VGA vs HDMI

Join Discord

Budzilla

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2004
Over There!
im using my tv 38inch dvi to HDMI and the quality is amazing. TV's these days don't have dvi because hdmi is the same thing.

ABurma

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2012
As it's a Samsung Monitor/tv the input from vga - vga will be better to start with, Samsung for some strange reason and I have it with mine as well, doesn't change the quality for hdmi output until you change a few of the Samsung settings. It could be very well that the auto sync doesn't change the settings, as I have to setup manually the noise reduction for hdmi in order to get a better quality picture.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
most TVs don't have DVI as HDMI is the identical connection. VGA and HDMI is all you should need :)

TBH if you want a good quality image you shouldn't really be using your TV as a monitor, my Samsung TV sucks as a monitor as well.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
All I want is the quality I got from VGA lol, which was good. I'll just buy another vga cable. LONG LIVE VGA

haters

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
So I bought another vga (cheap though cos I'm sick of buying cables now) and it wouldn't even find 1920 as an optional resolution, which is weird because it did on my old vga cable. So I had to go into the nvidia control panel and manually add it as a "custom resolution". More importantly though it is lacking clarity (perhaps because I've been using the hdmi for a while now) to the point where I feel a bit like a moderately blind person without their glasses on.

But like I said before, the hdmi is too far the other way. The best way I can describe it is to take an image in photoshop and go Filter > Sharpen > Sharpen a couple of times and the edges become a bit pixelated.

Now I'm very annoyed because my laptop looks perfect and next to it this just looks crap; not what I expect.