What should be best thing to work on now?

What server version should i make?

Votes: 6 26.1%

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Anything Else ?

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

Mike_BE

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2008
Let me know as ive just format pc for a fresh clean start :D

Viper

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2007
Newcastle
depends what skills you got, start off with the 2.3 files tbh.

Wait till the 2.6 become less buggy.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
depends what skills you got, start off with the 2.3 files tbh.

Wait till the 2.6 become less buggy.

Exactly what I thought.

When 2.6 is not majorly bugged up, then people will start transfering 2.3 database files to a 2.6 server.

But stick with 2.3 atm.

/kizza

Mike_BE

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2008
Right, can close this thread now. Going to make server 2.3 first as i got skills 4 that. When 2.6 = Less buggy il work on that. 4 now the files just have to wait hehe

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
it doesnt its got more features, more spells, ... just noobs who dont know how to work it

well first , for low rates isnt good becuase lifco doesnt add the Korean Updates , he add what he wants ( maybe not balacning) like: StorageBox , Custom AI to mobs etc ...
and second : is still full of bugs that lead to unbalces , unstlabes and exploits
now you understand ?
+ here we all got the source so will be simply for some1 to make hacking progs ( for ppl who know )

WasteMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
well first , for low rates isnt good becuase lifco doesnt add the Korean Updates , he add what he wants ( maybe not balacning) like: StorageBox , Custom AI to mobs etc ...
and second : is still full of bugs that lead to unbalces , unstlabes and exploits
now you understand ?
+ here we all got the source so will be simply for some1 to make hacking progs ( for ppl who know )

You even played the 2.6 files? lol? Your a bit of a noob really, ATM 2.3 are better than 2.6, however if you know how to code, and you can fix them yourself, but some will wait for Lifco & others to finish it and make them bug free. Also, if you know what to do, you can add what ever you vertually want considering your able to code it.

Therefore, 2.6 is better than 2.3, at present time the files are buggy but give it time.

-wasteman

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
You even played the 2.6 files? lol? Your a bit of a noob really, ATM 2.3 are better than 2.6, however if you know how to code, and you can fix them yourself, but some will wait for Lifco & others to finish it and make them bug free. Also, if you know what to do, you can add what ever you vertually want considering your able to code it.

Therefore, 2.6 is better than 2.3, at present time the files are buggy but give it time.

well i am talking about the present noob , i didnt say that when they are ready ( no bugs ) they will still not be like 2.3 , i said Just ATM

WasteMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
now you understand ?

well i am talking about the present noob , i didnt say that when they are ready ( no bugs ) they will still not be like 2.3 , i said Just ATM

Ofcourse. In the DIRECT quote above this one, show me where the 'ATM' part is in there please? no? no? no? didn't think so.

NeOn

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 12, 2003
Chatsworth Estate, Manchester
now you understand ?

right ok ... and in time 2.6 will be wwaaaaaaaay ahead of 2.3. TDS are good but theres one slight prob ... its limited!!! U cant do anything "new" with them really at all, maybe a few new things using qfuction, with the 2.6 files they are bein updated as much as possible bugs n that ARE being fixed as we spk, and not only that even the source code for it has been released which will never happen with td's files

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Soon 2.3 will be old skool and no one will use just like 1.4

lif

Mike_BE

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2008
hmmm 4 now cus i havent got a clue to set up 2.6 il be busy making quests in 2.3 there's gunna be loads of quests to do on my server =D.

edit: if any1 feel like you got any ideas 4 quests etc, you can always talk to me on msn: [email protected]

Last edited:

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
Use 2.3. The 2.6 files will take a while to reach the same standards, longer than most people here expect I imagine.

Lifco's doing a great job but the past has taught us not to rely on any set of files until they are at a point where a bug free server can be run.

Besides, when the time comes to use 2.6 the structure is pretty similar and should be very easy to swap over.

Mike_BE

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2008
Use 2.3. The 2.6 files will take a while to reach the same standards, longer than most people here expect I imagine.

Lifco's doing a great job but the past has taught us not to rely on any set of files until they are at a point where a bug free server can be run.

Besides, when the time comes to use 2.6 the structure is pretty similar and should be very easy to swap over.

thats what i want to hear :d thx =D