Thoughts on spell cast requirement?

Join Discord

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
So what do people think about having a system where all classes must use some kind of rune / amulet for casting a spell (not all spells, but those that are in need of them to stop the over spam / use of spells), make people consider what they cast / when they cast it. Most of the basic runes would be found in a shop but some must be found off bosses or crafted to make them rare and valuable when casting.

I'm not saying this will be in any server but just a thought for the future, it just came to mind last night and wanted to see if anyone else likes this idea? Brings a new system and currency into the game.

(pc) = (per cast)

E.g. Fireball = 1Fire + 2Air (pc)
E.g. Repulsion = 4Air (pc)
E.g. EShock = 2Mind (pc)
E.g. TurnUndead = 2Death (pc)
E.g. Vampirism = 3Blood (pc)

E.g. Entrapment = 3Air (pc)
E.g. FlameSword = 2Lava + 1Air (pc)

E.g. FireBurst = 5 Fire (pc)
E.g. HeavenlySword = 1Fire + 1Lava + 1Soul (pc)

In addition to this, weapons that represent a rune type such as LavaStaff or BlazingSword, they will create an infinite amount of that rune meaning you can cast a spell without that rune in your bag. (under the weapon it will display a picture of the rune and say "x infinite" or say "Lava x infinite" etc.

Dust_rune.png

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Interesting idea, would make gold useful and like you've already said would reduce spamming spells

Merc_Draven

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 19, 2013
This method I think could work if everyone started off as universal naked man/woman and could create thier own class by combining/using runes to have a mixture of crazy moves - Hybrid class so too speak. It would change Mir totally... but trying to add this to the class structure that mir has now, would just restrict wizzards and taos as they have all the moves! Warriors be like I have Tdb and Flame sword! :p

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
This method I think could work if everyone started off as universal naked man/woman and could create thier own class by combining/using runes to have a mixture of crazy moves - Hybrid class so too speak. It would change Mir totally... but trying to add this to the class structure that mir has now, would just restrict wizzards and taos as they have all the moves! Warriors be like I have Tdb and Flame sword! :p
Taos already have amulets, was thinking of introducing the mir3 talismans with different elements for different things like LightningAmulet - LightningDeva, FireAmulet - FireDeva etc.

The idea of the runes was just to make people have that kind of restriction tao's have by implement it into spells as well stopping the reckless use of spells because at the moment players just spam firewall, tdb, flamesword etc willy nilly. If the runes were implemented they would need to think about wasting their runes because runes will cost money and also bag space (which is another considering factor).

Merc_Draven

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 19, 2013
Aright I get ya! I was thinking something different lol, like items had slots and you could use any runes in them to use all the different spells haha. OP but would be interesting but aye I understand where your getting at. makes sense like, OP moves would be controlled and not over used, a lot of thinking and preparation would be needed before fighting a difficult boss etc. cool idea mate. I'm guessing this idea is from Rune scape ?

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Yeah the image skins and idea is evolved around runescape, came to my head last night when a friend was talking about his 99 smithing lol
Anyhow, I think it would be easy to implement into the new C# server files due to the current coding of amulet being evolved around how i would work. Not going to implement it yet, just wanted other peoples view. Also there is still bits and bob going on in C# and means I would need to keep copying over ccode.