United or Not?

Are you united with us? (Us represents LOMCN, and the MIR comm.(excludes Wemade©)

• Yes

Votes: 56 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

michelle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
Hampshire UK
UNITED I STAND UNITED I STAND UNITED I STAND UNITED I STAND

Divided we fall

Chesnut said:
I thought Copyright was when you take there idea/game and make money from it, not having the game and letting people use it for free, thats not illegal is it?, its exactly the same as downloading a movie from the internet and having your mates around to watch it with you... so aslong as private serevrs stay free Wemade cant do anything can they,
i may be wrong so correct me if i am :P

Afraid you are wrong on both parts
1/.it doesnt matter if you are giving it free still breach of copyright.

2/.becouse you house is not open to public wen u r watchin movies uve recorded that's ok ( under uk law, in some other countries even that's not legal though people still do it an generaly there will be that many people doin it it would be near enough impossible to police)
weras most private server ip's r available for anyone on internet to connect to Ie available to the public
it would be more like comparing it to running a pirate tv station (forgetting about the communication laws u would be breaking) becouse it then available for public viewing showing movies on it would be in breach of copyright

Note this is to do with running servers not Forums
so does not apply in same way to LOMCN

:tank: :tank: :tank: WAR! WAR! WAR!

We Kicked ass in the Falklands, We Kicked ass in Afghanistan, We Kicked Ass in Iraq,
So let's Kick WEMADE'S ASS

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
michelle said:
UNITED I STAND UNITED I STAND UNITED I STAND UNITED I STAND

Divided we fall

Afraid you are wrong on both parts
1/.it doesnt matter if you are giving it free still breach of copyright.

2/.becouse you house is not open to public wen u r watchin movies uve recorded that's ok ( under uk law, in some other countries even that's not legal though people still do it an generaly there will be that many people doin it it would be near enough impossible to police)
weras most private server ip's r available for anyone on internet to connect to Ie available to the public
it would be more like comparing it to running a pirate tv station (forgetting about the communication laws u would be breaking) becouse it then available for public viewing showing movies on it would be in breach of copyright

Note this is to do with running servers not Forums
so does not apply in same way to LOMCN

We Kicked ass in the Falklands, We Kicked ass in Afghanistan, We Kicked Ass in Iraq,

i agree with ya 100% but im staying low cuz WEMADE gotz my address...>< and i live in the USA so copyright lawas are very strict >.<

michelle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
Hampshire UK
Biohazard said:
i agree with ya 100% but im staying low cuz WEMADE gotz my address...>< and i live in the USA so copyright lawas are very strict >.<

Yeh m8 I understand your dilema bein sued there can cost you big mega bucks in legal fees alone just tryin to defend yourself

Last edited:

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
its not the legal fees or how much it cotds, i can handle that, its the fact im getting sued, my parents r going to kill me

michelle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
Hampshire UK
Biohazard said:
its not the legal fees or how much it cotds, i can handle that, its the fact im getting sued, my parents r going to kill me

yes m8 the ulimate deterant "Parental Wrath"
lol

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
1) lol, ull probibly see me in the newz ><

2) WE OWN WEMADE!!!!!!!!!

LOMCN -----> :agm: :noooo2: <----- WEMADE

LOMCN -----> :2guns: :helpme: <----- WEMADE

LOMCN -----> :gunman: :no: <----- WEMADE

LMAO

michelle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
Hampshire UK
darknight said:
i'll allways be with the community but i think what yer doing is insane

ur waging a war aiganst some huge companies and we're a iny puny forum with no money or power, they havent really done nething yet but what your doing is tellin em to bring it on, this mite just piss em off rather then actually harm them in any way

I know this is not a comparison and its not meant to be:-

but just to let you know little people can win at times

were do u think Bill Gates microsoft came from!

A small company that took on big blue (IBM) to become the biggest company in the world (with that came toal power "Total power corupts totaly" look at the way Microsoft is run nowerdays they replaced one big monopoly(IBM) with there own super world wide monopoly)

Also there is more questionable origins to the start of bill
gates Microsoft becouse befor he created Microsoft he used to work fo a company called GEM,s which Developed an Icon based Windows OS before MS called GEM Windows

(Wonder if any of u remeber GEM Windows)

Funy how when MS brought out Windows 95 it reminded me of GEM Windows( although by then MS Windows 95 was far superior to GEMS with a lot more to MS AN multiple windows weras GEMS only Allowd 2 Windows but then GEMs was Developed in the early Eighties and could not compete when microsoft tied up IBM with with microsofts operating systems)

Last edited:

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
I Stand United With The Mir Community And What Has Happend To It, But Not With LOMCN.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
With u all the way!!
At times like this there is only one thing i can say :
MiG Strike Confirmed!

-Wittin

Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 22, 2003
We can do this!

" We Unite as a Family, together we can overcome this tragic time " - President Bush

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
michelle said:
Also there is more questionable origins to the start of bill
gates Microsoft becouse befor he created Microsoft he used to work fo a company called GEM,s which Developed an Icon based Windows OS before MS called GEM Windows

@Auron watched a fi;lm about M$'s startings.

They were basically a small software firm, who bought DOS from a freelance developer, and then licensed it to IBM.

One day Rank-Xerox made a icon based GUI system, and a object to move a point to manipulate it ( the first mouse in effect ).

Apple saw this idea, and make mac os from it.

Big bill saw the idea from apple, and copied it to make m$ windows.

So where m$ had a late start, and then came in as the underdog, they manipulated the situation correctly, and came out on top in the end.

Xeno

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2003
im with lomcn, im with the mir community...
just out of curiousity isnt there something we could do ? petition to make it legal as long as we arent making money out of it..... i not sure if its possible but its just a thought ?

DJ Mountain

United till death. as what the oxfam advert says "united we stand, dispite every hope"

LeoCrasher.

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 21, 2003
I go away for a few days and this starts up :mad: I will always stick with the lomcn community. Always have. Always will.

Peace
PapaRoach

Someone

English
Dedicated Member
Jul 20, 2003
Far Far Away
We
Equal
Masterbateing
Arse
Donkeying
Ethnic fools
-------------------
Laughs
Owns
Massie
Cool
-----------------
United
Navigation
In
The
Ethnic
Divistion!

Got It U Fuking Nited

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
¤]´)÷¤--§îr Äürøñ--¤÷(`[¤ said:
@Auron watched a fi;lm about M$'s startings.

They were basically a small software firm, who bought DOS from a freelance developer, and then licensed it to IBM.

One day Rank-Xerox made a icon based GUI system, and a object to move a point to manipulate it ( the first mouse in effect ).

Apple saw this idea, and make mac os from it.

Big bill saw the idea from apple, and copied it to make m$ windows.

So where m$ had a late start, and then came in as the underdog, they manipulated the situation correctly, and came out on top in the end.

silicon valley is a good movie

Status
Not open for further replies.