The Primordials Rise [C# Mir2]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sodslaw

Ol' Phart
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2010
Suffolk
thank you hope we won’t wait for too long, lot of ppl quitting from apocalypse and waiting for something new to come out

---------- Post Merged on 28-12-2018 at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 27-12-2018 at 03:58 PM ----------

so when the server goes live do we have to download another client if some ppl already have the beta client

mmm

Think that if you've already downloaded client and played. Then all is needed is small patch to complete.

( shivers with anticipation ):welcoming:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Sorry been a bit quiet on here for updates (been updating discord) here are some of the changes/additions since beta:

- Level0-30 skill will now be granted on level up
- Skills now require considerably more exp to level up
- Skill books now can be used to have a chance to instantly level your skill to the next level
- New Rarities added to items to better distinguish their 'true' rarity
- Awakening enabled on the above rarities
- Craft Inventory created (so your crafting materials / awakening materials will go straight here)
- Enhanced the "fishing" experience
- Added in a Hunter's Lodge (an area where you accept bounties- currently 15)
- Hunter's lodge also has NPCs that only appear on certain days (quest givers, crafters, merchants etc)
- Added in additional quests to ease you into fishing, mining and some general quests
- TMs and JunkRats added to all province SafeZones
- Locations (local quick travel) has been added to all provinces
- Added in various fixes to the client and added a lot of new things (such as tiles, sounds etc to client)
- Warriors have 2 low level skills (both passive) "Aegis" and "Bulwark" - Hmoon is now level 22 - they will be getting a low level 'active' spell also.

There are other things but these are some notable mentions.

holo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2014
Sorry been a bit quiet on here for updates (been updating discord) here are some of the changes/additions since beta:

- Level0-30 skill will now be granted on level up
- Skills now require considerably more exp to level up
- Skill books now can be used to have a chance to instantly level your skill to the next level
- New Rarities added to items to better distinguish their 'true' rarity
- Awakening enabled on the above rarities
- Craft Inventory created (so your crafting materials / awakening materials will go straight here)
- Enhanced the "fishing" experience
- Added in a Hunter's Lodge (an area where you accept bounties- currently 15)
- Hunter's lodge also has NPCs that only appear on certain days (quest givers, crafters, merchants etc)
- Added in additional quests to ease you into fishing, mining and some general quests
- TMs and JunkRats added to all province SafeZones
- Locations (local quick travel) has been added to all provinces
- Added in various fixes to the client and added a lot of new things (such as tiles, sounds etc to client)
- Warriors have 2 low level skills (both passive) "Aegis" and "Bulwark" - Hmoon is now level 22 - they will be getting a low level 'active' spell also.

There are other things but these are some notable mentions.

Awesome @ skills. Still think all skills should be granted once you hit that level, just be so weak they are barely usable. Sort of like a taster to get the player to really want to level them, like how mobile games give a little bit of power for free to psychologically make the player want to play more/spend more to unlock the full version. Nothing worse than getting to say 35, going to buy shinsu/FS/IS, only to find it's selling for millions and you have 50k to your name. It's totally anticlimactic. Getting it at 35, showing off even though it's functionally worse than what you have, and then saving like crazy to get the "full" version would be my preference. Just make getting 0 - 1 take like 1mil exp so people don't try brute force it. The fact that it's going to take multiple books to get to lvl3 (or an increased time spamming the skill) should counteract giving away the skills anyway.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
@holo I will have a look and consider this, would like peoples opinions on it to be honest.
0-30 are as the above but 30+ will need to be looked into and see what I can do

Also:

We have added a few additional things:
New Login Screen
New Char Select Screen
New "Night" Light system

Char Select (Animated)
yrH7TPw.png

Login Gate(Animated)
uKXhFSu.png

New "Night Time"
qf23mdu.png

holo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2014
@holo I will have a look and consider this, would like peoples opinions on it to be honest.
0-30 are as the above but 30+ will need to be looked into and see what I can do

I suppose the best way would be to wait for release, then see how people react to the auto learning skills and book system. If it "feels" right to the user base, then make a decision on increasing it to over 30 based on that real world data, if it doesn't then you can go back to old system for 30+.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Update:
Updated most of the Windows (Trade box / Mail / Guild / Group etc)
Done the first round of additions to hopefully make playing the game feel a little more fluid
Fixed some issues with the new Craft Inventory tab
Changed BDD so all Bosses now have separate spawn times (so all 5 IWTs don't necessarily spawn at the same time)
Added in various small content (quests mobs etc)

Still TBC, we need to come to an agreed date as some want it released earlier than others :P

holo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2014
Still TBC, we need to come to an agreed date as some want it released earlier than others :P

Do you have a list of things left to add before it's ready to release? With a general timeframe of how long each will take to complete? That should give you a rough idea of how long it will be until release. You just need to cement in that current feature list and avoid adding to it, it's very easy to keep adding to a feature list and delaying a release (ideas are far easier and quicker to come up with than implementing them!). It happens with every project if the manager doesn't actively stop feature bloat.

Personally, I'd say get all the necessary features in, release, plan a monthly update schedule to add in nice to have features. I know the temptation is to add as much as possible to release to have a strong start, but there is an argument toward patches being just as important. Nothing makes players return to a game as much as a patch does. Holding back updates for a big patch is very important imo. A constant stream of new content keeps a game feeling fresh and interesting. Adding everything in at the start can be as mistake. This is why WoW releases raids weeks/months after a content patch, and staggers the bosses too. I've personally toyed with the idea of starting a server with only Bichon accessible, and releasing the other areas in stages for this reason.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
To be honest a very valid point, I can get where I am like "ooo this would be nice" and keep doing that over and over, some stuff would be nice but none of it necessary.

The main 'priority' things that are left are:

>Implement the remaining parts of the GUI (Main Diag / NPC Diag and Quest Diag) - not sure on time-frame as IDK how long it will take me but shouldn't be too long.
>Finish off the remaining parts of the Craft Inventory I have added
>Fix some more spawn errors (1 hour tops)
>Cull down the client size (remove a lot of the currently, unused bloat)
>Add in Glacial Valley (5 mins) / (30 mins for NPC etc)
>Some Final testing (such as making sure map movements work after changes etc) - a good few hours work
>Add in more and test Challenge quest chain (couple hours)
+ whatever Premus wants to do prior to launch

Things I now realize I probably should just do 'post' launch.
>Implement the new spells in game (they aren't low level and can wait for patches)
>Add in content for the planned patches

All in all, a couple of days good graft I could probably be done to be honest

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
To be honest a very valid point, I can get where I am like "ooo this would be nice" and keep doing that over and over, some stuff would be nice but none of it necessary.

>Implement the remaining parts of the GUI (Main Diag / NPC Diag and Quest Diag) - not sure on time-frame as IDK how long it will take me but shouldn't be too long.
>Some Final testing (such as making sure map movements work after changes etc) - a good few hours work

>Implement the new spells in game (they aren't low level and can wait for patches)

WHAT?!?!?!

Who the **** cares about some quest dialog...no one will read them, wasting time on useless crap that no one cares or wants is the best use of time ?No offence but I've been playing wow for the past 11 years and even there its like 10 in 1 milion people that read the quest dialog and the story. So lets say you have 100 people active...I doubt it will be more than 1 that will read those, so putting time and effort in something useless doesn't seem worth it, in my opinion.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
WHAT?!?!?!

Who the **** cares about some quest dialog...no one will read them, wasting time on useless crap that no one cares or wants is the best use of time ?No offence but I've been playing wow for the past 11 years and even there its like 10 in 1 milion people that read the quest dialog and the story. So lets say you have 100 people active...I doubt it will be more than 1 that will read those, so putting time and effort in something useless doesn't seem worth it, in my opinion.

Its the actual window graphic not the dialog itself...

So the Interface for it (so it goes with the rest of the new interfaces I have added) ^.^

holo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2014

Thanks, that seems fairly reasonable. Don't worry too much about client size, just release it onto the patcher a day or two before release and we'll not care much about size. You can always reduce it post release so future players don't need to download as much.

Remember some final testing can be done by us if it's not vital to launch. Better to harness 100s of players testing than trying to do it all yourself. As long as the low level stuff works it doesn't matter too much, high levels tend to be invested enough into the game that a map transition not working right isn't going to make them quit. You just need to make sure they are actively reporting them bugs.

RE: glacial valley, is it something than needs to be in at launch? Or can you not build up some hype about it post launch, when the player base is near the level that it's made for. Yes it would be quick to add now, but releasing it at launch when no one can use it created no momentum. Releasing it when people can actually be excited about it adds hype. Creating a flow of content. Again, take WoW for example, they often have more content to games than they release at patch launch because it just gets lost in the background noise of general hype. Trickle feeding content keeps gamers playing longer because they have an actual reason to return.

Malski

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 10, 2014
WHAT?!?!?!

I do.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
WHAT?!?!?!

Pretty sure he meant the dialog window for those UI elements, not the storyline itself ...

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
All looking good...

you and holos posts have confused me regards to the skill levelling...are you saying you've heavily increased the amount of casts needed to level each skill BUT put in a chance of instant level the skill with another book?
If so, why to either of these? Lol seems very unnecessary and slightly puts me off =[ it was fine how it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.