What do you think?

Join Discord

HealingOne

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 19, 2005
Hi all i need your imput,

Iv just payed for 3gig of WebSpace & i thinking of makeing a Forum/WebSite for server owners not just Mir2 but for Mir3, WoooL & others e.g WOW i will all so offer client Hosteing & a Upload area i will not be hosteing Server files as LOMCN is the place for that but it will be a forum/website to advertise you server & talke about all server not just the one or to you play.

Would you use it as a Priv Server user ???

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Babyhack said:
Dont take this the wrong way
but this has been done and is doing very well
its called ragezone.com

BH

I think he means just host the client for d/loading so people dont have to use FileFone ect ect .

/HS

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
~HeavenSent~ said:
I think he means just host the client for d/loading so people dont have to use FileFone ect ect .

/HS
Won't be hosting many clients with 3gb of space.

Do keep in mind, a popular server will use well over 400gb of bandwidth on client downloads per month.

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Just spoke to HealingOne he is now geting Unlimted Uploads DownLoads & pop3 E-mail accounts :) told me he will post l8er.

/HS

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
its a bit of a waste of money is it no? we have richens for patch uploading, i host full clients ragezone dose advertisments and well we know about lomcn :P

aswell as you are making a server, its another load to think of and do. is it worth it?

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
The majority of people will still go straight to ragezone or lomcn, Its a waste, if you want to help a community offer free uploading to them if you'v already got the space.

The problem you have is.

1. You'd probebly try and advertise your forums through lomcn or ragezone if they allowed it. But why would people want to go from lomcn which has a decent amount of people on and can generaly get fast replys. The straight to a new forum which takes you days for a reply.

2. Too much competition, Your never going to get the amount of users you expect without waiting a few years atleast and thats including advertising around everywhere and most people by then kinda get bored and give up as they expect high usage at first, but it just wont happen.

The only reason i see people using your forum for is because their maybe banned from richens, or other hostings more known.

No disrespect to you as i dont think your going to do bad, its just i believe you wont get anywhere with what ur trying.