Top Films.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Give us a list of your top films (a number between 5-10 we'll say).
Try and get at least one old and one new one in there, and say why you picked them. It might lead others to download/view these films and share in your delight!?

I'm going to give mine some thought so wont post just yet. As there are many candidates.

/Gand

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
im always terrible at remembering my favourites.

karate kid (just plain awsome)
top gun
accepted
ninja turtles
oceans (11,12 and 13)

just a few of my favourites off the top of my head. as theres so many oldies i love.

Nozomi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2007
South East, UK
Cabinet of Dr Calagari - my old one on the list. Just amazing its inspired so many films, Tim Burtons films definitely have taken from the set design. I think the fact its really old makes it more appealing too.

Un chien andalou - A dali film. (anyone guess I'm an art fan?) Surrealism in film at its best. If you can deal with black and white silent films then this is for you.

The Godfather - Doesn't need explaining.

Alice in Wonderland - I know its an animation but for its age its very well done. As a kid I just thought it was a bit fun, but now I understand it and its connection to drugs.

Saw - The effects in these films are amazing and a little disturbing at how real some of them seem. I like being made to feel uneasy and this definitely does it.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Stand By Me - Loved since I was a child
Goonies - Ditto
Alpha Dog - Originally watch as Jt stared in it. Ended up doing alot of research into the "Jesse James Hollywood" Crime.
Black Snake Moan - Same as Above - But is really touching and deep
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Original) - Sister made me watch when I was like five... Loved it ever since
Green Mile - One word... This film is amazing.

Last edited:

Follower

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 2, 2005
Australia
Big Trouble In Little China - 1
Tango and Cash - 2
Man on Fire - 3
Braveheart - 4
Snatch and Lock Stock = joint 5th

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Scarface
Goodfellas
Fast And Furious Tokyo Drift
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Dangerous Minds

I can't think of a new film which is that good tbh.

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
Got a few of my favorite films, not in any order as they're all amazing:

Tae Guk Gi - The Brotherhood of War (2004): It's a South Korean film about two brothers fighting in the Korean War in 1950. Great action and story, one of my favorite films of all time I think.

Requiem for a Dream (2000): A film about the effects of drugs and the different reasons people start taking them. This film focuses on four different people that become addicted to drugs for different reasons and shows how their lives fall apart. Very good film, shot brilliantly.

The Prestige (2006): Set at the end of the Nineteenth Century in London this film is based on the highly popular magician acts of the time. A fierce rivalry between two magicians develops over the film which leads them to some extreme measures to ensure they have the best act around.

Che - Part 2 (2008): Film about the Argentinean Revolutionary Ernesto 'Che' Guevara. Might not be 100% factually correct, but is defiantly worth a watch as it's a very interesting subject.

Criminal (2004): Classic Las Vegas con film. Might not be for everybody as the progression of the film is quite slow, but I found it very good. Plus it's got Maggie Gyllenhaal in it, and that always makes for easy watching! :P

Probably forgot some as I can never remember all the films I love, but those are as good as any. :)

p

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Silence of the lambs - Just a truely great film. Red Dragon was good too.

Fast & Furious (1st one) - Loved this film. Mainly become of my obsession with cars.

Toy Story - What a film. Its that good, its probably the only "animated" film my step dad has watched and liked.

Monty Python - Life of brian... THE funniest film ever. So funny I still laugh no matter how many times i watch it. "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"

Green Mile - probably the only film that choked me up.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
Donnie Darko - just plain love it, and it gets me interested every time i watch it. good soundtrack as well.
Top Gun/Hot Shots (& part duex) (XD) - topgun is quality and hot shots just makes me die
Stand By Me - personal reasons
Thelma & Louise - lol probably not exactly a favourite film but since i was about 16 I always used to answer "what's your favourite film?" with this one, for no real reason... i even ended up doing a media studies project on it lmao
Cruel Intentions 1 & 2 - GREAT :O
Y Tu Mama Tambien - randomly first saw this at about 3am on a weeknight...probably wasn't that good but had some good scenes.

too many to list really..

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Donnie Darko - just plain love it, and it gets me interested every time i watch it. good soundtrack as well.
Top Gun/Hot Shots (& part duex) (XD) - topgun is quality and hot shots just makes me die
Stand By Me - personal reasons
Thelma & Louise - lol probably not exactly a favourite film but since i was about 16 I always used to answer "what's your favourite film?" with this one, for no real reason... i even ended up doing a media studies project on it lmao
Cruel Intentions 1 & 2 - GREAT :O
Y Tu Mama Tambien - randomly first saw this at about 3am on a weeknight...probably wasn't that good but had some good scenes.

too many to list really..

And did I mention, Justin Timberlake looks like that stud from cruel intentions.

Myth

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 1, 2006
Accrington
The Elephant Man - A very emotional film with superb acting from both Anthony Hopkins and John Hurt. Also the make up effects are wonderful considering when it was made. An absolute must see film, I guarantee you'll be moved by it.

The Usual Suspects - All of the actors compliment their roles perfectly, Kevin Spacey especially. Fast paced thriller thats brutal, compassionate and even comical at times. It also has one of the greatest plot twists you'll see in any film. Who is Keyser Soze?

Leon - Action packed film about a Hitman but at the center of it is a father-daughter type relationship that borders on being inappropriate. Natalie Portman and Jean Reno take the leads against a wonderfully over the top bad guy role by Gary Oldman.

Schindler's List - A film about Oskar Schindler starting a factory using jews during the war. All films of this subject matter are emotional but this one really stands out. Shocking and tearful. Liam Neeson (my condolences) is surperb accompanied by a truely hateful yet insecure performance by Ralph Fiennes.

City Of God - Another shocking film that really makes you question your own lifestyle. Based on true events of the Rio de Janeiro slums and played by amateur actors. Powerful, moving and brutal.

/Exodus

Last edited:

mapadale

Shawshank Redemption
Green Mile
Bridge over the River kwia
Great Escape
Human Traffic

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer