Watchout p69

smoochy boys on tour

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
People do fund the server, the server is now secured for anothr + 6 months so i told yah server is secured.

TheDon60

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 24, 2005
soon players will be lvl 70+ because most ppl that were 70 on p69 has gone to RZ and p69 was harder lvling lol 0.1% at lvl 41.

injektio

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 6, 2004
thing about this little "War" as you lot call it its more like of a contest than a war, 2 great servers, 1 winner, if you look, RaGEZONE was first to make a pserver possible, then all the other servers came along and p69 was made, p69 went on to present, RaGEZONE had ups and downs, had 7 servers up every server RaGEZONE had up it had a great success, and now, a New server of RaGEZONE is up and it has not been long up and its being compared to p69, which server other than RaGEZONE did that? none, why hate? APPRICIATE!

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I think ragezone has the upside as it's a newer server and isn't the same old thing all time time like p69 is for many people and mental's been around with hosting servers alot longer then p69.

Pete

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
P69 had over 200 players once, about a year ago or so, can't really remember - but I do remember it. It is also the oldest and the longest running private mir server. It was me and my brother's first server back in 2003. Hehe, I still remember trying to buy a weapon at a store because I didn't know there was such thing as a kit. However back to the point, P69 has been the best server in my opinon period. If I had to go back to Mir, I would chose P69. RZ has proven to be a not so good choice, because I have had very bad experiences with the staff and the amount of stupidness in the server it self. Although P69 is not perfect, it has it's share of problem - God knows how many times the character DB has been erased. And about RZ making private servers possible is the most bullsh!t I've seen on this forum in a long time. The original 1.3 (or 1.X) file were put on a private WEMADE FTP. Someone hacked the FTP and posted them on GGMainia. When GGMainia closed the Legend of Mir forums, people began coming to LOMCN and other sites like RZ.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Biohazard said:
P69 had over 200 players once, about a year ago or so, can't really remember - but I do remember it. It is also the oldest and the longest running private mir server. It was me and my brother's first server back in 2003. Hehe, I still remember trying to buy a weapon at a store because I didn't know there was such thing as a kit. However back to the point, P69 has been the best server in my opinon period. If I had to go back to Mir, I would chose P69. RZ has proven to be a not so good choice, because I have had very bad experiences with the staff and the amount of stupidness in the server it self. Although P69 is not perfect, it has it's share of problem - God knows how many times the character DB has been erased. And about RZ making private servers possible is the most bullsh!t I've seen on this forum in a long time. The original 1.3 (or 1.X) file were put on a private WEMADE FTP. Someone hacked the FTP and posted them on GGMainia. When GGMainia closed the Legend of Mir forums, people began coming to LOMCN and other sites like RZ.

they was 1.4 files and I remember what the first servers was like at that time everyone getting DSS etc it was all for fun back then now servers like RZ P69 LOCMS and a few EI (mir3) are staying up and updating some are more ahead than others but yeah maybe p69 has been up longst but if I knew how long LOCMS was up then I might be arguing with you but I don't but RZ has been around for donkey's lol.

Pete

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
petesn00beh said:
they was 1.4 files and I remember what the first servers was like at that time everyone getting DSS etc it was all for fun back then now servers like RZ P69 LOCMS and a few EI (mir3) are staying up and updating some are more ahead than others but yeah maybe p69 has been up longst but if I knew how long LOCMS was up then I might be arguing with you but I don't but RZ has been around for donkey's lol.

Pete

petesn00beh said:
I think ragezone has the upside as it's a newer server and isn't the same old thing all time time like p69 is for many people and mental's been around with hosting servers alot longer then p69.

Pete
Backslider.

I remember when LOCMS came out, and I'm telling you - Project69 is the longest running server out there.

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
Hog12374 said:
i'm the 1 that said they had 200+ and yes they have..
I've never seen it...
petesn00beh said:

Pete
It's not how new RZ is, its that RZ has the better manager... MentaL. Scorp does little in comparison to push P69 onto the rest of the MIR community, or any other community whereas MentaL can actively seen to be advertising at every available oppertunity. Scorp's isolationist attidude towards his own forum and his almost anti-LOMCN'ism doesn't help matters either.

MentaL is also the better GM of the two, although both could do with recruiting some proper user-orientated helpers both ingame and out (websites, player relations, services, scripting, GM'ing, updates, design). P69 does have a set of helpers, but they're just as stupid as Scorp (if not more so). Its funny that much smaller servers do this area a lot better.
Biohazard said:
P69 had over 200 players once, about a year ago or so, can't really remember - but I do remember it. It is also the oldest and the longest running private mir server.
P69 is not the oldest server, there were ones before it... like 101 ktests and Legacy something. Your right about longest running though :)
Biohazard said:
And about RZ making private servers possible is the most bullsh!t I've seen on this forum in a long time. The original 1.3 (or 1.X) file were put on a private WEMADE FTP. Someone hacked the FTP and posted them on GGMainia
Although RZ certainly didn't make them possible, MentaL and RZ sure helped and gave people the drive to make the first batch. It was also the first popular 'advertised' server.

The 1.4 files were on the WEMADE FTP, which was open for anonymous access, no hacking took place whatsoever. These files weren't immediately placed into GGMania, but a small team worked on them on their own little board. These files were leaked unwillingly to more people via an IRC channel, where some work was also done. ONLY THEN GGmania was used for file discussion. When it closed, people didn't goto RZ or LOMCN (LOMCN didnt even exist), but MSRF. Please Bio, check up on your 'facts' before you post.
petesn00beh said:
if I knew how long LOCMS was up
At the time of this post and not counting down time...
Approx 532 days, 4 hours, 59 minutes, 42 seconds - so no, its not a contender.

IMO RZ's biggest challange is not getting players, its keeping them. Running events to attract new players is great, if it doesn't hurt the existing ones. The events of late have done exactly that, almost punished the existing players for the work they have done so far while allowing newer players to equal if not better themselves in the space of a few days.

/Leo

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
LeoCrasher said:
When it closed, people didn't goto RZ or LOMCN (LOMCN didnt even exist), but MSRF. Please Bio, check up on your 'facts' before you post.

Ermmm I'm not sure if MSRF hosted the forum's where there was loads and loads of people advertising servers there was more servers then players and the forums wernt like they are nower days I can't remember the name of them because it was along long time ago then I can't remember what forum was advertising untill LOMCN the early day's (the very early) when people on msn had links in their name to it then ragezone came ragezone forum's before what their like now was just pure mir, was mir2 then mir3 I remember back then I wanted to play mir3 but the old comp couldnt even store the game on the hdd (yes was an old comp) and that's going back a few years. Anyway I find RageZone and LOMCN equally the same LOMCN only because it advertise's just one game (Well sort of) and RageZone advertise's lot's but if I need'd help with anything to do with Mir I'd come here because most people here know what their doing etc...

Pete

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
@pete: Yes MSRF allowed advertising for awhile (afaik), but stopped due to alleged legal pressure (this is not why LOMCN was created).

Tis important to remember that RZ and P69 are gaming-orientated communities. Whereas LOMCN on the otherhand is essentially a development community, although happily caters to some of the needs of players too (being as there is no other multi-server player forum). This is why you see the difference you mention in game advertising.

Its difficult to tell which of the three communities contains the greatest ratio of idiots to intelligencia... for once I can prolly say its not LOMCN.

--

On a sidenote when you feel like replying in future, please break up your text into paragraphs. Makes your block a lot easier to read.

/Leo

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
LeoCrasher said:
@pete: Yes MSRF allowed advertising for awhile (afaik), but stopped due to alleged legal pressure (this is not why LOMCN was created).

Tis important to remember that RZ and P69 are gaming-orientated communities. Whereas LOMCN on the otherhand is essentially a development community, although happily caters to some of the needs of players too (being as there is no other multi-server player forum). This is why you see the difference you mention in game advertising.

Its difficult to tell which of the three communities contains the greatest ratio of idiots to intelligencia... for once I can prolly say its not LOMCN.

--

On a sidenote when you feel like replying in future, please break up your text into paragraphs. Makes your block a lot easier to read.

/Leo

sorry i just didn't do well in english i hated the subject but ill try in future.

and i see what you mean about comparing the three they all have their own community, I enjoy RZ and LOMCN p69 community is just like watching people say how their choir's that's how their community is not having fun well not all the time, but thats my opinion so there u go.

Pete

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Well my users will drop now because of the event, and ive said it before, if i have aplayer base of 50 per time then i can keep doing the server for the players without wanting to shut it :)

Thanks for nice words leo!! (ps sober yet?) :)

Good day! bloody cold in my room.

Merdok

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 27, 2003
well bin thinking and u seem alright Mental so g/l in ur server

but i still think P69 owns all :P

LivingDead

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 18, 2005
MentaL said:
:):) A new personal record for ragezone

111 ingame as i type this , still, gotta beat p69!

u hav just proved why i hate u so much, i hate the way u think that ur better than every one else. when u die ill laugh so hard at u. u may think ur the best but not ur god. remember that kid

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Living dead, go read a poem you emo baby :P all you do is moan, and how do i think im better than everyone else, in simply stating that a new record has been achieved and since your a narrow minded fool with no morals or any consideration for the truth you just post random crap.

Your like a broken record, worthless cheap and used, so get over it or go read a book.