Where can i down load the artificial server?

Join Discord

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Wittin did a lot to help out LOMCN in the past, I believe he wouldn't do such things when thier server launches. And again they have openly admitted to doing it for testing, they are not hiding anything, unlike some owners in the past.

Reactions: Wittin

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Wittin did a lot to help out LOMCN in the past, I believe he wouldn't do such things when thier server launches. And again they have openly admitted to doing it for testing, they are not hiding anything, unlike some owners in the past.

Who said Wittin has malicious intentions ?

His server is beta stage or whatever, he could easily switch port for that "Stress Testing" so other servers couldnt get damaged by its actions.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
It's been available to play for about 18 months now as the server status says :) it's down for maintenance / upgrades whilst we ready for phoenix 2.0

Reactions: wxypk2009

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
It's been available to play for about 18 months now as the server status says :) it's down for maintenance / upgrades whilst we ready for phoenix 2.0

So it's up but down in the same time?

How can you stress test an "officialy launched server" on the same time?

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
It's a big patch, very large. Many many months in development, it will take a lot of testing.

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
Good to see you progressing with the server!
Out of interested was the 'bot' a server based player object?
Or was it created client side?

From what I can tell it looks to be server side based.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Thanks. It was remote testing we were interested in network and cpu load with large numbers of players moving in close proximity, just to get an idea how many we could handle and sustain in worst case scenarios on the existing hardware, ie. wars etc. Honestly I am impressed with outcome, it performed far better than we had maybe anticipated.

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
Thanks. It was remote testing we were interested in network and cpu load with large numbers of players moving in close proximity, just to get an idea how many we could handle and sustain in worst case scenarios on the existing hardware, ie. wars etc. Honestly I am impressed with outcome, it performed far better than we had maybe anticipated.
Thanks for the response, it doesn't really answer my question tho. I'm still making an assumption that it was a server generated object? I.e. it wasn't a client logging on 100's of times and moving around.

Only reason I'm asking as I'm planning a similar test in the future.

Dk

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
It did, as you can't really perform a remote test from the server. We were logging in 2 accounts from 2 locations every 15 seconds simultaneously yesterday whilst the bots walked around with up to 800 players before we started to run into issues.

Essentially it was a headless client specifically created for the test.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Does it really matter what he's currently doing? Wittin has been open about his actions, yes he could of changed his port but then again if it's down for testing in any terms then maybe he should of informed a Mod,Admin to possibly suspend his server the Server Status