Virtual Reality

CountedZero

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 4, 2019
Yesterday at 4:13 PM

quote:

" Can confirm, after extensive play times ( up until 6am ) it can mess with your head. waking up and walking to the toilet felt like I was in VR getting motion sickness. Closing my eyes at night I could see the VR outline..?? masturbating was also difficult..

I am officially ****ed. "

Thank you Popcorn made me laugh so much my lady asked what the problem was,
(daren't t tell her ! )

• Haha
Reactions: PoPcOrN

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
I purchased the Rift S on release day, got most of the games currently out on steam and played it most nights for the first few weeks. My expectation was also very high, and after seeing the limited field of view you get (black borders in all directions of your vision) and being able to notice the pixelation from the low resolution displays i was kinda let down a little. These a definitely things they'll need to improve on if VR is to become more mainstream.

That said, VR still blew my mind. To say that the Rift S is only £500 and you no longer need any lighthouses its well worth it. I have friends who purchased the Vive and Rift which both uses 2/3 light houses - and they all say the setup process for room calibration is a nightmare unless you have them in a permanent fixed location. The Rift S is simply 3 motions to draw your room and you're done.

So far Trover Saves the Universe (Same people who did Rick and Morty) is my favourite game i've played. It's one of the few "full" VR games which doesn't just feel like a short experience, and lots of fun.

The steam VR experience (The lab) is probably the next best game. They're all short games but all very fun and different.

Job Simulator / Vacation Simulator are also fun. Though quite short they're really good to show off what VR hand tracking can do.

Super Hot and Robo Recall also very fun. Blade & Sorcerer is a good arena skyrim type game, though doesn't feel like a full game and the physics can be crazy (also only game to give me motion sickness as you run around instead of the usual teleporting)

If you haven't already i would highly recommend ceiling hooks for your cable. The first few days of having the cable trail on the floor and get hook around my feet when you get carried away were abit annoying. But with the ceiling hooks the headset goes unnoticed and removes the weight, and you can do circles in your room without fear of falling over - really improves the experience.

I will definately look in to those hooks.

Have you tried Pavlov?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I will definately look in to those hooks.

Have you tried Pavlov?

No its not something i've heard much about. Seen a few youtubes play it. I'm yet to try a multiplayer VR game. Was hoping there would be lots to choose from but they mainly are just chat rooms / childrens social games that I see.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
No its not something i've heard much about. Seen a few youtubes play it. I'm yet to try a multiplayer VR game. Was hoping there would be lots to choose from but they mainly are just chat rooms / childrens social games that I see.

Yeah the main ones are childish things but Pavlov is very good and it's only £6 :eek: