What Job Have You Got?

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Starting thursday the 8th of march i shall begin "Computer Games Testing". Shame getting there and back each week will cost about £70 in petrol money :(.

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
by law im signing on, BUT when needed i create flyers for local events at a wicker arches (off the rails) skyline should know what im talkin about...

Gloop

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2003
Derbyshire
Well im a milkman :P, but i just got a job at Denby Pottery working on the shop floor start on Monday :D

EDIT: Has anyone else noticed that GhettoFx's website hasn't been updated since 2004?

Last edited:

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
Starting thursday the 8th of march i shall begin "Computer Games Testing". Shame getting there and back each week will cost about £70 in petrol money :(.

Good luck on the most boring job EVER.

"Ok today Mr. Jicca we need you to open this door 50 times, each time from a different angle"

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Good luck on the most boring job EVER.

"Ok today Mr. Jicca we need you to open this door 50 times, each time from a different angle"

Well when i actually went for the interview i had to play a fully released game and all i did was go around hitting walls, talking to people from all angles... pretty much everything for 2 hours and it was quite fun xD.

Problem is if i end up testing an RTS im gonna hate it >_>

Also its Jicaa not Jicca :( so many people do that.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
full time student, part time currys, part time bum.

2fast2furious

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2004
Im doing a modern aprentiship which ive done for a year and a half now, the training provider is ITEC Sunderland, i dnt need to prove to you, i also do network instalations (cat 5, cat6, fibre) the cabling side is much funner as it beats being stuck in a workshop :) i dnt need to prove my self to ppl who dont belive what i say (blam)

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Full-time student - finishing this year - part time Hospital work in Arrowe Park - only catering, nothing glamerous.
I went to a game programming office for my work experience. Sat on my bum playing games for the day as they forgot about me. Back in the day I was 14 and playstation two was just about to come out. Was still in awe of their blue ps1 developer editions lol. Cost about 2 grand each they said.

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
Im a full time, GET ON MSN SARAH!

Oh yeah, posting with blatent disregard to the topic

EDIT :( im a bumbag until september when i grace uni.

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
Well when i actually went for the interview i had to play a fully released game and all i did was go around hitting walls, talking to people from all angles... pretty much everything for 2 hours and it was quite fun xD.

Problem is if i end up testing an RTS im gonna hate it >_>

Also its Jicaa not Jicca :( so many people do that.

Sowwy Jicaa. I have never tested but i have heard a lot about testing because of my course in uni being computer games orientated and apparently it gets extremely tedious. However if you get yourself well known you can be paid big bucks.

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
I found it annoying - I just wanted to go home. Bare in mind you testing half done games most of the time. Just bug finding I did.
I tested Stuart little 2 and that Space one using old ships something like Treasure Planet or that.I was 14 at the time lol.

Pyraine

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 22, 2004
Aggresion
I'm a barman.

Soon starting up a business my friend providing parts etc. for something which I'm not going to state as it is in very high demand at the moment ;)

Also studying Music Technology BTEC which will open plenty of doors for me if I get some nice results

emmille

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2007
Im doing a modern aprentiship which ive done for a year and a half now, the training provider is ITEC Sunderland, i dnt need to prove to you, i also do network instalations (cat 5, cat6, fibre) the cabling side is much funner as it beats being stuck in a workshop :) i dnt need to prove my self to ppl who dont belive what i say (blam)

you talk so much crap making cat5/6 cables is the most boring job in the world, you sit there for hours cutting up cables wiring on the ethernet heads for one cable, then you need to wire up cables to the hub panels, measuring each one to make sure its the right length.

worst job in the world

im a prostitute