War Of The Worlds

Join Discord

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
Right who has seen this movie? i seen it the last day, but i decided to post it here now. I thought that this film was brillent. it was so realistc, and the girl is a brillent actor.

What do you lot think?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
sucked. the ending was so sudden.

'oh we've found out how to kill them, the end'

independance day was so much better. i mean dont get me wrong, the effects and the story was good for the first hour.

i cant say 2 much but theres so many questions that they havnt though about.

like how did they know there wld b a human race on earth.

how did they know they needed xx if we wernt even here?

surely their technology wld have been greatly outdated by now. so why didnt they send some ships down?

ipixel

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
ZOMFG?!?!! you should have quoted our nerd convo on MSN ferrit.

I seen it the day it opened cinemawide, was a good show, but as ferrit said, some aspects where just pointless.

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
Farril said:
like how did they know there wld b a human race on earth.

The alieans from Mars? they were planing the attack for a long time, the new there was going to be a Race down on earth, but they wouldnt attack untill it was more populated, due to if they attacked were there were a small amount of people, they couldnt harvest there bodys, and harvest earth.

Farril said:
how did they know they needed xx if we wernt even here?

If you read the book, they did know we were going to be there, they stupied us, and they thought thats there Tripods would do enough damages, so they stored them underground.

Farril said:
surely their technology wld have been greatly outdated by now. so why didnt they send some ships down?

cause they were actualy winning, until they started to die out by the germs in the air. even if they were losing by the humans they would of sent down ships, but they figrued out that there would be no point, due to the germs will get onto the ship as well..

Farril said:
o we found out how to kill them. the end.

They didnt actualy figured out how to kill them, the germs killed them :P which means that there shields would be down and that they could attack them with our weapons.

Any more questions?

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
Its rubbish one of the worst films i have seen this year its lucky to even get 3/10 on the special effects pull it through

they left all of the story out, they did not explain anything just that the tripods where here 1000s of years ago and now they are killing everyone

In the orginal evrything is explained and i mean everything from why the tripods are on earth,why they went to the basement to look around to how and what killed them.

The orginal gave the impression that the world was over and there was nothing we could do about it, but spelberg failed at this the film never even showed any other part of the world apart from the 2 mins in the news van

Watch the orginal and you will wonder what the hell Spelberg though he was doing by leaving so much out, he never explained the story.

Also the first time WOTW was heard was a radio play which started as a news broadcast that everyone at the time thought was real and sent the world into terror

BH

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
i have more questions. they been on earth long before we appeard -> so if they been here -> they 100% must know about germs and if they are so technologised how they died form germs -> at that technology u can protect ur body from anything.

bdw i rofl when i saw his boy at the end of the movie in life with no wound lol. that was stupid and stupid was that his ex-wife excaped lol all ppl died around here and around her house only she and her parents survived..so wierd.

also i noticed that the crashed plane from tom`s home had no body around him. Like lots of ppl died but they gone. Maybe u will say that the alines took their bodyes but i doubth they took mutilated bodyes with no bood in them.

My opinon:

Effects: 8
Movie: 5

watch Requiem for a dream -> now that is a nice movie :D

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i already have the original. so i think i might watch that tonight.

yeah i never got why they spent so long down the basements..

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
All is explained in the orgianal
Spelberg seemed to think that he can tell a story by using special effects and a big budget and that the script can be crap

I mean the line "Is it the terriosts" come one
yes 9/11 was bad but get over it all ready alot of worse stuff has happened since then and we dont keep going on about that
12/26 200,000+ people but thats all forgoten about

BH

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
Babyhack said:
Its rubbish one of the worst films i have seen this year its lucky to even get 3/10 on the special effects pull it through

they left all of the story out, they did not explain anything just that the tripods where here 1000s of years ago and now they are killing everyone

In the orginal evrything is explained and i mean everything from why the tripods are on earth,why they went to the basement to look around to how and what killed them.

The orginal gave the impression that the world was over and there was nothing we could do about it, but spelberg failed at this the film never even showed any other part of the world apart from the 2 mins in the news van

Watch the orginal and you will wonder what the hell Spelberg though he was doing by leaving so much out, he never explained the story.

Also the first time WOTW was heard was a radio play which started as a news broadcast that everyone at the time thought was real and sent the world into terror

BH

Agreed with the orginal being alot more detailed, and actualy the first WOTW was from a book, the news reporter done the prank on April 1st as a joke, saying how aliens were attakcing. and people thought of him seriously.

WOTW also then turned into a music CD, with quotes of the book in it(i was very dissapointed when they didnt have the offical music to the part were the alines were attacking :()

All in all tho, i did think it was a enjoyable film, even tho it was detailed wnouhg(but i knew what happened due to reading the book/watched to orginal) but it should of been alot more detailed tho.

And the Wifes part, what the ****? how did the house stay perfectly... and also her dad(the grand dad) he looked ver fimliar....