• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
I swear some of you just love drama and have too much time. It's quite simple, LOMCN isn't a mir police. We're all adults, let them put their servers up with appropriate tags and people can make their own decisions to play them - Mir2 has been in an absolute dire state recently, I can't name a server in the last year that has sustained any significant UC over 2 months.

And in terms of chargebacks, it shouldn't be happening so stop using paypal. Elite uses a card system, Ben uses crypto. Think of another way that makes it more difficult, but TD had it bang on. Stop being so greedy and making rug pull servers. Both Ben and Dan literally put effort in for the first month, got a ton of money and gave up. If players are giving you their money, give them your time at least.

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
I swear some of you just love drama and have too much time. It's quite simple, LOMCN isn't a mir police. We're all adults, let them put their servers up with appropriate tags and people can make their own decisions to play them - Mir2 has been in an absolute dire state recently, I can't name a server in the last year that has sustained any significant UC over 2 months.

And in terms of chargebacks, it shouldn't be happening so stop using paypal. Elite uses a card system, Ben uses crypto. Think of another way that makes it more difficult, but TD had it bang on. Stop being so greedy and making rug pull servers. Both Ben and Dan literally put effort in for the first month, got a ton of money and gave up. If players are giving you their money, give them your time at least.
No good comes from showing mercy to troublemakers.

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
No good comes from showing mercy to troublemakers.
Ok

Then there will be no servers? Cause pretty much every GM bar a few have done stuff that would break any normal game rules. Unfortunately this is what it is, we need people to create servers and valk yes is a cheater and yes is corrupt (Ben etc have all sold items on servers) but his servers actual content are top tier. Plus look at the poll, LOMCN doesn't get to decide who plays the server and who doesn't. It's very clear LOMCN is irrelevant now anyways, so even if they don't let him advertise he's going to get the players, and that's the players decision.

Reactions: JohnBarny

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Sorry for going a little off topic mods just responding.

Well there defo needs to be more "filtering" made via chat room making IE you can put Jesus and all the rest of the "numpties" in a 'spam chat room' which is the default chat room and via modding place discord legit accounts (from DM'ing and interacting with a mod ingame to authenticate) in an actual "general chat" room.

Discord needs to be utilized for better connectivity and better social, to remove it is literally turning the clock back to where we were in 2001 but it mattered less back then because the game was littered with players and the hype feelings were just automatic. Connectivity is so important when a game world struggles to reach 200 or more active users.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Discord needs to be utilized for better connectivity and better social, to remove it is literally turning the clock back to where we were in 2001

I would say let’s continue this on my apparent discord clone “that doesn’t really exist” But I have it set up with limitations. Oh and I’m the only member.

AC734F10-0B6B-4307-9433-960B857EDA52.jpeg

• Haha
  • Carrot
Reactions: Vyse and Jev

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
One thing for certain is your people skills are terrible.... I hate valk big cheating clown, but I would rather play his server if he made one than ever play anything you ever played because you`re a very opiniated little want to be.
if you would rather play a server by a person who hacks other servers and cheats on his own server you deserve everything you get.
ofcourse im opinionated, its a forum for opinions.... also whats a big wannabe? if they exist i definatly want to be one of those!

my people skills are great for people who dont like cheaters, hackers or morons, unfortunatly there are very little of those around here it seems. but dont worry youre creating the downfall of LOMCN as we knew it.

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
if you would rather play a server by a person who hacks other servers and cheats on his own server you deserve everything you get.
ofcourse im opinionated, its a forum for opinions.... also whats a big wannabe? if they exist i definatly want to be one of those!

my people skills are great for people who dont like cheaters, hackers or morons, unfortunatly there are very little of those around here it seems. but dont worry youre creating the downfall of LOMCN as we knew it.

Nothing you said was really wrong here, but the principle is LOMCN don't draw any lines. Like you recalling a player cause he killed your family member in game, should that be flagged? surely Ben should be perm banned off here for stealing players items, faking UC? What about Gena who sells items on every server. All of you are allowed to advertise, so therefore valk should be too. Players can choose for themselves.

And incase you hadn't realized LOMCN is redundant and has been for some time, when they let their personal issues get involved of other people's servers. They flagged Elite, that's when you knew they were a joke lol. Just don't moderate the server advertisements.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Like you recalling a player cause he killed your family member in game, should that be flagged?
this is the problem people dont read, he broke the servers rule of purpose griefing, i dont care if people agree with my rules but they are my rules, and i should have kicked and banned him because he broke the rules.. instead i fked about with him and let him continue to play on the server.....

that kicked me in the teeth to this day and i wont make the same mistake again, next time ill ban them, but no one thinks about that, they think omg you recalled a player for killing your family member, thats NOT what happened but its an easy narrative to make me look bad

Reactions: Tai

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
this is the problem people dont read, he broke the servers rule of purpose griefing, i dont care if people agree with my rules but they are my rules, and i should have kicked and banned him because he broke the rules.. instead i fked about with him and let him continue to play on the server.....

that kicked me in the teeth to this day and i wont make the same mistake again, next time ill ban them, but no one thinks about that, they think omg you recalled a player for killing your family member, thats NOT what happened but its an easy narrative to make me look bad

It's a truthful narrative though, it's what happened. But I don't want to digress from the point of the thread, it's very clear most people agree he should be able to post it. So hopefully LOMCN stand by their own poll and we can move on from this.

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021

I trust a man who protects his family. Nobody messes with your family and lives!

• Love
Reactions: Sanjian

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
he broke the servers rule of purpose griefing

You actually enforce griefing rules on a game that has RT's and DE's?

If this is more than verbal I'm shocked your in the business of creating private servers for the fair chunk of people who exist on private servers, 50+ people from the 2 big guilds that will spawn on servers generally have very toughened and/or stubborn attitudes and will not care for such measures. Unless you have a fetish of wanting to control "toxic" players, "I enjoy making a better place" that is outside of game mechanics or content.

To keep it on topic, badges of shame such as "cheating" (vague and complex term so far...) are fairly bad/shady...but what's worse is having the badge of a boring and/or weak mentality and you should heed this advice, be open minded and don't over impose yourself because there are personal "badges/flags" that aren't seen/labelled that sting way more than you think!

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: zedina and Sanjian

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
Personally always been a fan of macroing/botting/autoplay as they are a grey area that doesn't directly hurt other players and its more of a substitute for playing yourself when you have to work etc but cheating in a way that is directly ******* over others players in PVP or even using these cheats to steal bosses from players is really shitty. What guarantees do we have that he won't give these cheats to his close friends to use on his server or that he may play the server himself and use these cheats?

I suppose you could just quit if you see these types of activities going on but it still sucks that you would of wasted your time playing to have that happen.

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Did Tim cheat? Yes
Did Tim do everything in his power to damage the server after he was banned for cheating in an act of revenge? Yes
Do i think he would do it again given the chance? Yes

This is the logic behind my No vote. I'd rather LOMCN had a handful of people that care about the game, rather than a few handfuls of people that only care about the next server

Last edited:

Ancient

LOMCN Member
May 8, 2007

As I said above. Your people skills are lacking. I can imagine you do not work with that basement entitled attitude you have. I also imagine you don`t have many real life people to talk too. This would explain your lack of communication skills. I haven`t even voted and you called me delusional. I never said I would play his server. I said I would rather play it than play one with you which is more credit to not liking you or your self-worth bullshit. Anyhow I was stating a point that for a server owner I would rather play in the cross eyed crypto market or even the lagfest server than one some little pompus prick`s liek yours :D it`s a few edited pixels from the 1900`s. End of Chat :)

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
I'd rather LOMCN had a handful of people that care about the game, rather than a few handfuls of people that only care about the next server

This is literally why there needs to be a split, you don't even realize your side is actually being the worst and you very much enjoy your closed group of "right do'ers".

Apoc was poorly done yet is swinging so heavily into this debate because some of you have morales that are absurdely "justice like" and charitable.

The only thing LOMCN is doing is serving as a reminder that LoM still has some private servers now and again but it would be massively beneficial if there were big discord communities instead or a very minimum modded forum because this has literally turned into an us and them situation. Tai, Jev, yourself and many others, you guys hate or don't enjoy most people who partake in LoM, you act as closed friend group and you treat others with differing opinions as "not in the know", regardless of many opinions stating "but I really enjoyed that server".
You guys aren't at all about discussing server strengths or weaknesses, you just discuss dev stuff or asset pulls from korea/china behind closed doors for the most part. Why don't you start looking at how you appear to people outside of your closed circle.

@Ancient Talking about people skills, you do realize that nearly all of the LOMCN staff/"faithful" cannot hack being in a public discord that isn't heavily moderated. Their conflict and banter skills are almost non existant, which says a lot about their personal capabilities.
When they say "We should have discord because it's toxic" they really mean "I don't want Discord because I'm useless at it". they cannot actually garner fun from it...but at the same time they want to be the glue of the community :kekw:

Last edited:

Helloyou

LOMCN Member
Aug 9, 2020
Mtv Lol GIF by The Charlotte Show

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
This is literally why there needs to be a split, you don't even realize your side is actually being the worst and you very much enjoy your closed group of "right do'ers".

Apoc was poorly done yet is swinging so heavily into this debate because some of you have morales that are absurdely "justice like" and charitable.

The only thing LOMCN is doing is serving as a reminder that LoM still has some private servers now and again but it would be massively beneficial if there were big discord communities instead or a very minimum modded forum because this has literally turned into an us and them situation. Tai, Jev, yourself and many others, you guys hate or don't enjoy most people who partake in LoM, you act as closed friend group and you treat others with differing opinions as "not in the know", regardless of many opinions stating "but I really enjoyed that server".
You guys aren't at all about discussing server strengths or weaknesses, you just discuss dev stuff or asset pulls from korea/china behind closed doors for the most part. Why don't you start looking at how you appear to people outside of your closed circle.

@Ancient Talking about people skills, you do realize that nearly all of the LOMCN staff/"faithful" cannot hack being in a public discord that isn't heavily moderated. Their conflict and banter skills are almost non existant, which says a lot about their personal capabilities.
When they say "We should have discord because it's toxic" they really mean "I don't want Discord because I'm useless at it". they cannot actually garner fun from it...but at the same time they want to be the glue of the community :kekw:

I kinda stopped reading your posts with any real interest after you stated stuff like "Tim distributing cheats was probably doing a service?" and "I dont care for any particular rules". Proving (at least in my eyes) you're very much one of the people who only cares for the next server, not for the game/forum as a whole.
I disagree with your idea of what LOMCN is currently, @Skyline made a good post somewhere back in the circus of replies with everything LOMCN does that you would struggle to find elsewhere, I also disagree that banning Tim from advertising will contribute anything towards the death of Mir considering most of you have agreed his server will last 3 - 6 months max, and everyone will still be able to find it through discord anyway.

Mir has been "dying" for probably 10 years or more, and will probably still be "dying" 10 years from now.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
I kinda stopped reading your posts with any real interest after you stated stuff like "Tim distributing cheats was probably doing a service?" and "I dont care for any particular rules". Proving (at least in my eyes) you're very much one of the people who only cares for the next server, not for the game/forum as a whole.

Someone bring up Apoc's serve advert thread, I'm not going to bother to find it. I'd find a wet noodle more appealing and I knew not to bother approach it at all. To say that Valk (still unproven whether he modded a client and distrubuted it) was one of the sole reasons that server went down is an absolute falacy yet here most of you are going with that notion purely because you hate Tim's guts due to, in a nutshell, he's certainly not a "lawful good" good persona.

I also disagree that banning Tim from advertising will contribute anything towards the death of Mir considering most of you have agreed his server will last 3 - 6 months max

Which will be a fabulously action packed 3-6 months (hopefully more! xD) in comparison to what you've done for the past however many years, which I would depict as something similar to Jack and Rose floating on a plank of wood in the Titanic.

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
For the record I dont dislike Tim, we have regular banter in discord PM's, and he was one of my best frenemies way back on ragezone server and more recently on Conquera, chasing eachother around the Mines depending on who had more friends with them at the time, it was great fun.

Doesn't change my opinion that the forum is better off without him

Status
Not open for further replies.