Update to Mir2 Advertisement Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
Due to people spamming, flaming and just being stupid I have added post moderation to the Mir 2 Advertisement Section.

When and if you post it will need approving by a member of staff before it becomes visible to other members on the forums.

Lyncus
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.

-Azura
LOMCN Admin Team

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
due to people spamming, flaming and just being stupid i have added post moderation to the mir 2 advertisement section.

when and if you post it will need approving by a member of staff before it becomes visible to other members on the forums.

-azura
lomcn admin team
exerlent idea

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
as i wrote in part2 thread it is a good idea the question is only what part of staff check it. the part of staff that is involved in other server team or other part of staf ?

Tallos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 7, 2009
I'm guessing it's not possible to have people who created the thread, able to post on it without having it validated? Just a bit of a **** if your server crashes or you have important news, but it's 5am, lol.

Will help cut down flames/spam massively though, which is good news, players will just need to keep an eye on the other Mir2 sections for mega-important news, or Heaven forbid, they actually read the server's own forums...

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
as i wrote in part2 thread it is a good idea the question is only what part of staff check it. the part of staff that is involved in other server team or other part of staf ?

thats my only worry.
I dont feel that preacher or celcius should be in any way involved on what threads should or should not be validated.
They have a clear vested interest in what would look bad for the 4heroes server and i think thats a little unfair.

To make every one happy and the rules crystal clear can those 2 be removed from the validation process of the posts

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
thats my only worry.
I dont feel that preacher or celcius should be in any way involved on what threads should or should not be validated.
They have a clear vested interest in what would look bad for the 4heroes server and i think thats a little unfair.

To make every one happy and the rules crystal clear can those 2 be removed from the validation process of the posts

Do you ever give up? Azura offers a solution and you still complain about things!

Leng

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2009
Thank god someone has balls to do something positive, thank you Azura :thumbup2:

Hopefully this will be the end of it and people can advertise fairly without any dirty tactics, and everyone get a fair crack at the whip.

The success of this idea does balance on who is going to approve the posts, the obvious choice would be someone unbiased who is not connected to any server, but I'm sure Azura has already thought of that.

A victory for common sense at last :wink:

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
lol could of saved this trouble by banning paul :P
Would have been more benefical :001_tt2:

Like ive said Paul, I can't moderate the ad sections, i'm mod of the programming section.

I think this is going to fail, theres a lack of mod activity as it is. No harm in trying I guess though.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
It will become annoying, Waiting for your post, Then waiting even longer for a response. Just make it so that the offenders have to get it verified, Not everyone else.

Leng

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2009
Would have been more benefical :001_tt2:

Like ive said Paul, I can't moderate the ad sections, i'm mod of the programming section.

I think this is going to fail, theres a lack of mod activity as it is. No harm in trying I guess though.

LoL you sound like Ben on a new server advert :001_tt2:

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
You barely find a moderator active these days. my say is recruite active mods and do it, i think it would be much better if there were active mods to approve posts.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
Hany nd Cel is right. Most of the mods fail. I say most, as a few of them do a good job... :P bit pathetic to be honest. I remember when I made this account and it took four days to activate :). Woop 4 day wait on posts.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Guess you got sick of it too then Azura? it's a nice change.

I can only see the flaw would be posting updates, however if that was the case I can't see why people wouldn't be able to update there main post with it via the edit tool, It may work better that way in fact.

Thanks for the change, it will be nice to see server threads now without going through the petty arguments between members.

/Czeldabolg

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008

You really need to let it lie. I haven't done anything to you except infract you once when you posted on a Mir 2 help thread and i quote:

OMG ben..what ya doing.....theres no personal gain attached to this post..

ok who evers using bens account please sign there name.
Bens getn brownie points off this...

come on own up

1 more infraction added to my account i no lol...

cheers

If you insist on so batently breaking the rules, and then letting on that you know you've broken the rules and expect to get infracted, you're going to get infracted. But then, when i do my job (which is essentially what your saying i fail at doing properly), you throw a hissy fit and PM me a message with such classic lines as:

lol your a friggn piss take you m8.
The fact is your the biggest corrupt fuker on here.
Anyway go **** your self and ben and enjoy www.4heroes/lomcn.com

Yea thats me.... :001_rolleyes:

Other than that, i've cleaned posts you server advert thread 3 or 4 times (Which is about as many times as i've done the Four Heros one), i've infracted 5 or so people for spamming in yours and Leng's server adverts (5 times more people that i've infracted in the Four Heros thread). I moderate the Mir 2 Section with quite a liberal approach, because lets face it, the community here at the moment is not as big as it once used to be, so most post activity is welcome in my eyes.

You really need to let this go, i'm actually starting to worry about you. This will be my last post on the matter. Your starting to scare me.

On topic: Nice idea Az. Will stop a considerable amount of the problem, but i do think that we need to make sure we don't prevent people from having their say on a server, good or bad.

p

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I sorta think the whole sections pointless now, as seein as my threads been locked theres nothing i can even do.. cant even post about update or ne thing ne more

and with it bein locked ppl probably thik its offline.. so its kinda a waste of time it even being there atm

I sorta think the whole sections pointless now, as seein as my threads been locked theres nothing i can even do.. cant even post about update or ne thing ne more

and with it bein locked ppl probably thik its offline.. so its kinda a waste of time it even being there atm
grr cant edit posts, add this to my post i aint tryin to double post just forgot something lol

edit:

i think id agree with hany... its not about lockin threads, or moderating them... as whats the difference between moderatin posts, and just lookin at spam and dealin with it? theres no difference....

should just get more active mods.. or start proper crackin down on spam

have proper rules and enforce them harshly.

so litterly the only posts ul get are 1s from server owners about updates etc... and players askin if its up/down or requestin help

Last edited by a moderator:

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
Leng is a wanna be solicitor and Paul just hates Ben + he smells. So this new approach was placed in... wtf!? is what I say!

:) remember this is an opinion on the thread. not spam or flame! (no infract me plez) ;)

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Its all well doing this but meh it has its down sides. I take it you will approve some negative feedback as if the servers rubbish then i would like to read its not very good before i started playing and wasting my time. I find it handy to read negative/constructive posts some times.

However i guess its worth a try to see if it helps lomcn gain more server ads. Without feeling its not worth posting due to the odd idiot posting spam on thier ad.

This does really defeat the whole point of the infraction system though, If theres not enough people around monitoring sections for spam to hand out infractions how an earth will you have enough people to approve each post every say couple of hours?

Last edited:

Leng

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2009
Leng is a wanna be solicitor and Paul just hates Ben + he smells. So this new approach was placed in... wtf!? is what I say!

:) remember this is an opinion on the thread. not spam or flame! (no infract me plez) ;)

You don't know anything about me pal.

There is more than Paul and myself had a say in this, there are many others agree that the old system was being abused.

This would not be the way that I would have gone about things, but I respect Azura's decision because he is the only one who has done anything about it.

Now back to playing with your Lego, and stop calling people smelly :001_tt2:

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008

i dont hate ben i just hate his actions.
This has proen to be a smal voctory for me and a welcome change that should see a massive improvment to the forums

grr cant edit posts, add this to my post i aint tryin to double post just forgot something lol

edit:

i think id agree with hany... its not about lockin threads, or moderating them... as whats the difference between moderatin posts, and just lookin at spam and dealin with it? theres no difference....

should just get more active mods.. or start proper crackin down on spam

have proper rules and enforce them harshly.

so litterly the only posts ul get are 1s from server owners about updates etc... and players askin if its up/down or requestin help

agreed 100%

Its all well doing this but meh it has its down sides. I take it you will approve some negative feedback as if the servers rubbish then i would like to read its not very good before i started playing and wasting my time. I find it handy to read negative/constructive posts some times.

However i guess its worth a try to see if it helps lomcn gain more server ads. Without feeling its not worth posting due to the odd idiot posting spam on thier ad.

This does really defeat the whole point of the infraction system though, If theres not enough people around monitoring sections for spam to hand out infractions how an earth will you have enough people to approve each post every say couple of hours?

all posts should be allowed except good and bad.
The whole idea of this was to stop the spam and the lies.
a genuine opionon of the server should be allowed.
but someone whos never loged on the game slagging it off just because of who the owner is isnt fair.
This new system will stop the threads havn to be wiped and should give a much clearer picture of every server.
Gien all new and old servers a fair shot at the same advertisng space.
Now that this change has been made i am actually thinking of reposting my adverts but i stillw ant to wait and see how it turns out and if in fact it does work as advertised,

Status
Not open for further replies.