia.com/wiki/Understanding_the_Classes
Videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWwnNXYGDJk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zayiqOX_5I watch these videos for a insight into the environment!!!

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I was going to try this when i saw it on mmosite, said it was F2P on there so i thought il give a test but on the website someone said it was P2P, so fooked it off, downloaded the huge client as well then found out pfft.

Noir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 5, 2008
Tundra
ye its p2p just like wow and almost all offical games.. ither that or item mall and tbh i'm prefering monthly small fee's instead item mall where you pay more in the long run.. or even a private server of some mmo that has donations to gain advantages over others.. if money is your problem then i doubt you will find a game thats worth playing. . . download is slightly longer than others but its worth it, a longer download for more of a game ;] Its free to play untill lvl 7 for anyone who wants to try it.

Last edited:

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
acclaim have a knack for banning certain countries...lets hope they dont do it to this....if they havent already

Noir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 5, 2008
Tundra
I've only ever heard of one banned country ip's (Vietnam) and that was on 9dragons game was still very popular.. if they have done any others there is normally a simple reason, not a mistake.. As far as online gameing running/providing bussiness's go Acclaim are one of the best ive only ever played 9dragons but they do loads of games all still running now, thats enough for me tbh..
Anyway with this game its only for UK/USA so if your from there you wont have any trouble, if not then go to Europe version ran by frogster ;]

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
I've only ever heard of one banned country ip's (Vietnam) and that was on 9dragons game was still very popular.. if they have done any others there is normally a simple reason, not a mistake.. As far as online gameing running/providing bussiness's go Acclaim are one of the best ive only ever played 9dragons but they do loads of games all still running now, thats enough for me tbh..
Anyway with this game its only for UK/USA so if your from there you wont have any trouble, if not then go to Europe version ran by frogster ;]

im from uk and 2moons, 9dragons refused me access i spoke to the support they said k was banned because of some law i cannot remember what it was though, so i might have to check this out....i have to venture away from mir because for some reason i lag like hell on it but i am fine on more recent mmorpgs..maybe my modern card doesnt work well with mir...anyways ill have a look at this.

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
Played both very recently from the uk with no problem although never could stand 2moons for long

must of removed the ban then. i admit i havent tried playing them for quite a while must be over a year ago..

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
well this sucks dont know exactly whats wrong, when i launch it and try to login it just hangs when i enter details, have to manually close program and it then makes my browsers not connect to anything, if ii restart pc its fine..soon as i launch spellborn it happens over again.

Noir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 5, 2008
Tundra
Could be a resolution issue, you can change that if it is in one of the files, go onto Acclaims fourm its on there how to do it, i know because my BF's computer had some trouble playing it my Sony Vaio laptop handles it perfectly thou..

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
ye its p2p just like wow and almost all offical games.. ither that or item mall and tbh i'm prefering monthly small fee's instead item mall where you pay more in the long run.. or even a private server of some mmo that has donations to gain advantages over others.. if money is your problem then i doubt you will find a game thats worth playing. . . download is slightly longer than others but its worth it, a longer download for more of a game ;] Its free to play untill lvl 7 for anyone who wants to try it.

Yeah am looking for a P2P Game, just wondering if this one is worth it, i hear the pvp is really bad in this game tho, graphics are pretty nice tho, i may pay a month and play to see what it's like.

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
Could be a resolution issue, you can change that if it is in one of the files, go onto Acclaims fourm its on there how to do it, i know because my BF's computer had some trouble playing it my Sony Vaio laptop handles it perfectly thou..

its not in fullscreen on launch doesnt look like its 1024/768 either and thats what i use but no way of changing it, ill see if theres a ini file i can edit.

Noir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 5, 2008
Tundra
its not in fullscreen on launch doesnt look like its 1024/768 either and thats what i use but no way of changing it, ill see if theres a ini file i can edit.

Somewhere in etc/sb_client.ini. afew others have had the same problem, my bf will need to buy a new pc to play spellborn lol!

Sanity the pvp is very advanced its easy to learn but really hard to master if you want a challange play this.. Unlike Wow for example which is aimed at a larger player base thus easier to play, Spellborn is directed at gamers with skill.

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
see i love pvp in a game thats one of the main aspects for me because i hate constant raiding, is the pvp in this game for all levels or is it like you can only do it at higher levels, cause i might invest in a bit of play in this.

Also what would you say is best class for pvp'ing and why?

also ive seen a few videos on dodging, but they are done with mobs only, does dodging work the same in pvp??

Last edited:

Noir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 5, 2008
Tundra
see i love pvp in a game thats one of the main aspects for me because i hate constant raiding, is the pvp in this game for all levels or is it like you can only do it at higher levels, cause i might invest in a bit of play in this.

Also what would you say is best class for pvp'ing and why?

also ive seen a few videos on dodging, but they are done with mobs only, does dodging work the same in pvp??

Sorry i took awhile to reply.

Ok yes you can pvp at any lvl on the pvp server, you need to get out of the first 2 maps which can be done in 2 nights easy. although there is an area in the 2 map that you can pvp on but its only a small area, but saying that i was there pvping for 2 hours at lvl 9 good fun ;].. ingame they have 5 house's, house's are kind of like guilds but not really, anyway you can have guilds of any houses but ppl tend to say this is a certain house guild only.. House's are: Shroud, Silver, Torque, Rune and Maul. in most maps ingame pvp is house decided, which means you can pvp anyone expect your own house.. Geting into a house is very simple at lvl 9 you do 2/3 easy chain quests and your in..

ok small class info for you:
Warrior:
Adept: great pvp and solo 1v1 very good, mass pvp lacking..
Wrathguard: 1v1 average but has the highest damage class with great aoe attacks, owns all mass pvp... p.s this is my class and is really good fun lure killing.Good in Groups.
BloodWarrior: TANK, hard to kill, has alot of resistants, ive heard they can pvp but its proberbly a long battle.group based

Mage:
RuneMage: Like the Wrathguard awsome lure killing power, and great in mass pvp, 1v1 not so good but has some heals so some think its best.

VoidSeer: Debuffer, nice heals kinda like a healer, proberbly not the best pvp char but they can still pvp.Group based char. this char really depends on you.

AncestralMage: Has pet summons, nice heals good for solo play, 1v1 good.

Rogue:
DeathHand: ive heard this class isnt very good and alot of ppl leave it at lvl20 but thats all i know im afraid.

Trickster: best pvp rogue class, has some nice attacks, 1v1 only though very good(maybe best 1v1)..

Skinshifter: pve best char ingame they say, i dont see how tbh, can change its different forms, not good at pvp. i think worst pvp class.

Does dodgeing work in pvp, if you dont you will die very quick, when you start playing practise for when you need it, seems hard at first but if you keep trying you see how to do it ;], pertend you are trying to trick the mob like a person it works go one way a touch then slam it the other and you behind the mob lol and it cant hit you, good fun ;]