What do you do?

smoochy boys on tour

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
You only tend to work cash in hand when you aren't employed... that's the whole point in cash in hand. So as it doesn't have to go through the books, saves the employer & employee time & money.

And is also illegal, isn't it?

Obviously will depend on certain criterias.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
It is. But if I can't get a permanent job, I don't mind doing a bit of labouring to bring in some extra cash.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
I think you can work under 16 hours and still claim of the doll.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
I'm on the dole, they are fully aware I work between 6-8hrs per week. This is legal work though clearly.

ZoniStrife

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2009
I think you can work under 16 hours and still claim of the doll.
Ye u can work up to 16 hours and still claim.

Gandi i spell and type the way i do because idiots like you cant grasp the concept of sentences.

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
Gand, you're such an arrogant ****. So what if you're going to come out of a top university with a degree, it doesn't guarantee you a job, and in no way or form makes you any better than anyone else, as you obviously have no real life skills and have no clue about how things work. Plus, you're doing Film and Drama Studies, like you said about the NVQ's, it's a complete morons course, anyone could pass it.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Ye u can work up to 16 hours and still claim.

Gandi i spell and type the way i do because idiots like you cant grasp the concept of sentences.

Its 12 isn't it??

Also I'm an Trainee Cad Designer for an Electrical Firm, However its only a temp job until i go college next year and do a 2 Year Horticulture and garden design course.

ZoniStrife

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2009
Its 12 isn't it??

Also I'm an Trainee Cad Designer for an Electrical Firm, However its only a temp job until i go college next year and do a 2 Year Horticulture and garden design course.

a m8 was told 16 when he went to see after he got his part time job

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Everyone says NVQ's are pointless, but I have 1 in Customer Service & 1 in Business Administration, both of which tie together quite well really. I could get a job (May not be the best paid), issue for me is though I've had a job which required both of these... and it sucked. Office job's aren't for me, which is why I'm going to get a trade, as you will always have something to fall back on if you can't get anything better.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Film and Drama studies

Yes, well done. As i said a degree i enjoy rather than one for a top salary. Had i wanted to study Maths/Geography or a Science (most likely a form of biology) at university i'm sure it wouldn't have been an issue.

Gand, you're such an arrogant ****. So what if you're going to come out of a top university with a degree, it doesn't guarantee you a job, and in no way or form makes you any better than anyone else, as you obviously have no real life skills and have no clue about how things work. Plus, you're doing Film and Drama Studies, like you said about the NVQ's, it's a complete morons course, anyone could pass it.
I've (also) acknowledged i'm not guaranteed a job, and never said it makes me better than everyone else -- i've also managed to hold onto a part time (now seasonally employed) job for 4 years, whilst also working others and volunteering in numerous locations such as schools/charity work/etc. Whilst living away from my rents/paying bills/etc etc from the age of 18 without dole money, even those on the dole still rarely move away from their rents. I'd rather not give my life story, but don't talk crap you're clearly just taking from nowhere, maybe i'm arrogant, but if you'd stop attempting to judge me it'd make the whole thread alot easier. :eek:
You think you can spend a term writing on the history, concept, practioners, circumstances, science and so forth of the naturalist movement, something which is evident in EVERYTHING we read/watch/know about daily life whilst getting a reasonable mark? Then go for it. Similarly if you think you know enough about the Post Classical Hollywood era, the films of the seventies that shaped modern film, or are all clued up in the limited methods of animation so crucial to the production of anime that so many of you are fans of then clearly you should be on my course and coming out with a first. If not, which i assume you dont then quit the crap mate. Even then anyone can learn if they put their mind to it (well at least the majority can) it's being able to apply it in a quality research paper or diseration that gets you through uni. Which brings me full circle to my initial point - that university is the academics way into a beneficial industry, be that income, satisfaction or both.

I'll finish with the point that if you want to quote my posts please thoroughly read the whole post/thread because 90% of this epic essay of a post was me repeating myself.
(Oh and I ignored Zoni's post initially as the majority of us know he just looked like a right royal tit. Good job man.)

/Gand

PS - Just wanted to say cheers to the LOMCN community for providing the most epic debate/flame threads you'd find on any forum, its the reason i bet many of us continue to return ;)

Snowman

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 30, 2005
i'm a bum, do some work around the house/in the garden for my 'rents but am currently unemployed.

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
took me ages to find a job after uni :( my bro finished uni and didn't even get a job that required a degree lol, he got a job as an air traffic controller.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Everyone says NVQ's are pointless, but I have 1 in Customer Service & 1 in Business Administration, both of which tie together quite well really. I could get a job (May not be the best paid), issue for me is though I've had a job which required both of these... and it sucked. Office job's aren't for me, which is why I'm going to get a trade, as you will always have something to fall back on if you can't get anything better.

As I work for a training company, I think NVQs are the best quals you can get and everyone should go get one ;)

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
I went to college for 3 years doing sports, got nvq, diploma n certificate, total waste of time! People nowa days wud rather have people with hands on experience for 3years than sum1 whos been in college for 3years

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
I went to college for 3 years doing sports, got nvq, diploma n certificate, total waste of time! People nowa days wud rather have people with hands on experience for 3years than sum1 whos been in college for 3years

Read the truth.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
True.

Luckily I got into my job the right way, just used the systems we use at work untill I knew them inside out, that got noticed by the Head of IT who then recruited me, and the company will now be funding all the qualifications they feel I should take.

Starting with A+ and MCDST, and we will move on from there.

Whereas my mate who spent £1000's of pounds doing qualifications such as the Cisco networking, he can not get a job in IT for the life of him. "You interviewed really well and have the qualifications, but you lack in experience"

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
True.

Luckily I got into my job the right way, just used the systems we use at work untill I knew them inside out, that got noticed by the Head of IT who then recruited me, and the company will now be funding all the qualifications they feel I should take.

Starting with A+ and MCDST, and we will move on from there.

Whereas my mate who spent £1000's of pounds doing qualifications such as the Cisco networking, he can not get a job in IT for the life of him. "You interviewed really well and have the qualifications, but you lack in experience"

Comptai A+?

Yea i get my CCNA for free and actually get the experience at same time

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
I've got two nvq's one in welding and fabrication and one in rigging,slinging and performing engineering operations, got made redundant from the company i was doing my level 3 at so i've just been working a decent paid forklift drivers job which i've just been made redundant from so im unemployed, but i do a bit of cash in hand work here and there to pay my bills and pay for my nights out, i live on a boat so i spend time working on that and taking it out on the river, will eventually go back to engineering when the work picks up.