Valkyrie.

Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
There is alot of bull here. A sub section that was not being used by the owner, in which the owner was redirecting people to discord are now mad? So what was the point of the sub forum if they are not using it anyway then ? Posting patch notes? That can be done in the main thread....

Also even though Tai removed without telling the owner that his section will be removed, is not really fair, but if he was not logged in 9 days, how is he suppose to contact him ? I doubt the lomcn staff's will go to their discord and message them if they are not active here.

Tai contacted him but aparently Valk didnt respond.

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
Employ a community manager? Jesus wept, we are talking about a MIR server.... surely part of the enjoyment is interacting with a community that you’ve been part of for god knows how many years.

Cheers son's crying. Nice one.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
What a joke reply, " It was removed because the GM didn't use his section " .. So like every other ******* server owner who's had their own section. Apoc used it to post Patch notes pretty much and reply on threads. ( about 52 hours late but reply ) the exact same as what Valk has been doing.

Fishy as ****.

Time to start some conspiracies bro. I hear @Jamie paid me to do it

lol'd irl
I remember when arcadia had like 100+ uc and 95% of them were stalls and it was like that for months and months. How's that for fake uc?
At least with stalls you can see where the numbers are coming from. But with Valk you log on and just wonder where 1/4 of the population is 🤣

Valkyrie doesn't have a forum, I , through my own spare time, not part of Valk's staff, was utilizing the forum sub as an information hub for Valk's game, I have links from Discord leading to your server to threads on the sub, very useful information on the game editted well (something that Discord is unable to do). EVERY game needs a forum, discord is renowed for fast/troll posting and constructive/suggestive posts get tossed to the wind quite frequently and forums allow a lot of information and important topics to be much more of a permanent fixture.

Iceman is the ONLY person I see who has taken it upon himself to go and multiple post in one thread "blah blah go on discord, it's the best", is this really enough to warrant a suspension? a randomer that isn't part of the server team?

Lomcn is the central hub for every mir player, this can massively hurt anyone, I can't help but feel shocked by how you can easily do this, this is hurting players the most.

Also a GM needs to utlize the forum to the best of his abilities? All Jamie does is post his Patch notes, takes the feedback, makes a few posts and thats basically it, you'll see the odd reply now and again to a handful of threads but most of the time it will be giving the same answers as a frequent player of the server would. So with that said, Valk is making more effective use of his time by spending less time on the forum answering stuff that is most of the time answered by his player community and able to spend more time with ingame tinkering, you could of suggested or told him to "do a Jamie" and release a "Patch notes" thread and feedback is given there. I'm surfing through the Valk forum sub and can't see anything but Iceman's post which is basically saying..yea "get off the forum and onto discord", any randomer can go on any sub in theory and do the same.

It wasn't just IceMan there was at least 3 doing it. You probably can't find them because I started deleting them.

As for Zircon, he also had Koriban and Shane on the section so it's not really a comparison.

Other than that you've made good points.

• Wow
Reactions: zedina

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
At least with stalls you can see where the numbers are coming from. But with Valk you log on and just wonder where 1/4 of the population is 🤣

I don't know how you can joke about this, Valks server definetly has over 100+ users at peak times, how are you judging this/getting your info from? You need to check into U/C's 100% before you make a damning judgement.

All i'm curious about now is why you have deleted one out of two of the servers that don't make Mir look dead, this hurts lomcn, which means you geniunely believe Valk UC is a lie when 99% of mir players know the UC is true, why have we heard no one on the forum or discord until from your lips say "where are the users?".

Slap on the wrist to Valk by making him post patch notes as a new thread, accepting feedback and tell him to please check lomcn more in future for private messages, all that needs to happen.

Reactions: ChaseyLane

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
You need to check into U/C's 100% before you make a damning judgement.

You think I didn't? Ha. The output on port 3000 was fake, no question.

I also never said it doesn't have 100+ users

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I mean there are 2 separate parts of this from reading.

Valk server was removed from the server list as he knowingly faked his UC numbers (higher on the server list then in game).
- I remember seeing a post that Tai put saying he logged into the server and there was 20+ users fewer logged on then on the list.
- I guess if Valk used the forums, he may have seen this post and reacted to it..?

The forum was removed because instead of it bringing people to LoMCN for use of the forum etc, it was just being used as a divert to his Discord channel (and he didn't update his own sub-forum - like previously said he hadn't logged in 9 days prior to this)
- If he wants to use discord, he can create multiple channels and make people like WelshSteel the only ones who can edit it with useful information surely?

Reactions: Tai

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
I also never said it doesn't have 100+ users

At least with stalls you can see where the numbers are coming from. But with Valk you log on and just wonder where 1/4 of the population is🤣

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thx for wasting my lvling time btw, none of us should be on here talking about any of this crap, unless you prefer to shake the teapot, but that is what Discord is for. We have gentlemen like discussions on Lomcn but I guess we'll have to throw that sh1t out the window right now...

@LightBringer I love how you are taking the opportunity to hit Valk below the belt
Haven't you got a bog standard LoM2 server to work on thats been glossed over so much that it's literally made of gloss?

Last edited:

Reverance

Final Heaven
Supporter
Veteran
May 25, 2013
Scotland
TheDeath is part of Apoc team and says they have a usercount multiplier and that everyone fakes usercount, why has Apoc not been removed?

I can only assume LukeB is Astrix - Without a doubt one of the dumbest users to ever grace Mir :D.

I think most people can safely assume Zircon never needed any fake count as the afk mechanics were perfectly suited to keeping players logged in.
Apoc always seemed to have a fairly decent count and that number had an equivalent ingame presence (Although I won't argue with a dev on that one)

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I can only assume LukeB is Astrix - Without a doubt one of the dumbest users to ever grace Mir :D.

I think most people can safely assume Zircon never needed any fake count as the afk mechanics were perfectly suited to keeping players logged in.
Apoc always seemed to have a fairly decent count and that number had an equivalent ingame presence (Although I won't argue with a dev on that one)

Let's not forget how apocalypse had lots of miners that ended up with that "gold bug" exploit.

Reverance

Final Heaven
Supporter
Veteran
May 25, 2013
Scotland
Let's not forget how apocalypse had lots of miners that ended up with that "gold bug" exploit.

Indeed, User counts will always be inflated by Miners which again seems perfectly fair.
The Gold Exploit bug was a joke though.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Indeed, User counts will always be inflated by Miners which again seems perfectly fair.
The Gold Exploit bug was a joke though.

Yes, but having players with 10-15 miners is a whole different story 🤪

Reverance

Final Heaven
Supporter
Veteran
May 25, 2013
Scotland
Yes, but having players with 10-15 miners is a whole different story 🤪

Yea that was a different issue altogether, there will always be certain groups of users who will go out there way to maximize exploiting issues like that.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
The drama makes the new theme tolerable at least.

Good job Tai, fake user counts should always be punished, it's disgusting to the community.

Reactions: Pete107

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thx for wasting my lvling time btw, none of us should be on here talking about any of this crap, unless you prefer to shake the teapot, but that is what Discord is for. We have gentlemen like discussions on Lomcn but I guess we'll have to throw that sh1t out the window right now...

@LightBringer I love how you are taking the opportunity to hit Valk below the belt
Haven't you got a bog standard LoM2 server to work on thats been glossed over so much that it's literally made of gloss?

I have hardly hit him below the belt?
I am just trying to summarize what the hell was going on through the multiple pages was all.

I haven't actually as I am not working on a bog standard LoM2 server; But you might want to come off the forums, get some sleep and come back with your brain recharged.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
I am just trying to summarize what the hell was going on through the multiple pages was all.

You can summerize in your head, without making it look like you've rested on top of Tai's shoulder with a huge grin on your face.

A bog standard server to me is 3 class server, with no amazing new mechanics/skills that I've seen anyway, this is my perspective, you can dress it however you like though.

20+ Users!? call the FBI, destroy it all "but what about those zircon users all each with an afk miner sir!?" "da *** you just say boy! takes a chunk out of a carrot"
Post automatically merged:

Edit - ALSO, people have to relog on Valks server quite often for either rested gains or to fix bugs with 1920x1080 resolution, within the 15 minutes that the UC updates, me, a try hard can be logged off at many points in the day, including the many other try hards can make the UC jump up and down quite reguarly. If the port wasn't directly connected to server I will assume it is port simply trying to update the UC similar to how lomcn updates the UC, so I wouldn't be suprised at all with the jumping!

Last edited:
Reactions: LightBringer

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Just wanted to more state it to everyone, as when I started reading I was losing track of what had gone on, apologies if that's the way it came across; it wasn't my intent at all.

Well for starters, you aren't up to date on my server, so surely you shouldn't place judgement before actually gathering facts. As we are now a 4 class server with hugely dynamic spells among a plethora of other features and mechanics (not seen a lot of the new custom spells on any server before, it might be a good or bad thing, we will tell on launch! ha)
- if I sound defensive, I am, I am proud of the work I have put into my server.

It's not the amount that matters mate, its the rules, I'd expect the same if I did it on my server, if it was completely unintentional then surely Valk and Tai can sort it out in PMs.
AFK miners inflate a UC but they are actual players, who have left their characters in game (same as companion afkers), people see these 'bodies' everywhere making the server still feel active, even if they are afk (I like to log into busy safezones, even if it's afkers)
- It becomes a different ball game if its say 15 miners under 1 player (but then that player and accounts are flouting server rules and should be dealt with by the relevant server teams)

Reactions: WelshSteel
Status
Not open for further replies.