We are Free!!!!!

Join Discord

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
mir3 is not that old, beside its way more chalanging then other mmorpg servers :P

Judges

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2004
Yes I am afriad I did - my reasons where very different from those above, Ive just outgrown Mir period and sick of the same questions asked all the time - thought it best I move along cos mir is kinda old dont you agree?
It has fallen behind a bit yes and a lot of people have drafted to new games etc.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Damn shame to hear this.

You've helped alot over the past year or so. But as you say you'll still be lurking about, so we ent got rid of ya yet.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
Guess we best say hello to the new wave of arseholes in the GoT section. That another 3 people who've spent a good 2 years answering questions like:

"My server are connxting but da gates downt open"
"How do i maek dragonslayir swordz"
"HOw do i makez myselv GM"
"Where can i downlode mire filz"

Took me a year to get ****ed off at this community, and if you try runnning a server, as well as making files, and content and answering all the questions about it like me and people like chesnut/leocrasher/and others did/do then its pretty much mind-numbing.

I got out early so I just have a anger management problem, miles and co. should be okish. People like Leocrasher and mental who continue to try and improve people's servers etc are just going to die a horrible horrible death, where their IQ is sucked out from them, and if they dont die from stupid actions caused from this, their brain will implode, and the resulting blackhole of ignorance left around it will lower their town's IQ considerably.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
atomicide, with all the respact, ur still here ^^
"plx frea iten, mi r nead gud iten"
"i buy pera ring 10k or bye"

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Guess we best say hello to the new wave of arseholes in the GoT section. That another 3 people who've spent a good 2 years answering questions like:

"My server are connxting but da gates downt open"
"How do i maek dragonslayir swordz"
"HOw do i makez myselv GM"
"Where can i downlode mire filz"

Took me a year to get ****ed off at this community, and if you try runnning a server, as well as making files, and content and answering all the questions about it like me and people like chesnut/leocrasher/and others did/do then its pretty much mind-numbing.

I got out early so I just have a anger management problem, miles and co. should be okish. People like Leocrasher and mental who continue to try and improve people's servers etc are just going to die a horrible horrible death, where their IQ is sucked out from them, and if they dont die from stupid actions caused from this, their brain will implode, and the resulting blackhole of ignorance left around it will lower their town's IQ considerably.

My IQ is goin higha and higha, my spelin is improvzin evary dehy

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
atomicide, with all the respact, ur still here ^^
"plx frea iten, mi r nead gud iten"
"i buy pera ring 10k or bye"

The thing is, im here to annoy, upset, and basically try and purge the idiots from LOMCN. Your basic idiot comes on here and asks where to download server files (ignoring the billions of sticky', links, etc). Then they ask how to set up the server files, THEN how to solve problems with the files, then how to improve the files.

In the early days, these people would FAIL, then they would make a post about reporting LOMCN to wemade, people would ridicule them, and then they left. However an issue arose which changed this practice. Its almost like the frankenstein story:

Alphafrozen Server files became a public release. These files contained everything a downright idiot needed to put a server online. Combined with other releases and information, such as my router guides, and Silentdragz server launcher, the average idiot could now own his very own clone of alphafrozen.

These servers couldnt compete with decent servers the way they were, so they started off competing with each other, it was simple competition. The servers were made by idiots, for idiots. So the obvious way to win the bigger share of the users was by upping EXP and Drop rates. This resulted in loads of servers where every arse had access to every weapon and item available.

Further releases made it into the hands of these idiots, things like the M2Srv Editor program that made databases more userfriendly (as if they were hard to begin with) with these releases came decent people, people who wanted to help. The problem was these people were too nice I gave out help as a supermod, but I was also complete ******* so the majority were afraid to approach me. Others were nice to everyone, which meant they ended up sorting files/graphics/compilations everything for ungrateful *******s who then passed it around as their own work.

Everytime MentaL posted a release, he was flamed to **** for it. He was called arrogant, people pointed how he took it from the chinese (despite the fact he never claimed it was his own work) and basically argued to high hell about it. Didn't stop them helping themsevles to the download link with 0 chance in hell of them even considering thanking him.

The worst thing is, plenty of people had some absolutely awesome idea's for servers, Ive had my fair share of excellent Idea's and I know what would make some awesome ****ing gaming. The problem was, these idea's were either ****ed over by the community or Ignored. Greed was and still is the main driving factor of almost everyone on Mir, official or otherwise. People ALWAYS looked to exploit others servers and ruin them. Servers that couldn't be exploited failed, because people were unable to play properly on them, most of them were terrified at the prospect of losing gold/items they worked for on some others server, and having to start over again.

Servers that required thinking, intelligence, and were fun to play don't normally get a look in. People on here just want a cave full o max EXP mobs and a WT respawn time of 5 mins with a garunteed top item and para ring in every drop. They just want to grind like **** with the F5 key held down on an AoE spell while they go afk and piss on their own face for excitement instead.

Eventually some people make it out, and head to the GoT area, because you spend so long on a **** game with a pathetic community based on greed and grinding, when you end up there, your ****ed off. When you've been there for a while and look back at what you were a part of, you realise just how **** everyone in there is. The greed and whinging runs far deeper than 500 gold from a chicken spawned in town, but 2 steps away making it not worth the effort. If it was posted tomorow that this site would go down in a week unless £25 was raised, the site would probably go down. The real irony is, the people who dont give 2 ****s about mir (GoT users) would be the most likely to help, the Mir section users would just migrate to ragezone or make their own failed attempts at sites.

The Mir users on here want a server made for them, to their specification, and they want YOU to pay to host it. They wouldn't even spit on your face as repayment.

The basic surmise of the community is the simple fact: This site is made up of a bunch of greedy ****s, the people who are kind enough to be exploited by them, and a bunch of arseholes (me and GoT members) sat watching all this happen and wondering how the **** we ever managed to put up with that.

60% of this community should go **** themselves
30% of this community should stop bending over so easily.
10% of this community then wouldn't have proverbial anal violation to observe and be annoyed by.

END OF RANT.

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
I don't feel the urge to make a new thread so I will contribute to this one. I have finally had enough of mir, it has been on my mind to leave for a while. The good old days of team work and adventure are totally lost. I am also sick of seeing the same questions posted all of the time, and more or less, the same answers given.

As most of you know, I host a load of clients and mir content. This will remain as it is, there is no point in throwing that away.

I would also like to say thanks to a few members, some of which you may know. WarHead, for making the best server I have ever played on, Hazuki, for being a very good friend, Milo/BH, for being very helpful and trusting and Leo, for those simply wonderful "What is it now?..." replies on MSN :P and the nomination :)

All the best to all the remaining staff and members on this forum

/Senture

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
The thing is, im here to annoy, upset, and basically try and purge the idiots from LOMCN. Your basic idiot comes on here and asks where to download server files (ignoring the billions of sticky', links, etc). Then they ask how to set up the server files, THEN how to solve problems with the files, then how to improve the files.

In the early days, these people would FAIL, then they would make a post about reporting LOMCN to wemade, people would ridicule them, and then they left. However an issue arose which changed this practice. Its almost like the frankenstein story:

Alphafrozen Server files became a public release. These files contained everything a downright idiot needed to put a server online. Combined with other releases and information, such as my router guides, and Silentdragz server launcher, the average idiot could now own his very own clone of alphafrozen.

These servers couldnt compete with decent servers the way they were, so they started off competing with each other, it was simple competition. The servers were made by idiots, for idiots. So the obvious way to win the bigger share of the users was by upping EXP and Drop rates. This resulted in loads of servers where every arse had access to every weapon and item available.

Further releases made it into the hands of these idiots, things like the M2Srv Editor program that made databases more userfriendly (as if they were hard to begin with) with these releases came decent people, people who wanted to help. The problem was these people were too nice I gave out help as a supermod, but I was also complete ******* so the majority were afraid to approach me. Others were nice to everyone, which meant they ended up sorting files/graphics/compilations everything for ungrateful *******s who then passed it around as their own work.

Everytime MentaL posted a release, he was flamed to **** for it. He was called arrogant, people pointed how he took it from the chinese (despite the fact he never claimed it was his own work) and basically argued to high hell about it. Didn't stop them helping themsevles to the download link with 0 chance in hell of them even considering thanking him.

The worst thing is, plenty of people had some absolutely awesome idea's for servers, Ive had my fair share of excellent Idea's and I know what would make some awesome ****ing gaming. The problem was, these idea's were either ****ed over by the community or Ignored. Greed was and still is the main driving factor of almost everyone on Mir, official or otherwise. People ALWAYS looked to exploit others servers and ruin them. Servers that couldn't be exploited failed, because people were unable to play properly on them, most of them were terrified at the prospect of losing gold/items they worked for on some others server, and having to start over again.

Servers that required thinking, intelligence, and were fun to play don't normally get a look in. People on here just want a cave full o max EXP mobs and a WT respawn time of 5 mins with a garunteed top item and para ring in every drop. They just want to grind like **** with the F5 key held down on an AoE spell while they go afk and piss on their own face for excitement instead.

Eventually some people make it out, and head to the GoT area, because you spend so long on a **** game with a pathetic community based on greed and grinding, when you end up there, your ****ed off. When you've been there for a while and look back at what you were a part of, you realise just how **** everyone in there is. The greed and whinging runs far deeper than 500 gold from a chicken spawned in town, but 2 steps away making it not worth the effort. If it was posted tomorow that this site would go down in a week unless £25 was raised, the site would probably go down. The real irony is, the people who dont give 2 ****s about mir (GoT users) would be the most likely to help, the Mir section users would just migrate to ragezone or make their own failed attempts at sites.

The Mir users on here want a server made for them, to their specification, and they want YOU to pay to host it. They wouldn't even spit on your face as repayment.

The basic surmise of the community is the simple fact: This site is made up of a bunch of greedy ****s, the people who are kind enough to be exploited by them, and a bunch of arseholes (me and GoT members) sat watching all this happen and wondering how the **** we ever managed to put up with that.

10% of this community then wouldn't have proverbial anal violation to observe and be annoyed by.

END OF RANT.

In the words of The Blam
Cliff Notes Please

BH

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005

END OF RANT.

have u ever made other mmorpg private server? u make mir sound easy, but compare to games like WoW mu tibia ect, this is piece of cake.

what come fast go fast, ppls that have no brain made thier own server go down in a short time, even though i agree with u that it was stupit that ppls open a x10000000000000000000000000 exp servers without changing mobs hp ect...

if u want that little amount of ppls that stayed with the community and have exp in making good servers, y dont u ask dataforce to make new section called pro mir2/3 servers ad, only ppls with at least X amount of posts will be able to publish thier servers there, u should think about it.

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
5 members of staff gone in 1 week, you should have some spare change :punch:

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
but your names blue, doesn't seem like you've actualy left yet..

/Tofas

He's staying on until around 5 pm today (or whenever we get a chance to remove him after that =p) to reply to certain posts in certain secret places =p

/Miles

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
*Increases Urbans pay from $0 to £0* - there you go =).

/Miles

I'm not sure what that converts to in USD, but I'm going to put faith in corporate and accept.

a raise?!?!?! pfft, budget cuts forbid rasises!

But WHY do we have budget cuts... Tell THEM. TELL THEM.

We have budget cuts because they bought a marble statue of Frodo Baggins.