[King] Translating Client Pieces

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Anybody know how / where i translate the pieces shown in the prtscrs below?
> ClientSide (Wep Stats, Char Stats, Buff Text)
> Launcher
Ty
P.S. If its hex editing stuff then please can someone put links to the upto date hex editing software / maybe a guide.
Thanks agn

---------- Post Merged at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:04 AM ----------

And also anyway to translate this tool? Thanks again :p

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Stats will be client side, not sure abot buff i could be either server or client side but i would say client.

You first have to check to see if they are protected, you can use peid to find out, 99% of the time they are, the client exe won't be but the tool and the login am gonna take a while guess and say they are, if they are you have to remove them otherwise you won't be able to translate them.

I would say the best hex editor for the job is UltraEdit, easy to use also but not easy to crack it.

Oh Peid may say the exe isn't protected but sometimes it isn't the case.

Translating things like tools i recommend using PE Resource editor, it won't pick up coded strings though but iterface words and buttons is great for.
http://www.heaventools.com/PE_Explorer_resource_editor.htm

Oh PE Resource editor is good for checking to see if a exe is packed also, just open it and it will say the exe is damaged or packed, use this method if peid fails to pick up any protection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
Just replace your character.wil, with a english client one, that should put that into context. Most of client side stuff, launcher wise, I would use PE EXPLORER AS SANITY HAS STATED.

Upvote 0

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Ok so i downloaded PEID and used it on the K3Mir3.exe and it says Nothing found*, meaning there is no protection?
Not sure how to use these programs so am a little lost :P

View attachment 13056

---------- Post Merged at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:00 AM ----------

Just replace your character.wil, with a english client one, that should put that into context. Most of client side stuff, launcher wise, I would use PE EXPLORER AS SANITY HAS STATED.

what character.wil?
you mean the "charactername".wil/.wix?
meaning "Admin.wil and .wix"?

---------- Post Merged at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:00 AM ----------

Again same with the PE? were do i look for the unpacked information or the blocked bit? Thanks
View attachment 13057

Upvote 0

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Sorry i should of gave you a direct link, you got PE Explorer, the one you need is Resource Turner
http://www.heaventools.com/resource-tuner.htm

Once installed, open a exe file you want to edit and if it has RC Data that means if has some information you can translate.
The client exe won't have RC Data because all the information is hard coded strings.
If you open a file and it says the file is damaged or packed that means it has protection on it.
Follow the screenshot to translate.
qn31cl.jpg

You have to change your Data/Time to what ever language you are trying to translate otherwise it won't show in RT.

Upvote 0

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
You won't be able to use Resource Tuner on your client exe, you have to Hex Edit that.

Only use RT on programs like toools, server gates. You might be able to use it on the login launcher, you can import and export images use RT also.
2m4ociv.jpg

Upvote 0

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
The second image is the launcher in RT.
It comes up along the top as an exe though

-> Need to hexedit the .exe or the .dll for editing client stats? o.O so confusing :/
- Also do i need to check if thats packed/ protected and how?

Upvote 0

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
The second image is the launcher in RT.
It comes up along the top as an exe though

-> Need to hexedit the .exe or the .dll for editing client stats? o.O so confusing :/
- Also do i need to check if thats packed/ protected and how?

Ignor the launcher, nothing you can do about that, looks like C++ resource file and you need PE Explorer for that and it isn't easy to do.

Am guessing the K3MIR3.exe is your main client exe, open that in a hex editor, stats and so on will be found in that or do what twist said and replace it with the English one if it's the same version.

Reactions: TheDayIDie
Upvote 0

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
Yeah, you've to hex edit K3Mir3.exe with your favorite tool (I use UltraEdit). This way you will be able to change all these stuff (Stats, buffs, etc).
If you want to translate the "cheat" window, you must unpack the DLL first (I think it was packed with AsPack, but I'm not sure). Then, with PExplorer translate the checkboxes text. Very important!! If you change captions in the DLL, you must change these captions in the EXE as well. (Imagine that there's a "link" between the DLL and the EXE and you must maintain that). Then, you'll have to repack the DLL.

If you need more help, please say me something, as I translated the old kings client ;)

Upvote 0

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Do i need to check if the exe is packed or protected too or is this just simply open with ultra edit and go through all the little pieces of text and translating to see whats what?

Upvote 0

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
haha easier said then done, loads of things here, wish i could copy and paste the chinese text to find it ^^
Anyway thanks +rep both of you

P.S. Sanity i dont think this is the same version and i'm not sure there is a K3MIr3.exe anymore, it got changed to something else

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
Hm!

Do you know how to use OllyDbg? It's a debugger. There's a tool in it (I can't remember if it's still a plugin in version 2) which allows you to search all string references in a exe. Then you can copypaste them into a txt or excel, and do your translation there.

Next step, ctrl+F for the chinese text ;)

Upvote 0

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
-_- This is so complicated, so i cant change a 2letter chinese word that translates to Magic Nature to Nature?
i have to have it as MC or MN?

---------- Post Merged at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:43 PM ----------

When i change this: 请输入要出售的数量 to Quantity, it breaks the exe?

---------- Post Merged at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:43 PM ----------

so i have to fill in the exact gap

1Chinese Symbol to Ratio of 2english characters

Any more or any less it breaks the exe -_-

Upvote 0

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
-_- This is so complicated, so i cant change a 2letter chinese word that translates to Magic Nature to Nature?
i have to have it as MC or MN?

---------- Post Merged at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:43 PM ----------

When i change this: 请输入要出售的数量 to Quantity, it breaks the exe?

---------- Post Merged at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:43 PM ----------

so i have to fill in the exact gap

1Chinese Symbol to Ratio of 2english characters

Any more or any less it breaks the exe -_-

You can do less characters but not more.

Quantity出售的数量

Should look something like this, always begin at the start of the string and NEVER copy and paste, just use spacebar to remove the rest of the Chinese characters.

Upvote 0

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
You can do less characters but not more.

Quantity出售的数量

Should look something like this, always begin at the start of the string and NEVER copy and paste, just use spacebar to remove the rest of the Chinese characters.

hmm ok thanks, hard to shorten some things but ill try

---------- Post Merged at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:01 PM ----------

How can i translate 价格 to Price? -_-
Cost maybe :/

Upvote 0

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
Usually there are \0's after the chinese letters. You can use them. As I said you, if you have 价格...AnotherString..., where '.' stands for a \0, you can change it to Price..AnotherString...

In this example, you could write another letter, but only ONE more. You must left a \0 between strings. If you don't do it, and do this: PriceeeAnotherString..., "Priceee" joins with "AnotherString", and instead of "Priceee" you'll see "PriceeeAnotherString".

Upvote 0