The World after Tomorrow server (tentative title)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

captsummers

LOMCN n00bie
Dec 29, 2007
After many years of silence, the world has changed, the once powerfull tribes of warriors, wizards and tao's
are a long and forgotten thing of the past. Evil monsters where vanquished and the Ruler of mir was killed
leaving years of prosperity and peace for all the people of Mir to enjoy.
After a while a new king was appointed to rule amongst them all, he was the kin of the worlds most reknown warrior
and lead with pride and might, the world rejoyced and happiness was blooming across the land like the morning sunrise
lights the sky.
After a few eons, there was a change in the world, people started to commit crimes, new penal system had to be implimented
for the first time in 2,500 years. After an attempt on the life of the royal family, the king of the age wen't into hiding
and wasn't heard from for years. Rumours spread the king was currupted, living life in a lavish way using the nations
gold for his own gain.
After 12 years the landscape suddenly began to change, mountains moves, volcanos errupted, tsunami's raged the sea side,
the once prosperous land had been ravished within a day, destroying almost everything. The only standing part of the
civilisation was the castle the king has resided in, which was now constantly circled by a black cloud and a sense of doom
lingering constantly.
People wished that there would be some reprisal, maybe some element of the great heroes of the past to come and
save the land and undue what evil has happened. Maybe this is your quest.
Travel back in time to bichon, or in the future to Horridon, trying to undue the evils and gather the elements in an ambitious
journey to learn the skills of the anchients to save the world from the evil coming from the Citadil castle.
^^
Just a taste of the story line behind a server me and MutantLX are currently working on.

a Few features we are going to implement:
----
Experience - 3x compared to Mir usual rates
Maps - Entirely new hunting area's with story lines and quests linking them together, past maps from Mir3 game itself aswell
as new 'future' maps.
Monsters - Entirely new database creating new monsters themselves, new caves and new combining sets of mobs for
use in new caves. Also old monsters for past and even more new monsters for future caves.
Quests - We are aiming to have the entire game based behind a story line, following the quests will lead to benefits.
As well as subquests and an unique class selection quest, which will give you your class so you have to earn it rather than choose
it. (obviously hints will be given so you can work towards the class you want to use!)
Items - Again completely redone database, new stats new names new requirements ect, nothing except the ancient weapons
of mir will be reused! :)

Hierachy system - Work your way up to being the King of Mir, achieved by defeating the bosses of the world, and completing
the required quests for it! Once a king is appointed you have to do the quests and challenge the king, if the challenge isnt
accepted within 3 days (pvp) then the new king is appointed.
fortnightly Events - Fight the waves and hordes of evil minions in defence of the Jungar outpost, survivors will be rewarded
with a prize, be it an item, stat increase, ect. Decided by the GM at the time and will be done on a fair basis (no +15 stats or ultra
rare items! lol)
++ Much much more!
----
ETA - No ETA atm but we will update as we develop!
---
Questions - Please post here :)

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
After many years of silence, the world has changed, the once powerfull tribes of warriors, wizards and tao's
are a long and forgotten thing of the past. Evil monsters where vanquished and the Ruler of mir was killed
leaving years of prosperity and peace for all the people of Mir to enjoy.
After a while a new king was appointed to rule amongst them all, he was the kin of the worlds most reknown warrior
and lead with pride and might, the world rejoyced and happiness was blooming across the land like the morning sunrise
lights the sky.
After a few eons, there was a change in the world, people started to commit crimes, new penal system had to be implimented
for the first time in 2,500 years. After an attempt on the life of the royal family, the king of the age wen't into hiding
and wasn't heard from for years. Rumours spread the king was currupted, living life in a lavish way using the nations
gold for his own gain.
After 12 years the landscape suddenly began to change, mountains moves, volcanos errupted, tsunami's raged the sea side,
the once prosperous land had been ravished within a day, destroying almost everything. The only standing part of the
civilisation was the castle the king has resided in, which was now constantly circled by a black cloud and a sense of doom
lingering constantly.
People wished that there would be some reprisal, maybe some element of the great heroes of the past to come and
save the land and undue what evil has happened. Maybe this is your quest.
Travel back in time to bichon, or in the future to Horridon, trying to undue the evils and gather the elements in an ambitious
journey to learn the skills of the anchients to save the world from the evil coming from the Citadil castle.
^^
Just a taste of the story line behind a server me and MutantLX are currently working on.

a Few features we are going to implement:
----
Experience - 3x compared to Mir usual rates
Maps - Entirely new hunting area's with story lines and quests linking them together, past maps from Mir3 game itself aswell
as new 'future' maps.
Monsters - Entirely new database creating new monsters themselves, new caves and new combining sets of mobs for
use in new caves. Also old monsters for past and even more new monsters for future caves.
Quests - We are aiming to have the entire game based behind a story line, following the quests will lead to benefits.
As well as subquests and an unique class selection quest, which will give you your class so you have to earn it rather than choose
it. (obviously hints will be given so you can work towards the class you want to use!)
Items - Again completely redone database, new stats new names new requirements ect, nothing except the ancient weapons
of mir will be reused! :)

Hierachy system - Work your way up to being the King of Mir, achieved by defeating the bosses of the world, and completing
the required quests for it! Once a king is appointed you have to do the quests and challenge the king, if the challenge isnt
accepted within 3 days (pvp) then the new king is appointed.
fortnightly Events - Fight the waves and hordes of evil minions in defence of the Jungar outpost, survivors will be rewarded
with a prize, be it an item, stat increase, ect. Decided by the GM at the time and will be done on a fair basis (no +15 stats or ultra
rare items! lol)
++ Much much more!
----
ETA - No ETA atm but we will update as we develop!
---
Questions - Please post here :)

Don't like.

Everything else, fine!

Good luck.

captsummers

LOMCN n00bie
Dec 29, 2007
Don't like.

Everything else, fine!

Good luck.

the 3x experience is so that hardcore levelers could level, but mainly experience will be gained through quests, through experience granted and or exp boost periods to make it up :)

Also going to include Group only quests and hunting maps, aswell as bonus system for having each class in your party :)

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
the 3x experience is so that hardcore levelers could level, but mainly experience will be gained through quests, through experience granted and or exp boost periods to make it up :)

Also going to include Group only quests and hunting maps, aswell as bonus system for having each class in your party :)

Ah right, sounds good then :bounce:.

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
too low even with the quests and group hunting....gl though.

Paine

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2004
England
personally i think there are far too many 2/3x exp server atm whats gonna make them want to leave all there hard work and come here??

the story sounds good i think i would only play if it was somethin like x6 or higher as i like to feel as though im making some progress and not havin to grind after the first 10 lvls.

gl with it ill keep an eye out for feedback etc i might just play

captsummers

LOMCN n00bie
Dec 29, 2007
thanks for the feed back, we will be looking at the exp rates, but we were thinking maybe decreasing the exp for levels, i personally hate leveling for ages and ages, but i also find it stupid having to kill 700 mobs each giving like 30k experience a piece, so maybe modify experience heavily

EG

Level 1-2 = 10 exp
2-3 - 16 exp
3-4 - 27 exp
4-5 - 55 exp
5-6 79 exp

and so on
then have mobs give 2/3 exp to start with, and obviously increases further and further depending on difficulty (not needed explained obviously :O)

We are also going to give quests a level system, so depending on difficulty the quest will display its level, eg 1-10
higher level quests only become available when you have a certain ammount of quest experience so for example it would be more beneficial to do level 10 quest for exp boost as it would maybe give you a 2.5x experience boost rather than say a level 1 quest giving a 1.2x ex boost.

feel free to make more opinions and feedback, we want to make this server something the community would like to see and play and not to limit the player base as much as possible.

Painkiller

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 11, 2006
i'd say increase the exp to around x10-15 :) and i think u'd get quite a few more players than if u made it x3

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
i'd say increase the exp to around x10-15 :) and i think u'd get quite a few more players than if u made it x3
nah i dont belive that, i think x6-x8 is the best, and if you customize the exp to get harder once you level its even better

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
Way to much to read tbh. Features only is all i need to read.

Goodluck with server and will play when its live no matter exp rates.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Why does every upcoming server ad have the same people asking for higher exp?

On Topic.. good luck with the server, if you need a hand we are always here.

/Mick

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003

/Mick

Because theres already a few low exp servers? The low exp servers that are up atm are good updated servers, really dont see the point in people openig low exp servers when theres plenty that ppl dont wish to play lol. x8-x16 is nice after spending 1-2years slaving away on official and also having a reasonable level chars on all the low exp servers around atm lol.

I have no problem with low exp but IMO we dont need anymore x2-x4 servers. We need a nice balanced x8-x16 server.....

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
I think you really cant say this is a low exp server. Yes it seems low but he is dropping the required exp to lvl to a new low. So leveling should be quicker. Just need to find a balance.

darkkiller

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 5, 2007

Because , we don't like to stay 5 hours in front of PC to get lvl 33 , and the best low rate was the Euro(Official European Server) Is my opinion.

I don't like high rates, I love x4 x6 x8 exp rate server this rates is the best for the servers. Is my opinion.

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
I think you really cant say this is a low exp server. Yes it seems low but he is dropping the required exp to lvl to a new low. So leveling should be quicker. Just need to find a balance.

Yes but he's also dropping the exp gained per mob, so in essence its still low rate. Or am i missing something?

mapadale

On Topic.. good luck with the server, if you need a hand we are always here.

/Mick
It's because people have gotten lazy and now expect every server to have the same EXP as others they have played.

Though for once I agree with Sam *COUGH* *COUGH*

There are to many servers that are good enough and have the player base to support them that are between x1 - x8, in all honesty a server should be around x8 - x16.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
You should definatly change the name.
think what people will be calling this server for short!
T.w.a .......
;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.