The End?

smoochy boys on tour

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
~Webby~ said:
most ppl now adays dont know how to block stuff etc most are n00b hosts.

/fubu

lmao lmao mr know it all yet ur server goes down in seconds, why havent u "blocked" Pana's IP then and stopped the flood attacks?

does my server look like it is down
I have blocked the Ip and stoped the attacks
i would think before you start posting

BH

~Webby~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 6, 2004
Manchester
Babyhack said:

BH

lmao u cant block there IP's u fool they put servers down in seconds u think they are stupid? haha :doggy: even blocking there IP on ur firewall does not work

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
~Webby~ said:
lmao u cant block there IP's u fool they put servers down in seconds u think they are stupid? haha :doggy: even blocking there IP on ur firewall does not work

LMAO if i was you i would just stop now cause you are making a fool of yourself

If you knew anything about networking and hosting you would know that if you have the right setup and kit then you can stop the type of Ddosing that is being used to take down mir servers

These Ddos attacks a small scale attacks from 1 or 2 pcs in a net cafe and can be easy stop as i have proved in the past and am still proving now

there are many nice routers out there that have built in Ddos protection and as the hosting company the DS server is hosted at is one of the best in the world they have Ddos protection on all there machines all which are protected my a firewall which the attacks have not been able to pass as of yet

It is quite easy to tell a firewall the block an IP range and to not let anything from the range to get through to the machine which in turn makes the attack useless

The attack cannot use up any upload/download on a machine unless it gets to the machine and if blocked by the firewall in the right way then the attack will never make it to the machine to do any damage

so again if i was you i would just stop posting now as you have no idea what you are talking about

BH

Last edited:

CripplePatrol

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 23, 2003
There is a lot of hardware out on the market that stops dossers at the network layer level. Most Cisco kit today comes with Anti Doss support, which you can set to any level you want. For example. 100 Incoming connections detected within 1min = BAN

If you where unable to stop dossers don’t you think we would see dosing more wide spread and more often? Maybe if people spent the money on proper kit rather than the 20 Quid hardware job off ebuyer or the crap windows firewall people would see better results.

By the way this is not CP, just using hit account to post.

Bio

Fellony

Babyhack said:

BH

tbh i dont know y u bother with that server...i have NEVER seen it have more than 2 ppl online, and normally it has 0 player

TheBoss

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Middlesbrough
Fellony said:
tbh i dont know y u bother with that server...i have NEVER seen it have more than 2 ppl online, and normally it has 0 player

becoz its in BETA u fking tard ffs BH has told ppl 100 times its in BETA!!, watch wen the server is up proper ;)

~Webby~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 6, 2004
Manchester
i did watch DevilSoul never had more than 5 on, must of bin am amazing server with such amazing rivalary.

/fubu

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
Babyhack said:
you are safe for now Milo is asleep

this is a long shot but is leos server count working ok
as my sig is working fine but the server count is not picking up DS at all
i dont think it is leos end and i dont think it is someone ddosing ever server

SC is just fine ^^, DS lost its space cos it didn't respond at all on the 8PM (9/5/2005) check. I'm told this is when yous were updating the m2. It got its space back at 1.30AM the following morning (40mins ago) tho :).

The serverlist is updated at certain times in the day, you fail to respond during one of those times and you fall off until the next check ;), nothing to do with whether the images work or not.

/Leo

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
Leo has all the answers. ^^

And yes - Mir is dead. It's been dead. People get exicted when the user count of a server goes past 2. Back in my day - good servers had a solid user count of 50-60+. Which was awsome. Good times.....good times.....

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Theese DDoS'ers should seriously be killed IRL.

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
~Webby~ said:
i did watch DevilSoul never had more than 5 on, must of bin am amazing server with such amazing rivalary.

/fubu

If DS was not online you would not have ANY of the M2servers that you have now

Myself and Milo use DS to test all the new stuff he finds and then he releases it here

the server is in beta as i am building on it its not fully open to the public and there has been no server add for it (hance way the lack of players)

when server goes live i dont care if there a 5 or 50 players on it
DS and everything i have learned from my host and from the files and my time working on them and from some of the people here i will carry with me for the rest of my life

as i have said before DS is a hobby something i work on in my spare time

Leo I was not saying anything about the server count (i love the thing)

again I will say to you if you dont know what you are talking about then dont make a fool of yourself by posting

BH

~Webby~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 6, 2004
Manchester
Biohazard said:
Leo has all the answers. ^^

And yes - Mir is dead. It's been dead. People get exicted when the user count of a server goes past 2. Back in my day - good servers had a solid user count of 50-60+. Which was awsome. Good times.....good times.....

Remember when weown had 100+ now that was good times, like 20 mafia against rest of server n we owned it. :bthrust:

/Webby

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
Babyhack said:
Leo I was not saying anything about the server count (i love the thing)

Yes u did, you stated that you were wondering if it was ok, then said that DS didn't appear. So I cured your curiousty and told ya why lol. You make it sound like I've gave you a thousand verbal slaps... I'm not that mean.

/Leo