This Mir looks amazing!

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Sounds really good, glad there are still people pushing 'the boat out' for the Mir Fans!

If you do continue with a 3d project (whenever it may be) you will definitely need to have a post dedicated to updates etc to showcase it!

Due last events on mir3 scene, we want to show the community that we are a stable team that can provide a stable long term server.
Thats why mir3 PoB its on first of the list, but after we finish Dragon source we look forward to 3D. Its a virgin land for me as i never been involved in anything regarding 3d development :(

MoltenDrip

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2012
Colorado
@DjDarkBoyZ created a new lib viewer/editor for pak files.

At this fair moment we are focusing all our energy on the mir3 server hence we got the latest WTL format too as we pushing by december a new set of files that are fully oriented on GSP-Korean mechanics (using ASM and virtual memory) , but however if theres enough demand in the market we can start up a 3d project.

We already got a full backbone of a old 3d unreal engine server-client + sources + certificates which just needs some small adjustments for the Conquera mechancis + adaption of the source libraries.

Mir 3D dominates Mir 2 & 3. That "Euro" addiction; This is what will bring that back.

Reactions: zedina

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
3d Mir would be a massive flop.. I mean if i wanted to play a 3d game i'd just go play one of the good ones with multi million dollar companys behind them.

Could be wrong but people hate change here, were all here for a 2d game.

Reactions: Sanjian

BloodDemon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 20, 2003
Darlington, UK
@DjDarkBoyZ created a new lib viewer/editor for pak files.

At this fair moment we are focusing all our energy on the mir3 server hence we got the latest WTL format too as we pushing by december a new set of files that are fully oriented on GSP-Korean mechanics (using ASM and virtual memory) , but however if theres enough demand in the market we can start up a 3d project.

We already got a full backbone of a old 3d unreal engine server-client + sources + certificates which just needs some small adjustments for the Conquera mechancis + adaption of the source libraries.

Would DjDarkBoyZ be willing to share the pak editor with the community?

Reactions: Sanjian

MoltenDrip

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2012
Colorado
3d Mir would be a massive flop.. I mean if i wanted to play a 3d game i'd just go play one of the good ones with multi million dollar companys behind them.

Could be wrong but people hate change here, were all here for a 2d game.
If you enjoy the Stone Ages, yes, 2D is for you.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
If you enjoy the Stone Ages, yes, 2D is for you.

Let's wait and see how it goes yeah bud? The reason Mir2 / Mir3 still do so well in Asia / Small part of europe is because of nostalgia, Conquera tanked quick as **** and it's down to because 2D games like Mir are not made anymore nothing even close to it mate. That 3D Mir ****, theres 1000's of games out there much more polished which you do the exact same things on, this is why it will flop. Every time people try to adapt Mir too much people don't like it.. Look at Archon like 10+ Classes, load of unique skills never seen before but it killed the nostalgia because thats not the same content we played as kids.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
But how far can mir 3d p server go? Is there a official server still to get data from? Is the means to update ?

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
But how far can mir 3d p server go? Is there a official server still to get data from? Is the means to update ?
Not just update, but edit/manage the game itself. It was largely flawed on release.
I'd be shocked if they have an actual source capable of such things.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Having Conquera Meshes will allow us to have consistent updates until theres enough financial resources to be capable to either hire a 3d guy that can realistically rebuild/use actual meshes to improve the actual content.

From the bits i have so far Conquera is tad limited on 8 dungeons if im right + some towns.
Post automatically merged:

Would DjDarkBoyZ be willing to share the pak editor with the community?

A release cant be made right now by the ZenX Team until we put the base on our 3D project and have a stable set of files.
We aiming to have 2D Mir3 Server + 3D Mir 3 server using Conquera Meshes.

However if we find some serious team for mir2 such as Chronicles team we can forge to merge with them by providing a mir2 server too.

Kid time its over. Soon LoM will have a community/team that will provide quality long term servers.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
hmm a little dissapointed your not releasing your lib editor.

considering your server is built around a completely released source :(

BloodDemon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 20, 2003
Darlington, UK

I agree, I was going to write a post along the same lines but decided it wasn't worth it. Some people want to boast and give nothing back.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

Like all servers included Crystal, its built around a completely released source.

However with your currently coding skills i believe you can create a pak editor in no rush. Or you just simply do UI stuff? :)

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
These paks was made from the GEE Editor and you only need the password to view them. Google GEE PAK编辑 for it, i don't want to upload it as it shows as a virus.

Still interested in seeing these conquera meshes though, not been able to view them myself :rolleyes:

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
This is the Chinese GOM engine, pretty much standard for all Chinese mir servers.

The skills are not nice at all if you look at them closely they have mush mashed about 5 skill animations on top of each other.

The maps I have already got but they are a waste of time for c files without loads of work

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
You will see this winter tho.
No offense, but after years of this statement, all we got from you was a handful of FPS(?) screenshots & then Jamie's work/server.
It's hard to get interested in 'coming soon' after that.

I mainly keep coming back here to see how people are getting on with their development progress. i.e The posts that are continuously updated.

Reactions: Piff1 and Emzie