Cardiff
civic

1890335_10153856019490004_674519331_o.jpg

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
vauxhall astra sports tourer 2.0 sri had since new has now finaly hit the 3000 mile on the clock mark

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
See that's what I want to do with Mondeo, with it having St220 Engine there are pretty no limts on what can be done on the engine. My issue at the moment, is trying to find parts for mine as someone FUBAR the database entry for my car so doesn't come up on part searchs.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
See that's what I want to do with Mondeo, with it having St220 Engine there are pretty no limts on what can be done on the engine. My issue at the moment, is trying to find parts for mine as someone FUBAR the database entry for my car so doesn't come up on part searchs.

There is always limits. Just depends how full your wallet is!

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
That Astra is absolutely lovely.

More into the VW's myself though, MKII Golf being my favourite.

the astra keeps getting more badass imo. I'm always torn between a few cars, golf, astra and civic. Obviously i went with the Mk8 this time but still,the other 2 are kiler. I wouldn't get an astra VXR though because all that power in a front wheel drive? eeep! but the golf gt== killer.

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
the astra keeps getting more badass imo. I'm always torn between a few cars, golf, astra and civic. Obviously i went with the Mk8 this time but still,the other 2 are kiler. I wouldn't get an astra VXR though because all that power in a front wheel drive? eeep! but the golf gt== killer.
Id never buy the VXR personally, anyway since I cant afford a car at present, im going to share my aunties car with you all as tbh it is such a beaut.

First things first, a little bit of description of it.

It is a Mk2 Golf (Hence why i'm such a fan of this car)
I have grown up watching this car come from standard to what it is today, its been in the family for around 17/18 year now.

It's last dyno test showed it had 505 BHP it does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, it is literally an absolute beast. Being a child and asking to be taken out for a drive on a weekend was the only thing i ever looked forward to every week, it literally scared the **** out of me but gave me such an adrenaline rush at the same time i grew very fond of it. (Still hoping that one day it'll be passed onto me.)

It has had well over £50k spent on it in the last 10 year alone with new engine re-builds, yearly re-sprays and maintenance.

It had won around 10 car shows in 1st,2nd and 3rd place in its time.

A few of the photos are from one of the car shows it attended in 2008, Elsecar Mega Meet 2008

Anyway here's some photos iv just taken directly from my aunties and her husbands facebook account. (I have no personal photo's, I did at one point but the mobile phone they were on has been and gone a long time ago.)

Enjoy Guys.

Yearly Engine Strip and Clean.

Getting ready for its yearly respray =]

Another engine stripped and clean

Last edited:

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
Actually the VXR isn't too bad on the heavy front end cars such as the Monaro, Insignia & GTS as these are heavier on front than the Astra & Corsa. In the Astra & Corsa, it's just a waste of torque. It takes you around 5 seconds to get going, after car has stopped bouncing.

But the same is said for the RS & ST, though the Focus looks nice and drives well the torque on the front end is just bad. Though it is an issue with all high torque FRW cars, that are compact.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
Id never buy the VXR personally, anyway since I cant afford a car at present, im going to share my aunties car with you all as tbh it is such a beaut.

First things first, a little bit of description of it.

It is a Mk2 Golf (Hence why i'm such a fan of this car)
I have grown up watching this car come from standard to what it is today, its been in the family for around 17/18 year now.

It's last dyno test showed it had 505 BHP it does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, it is literally an absolute beast. Being a child and asking to be taken out for a drive on a weekend was the only thing i ever looked forward to every week, it literally scared the **** out of me but gave me such an adrenaline rush at the same time i grew very fond of it. (Still hoping that one day it'll be passed onto me.)

Audi S3 2.5L 5 Cyliner powered Engine.

It has had well over £50k spent on it in the last 10 year alone with new engine re-builds, yearly re-sprays and maintenance.

It had won around 15 car shows in 1st,2nd and 3rd place in its time.

A few of the photos are from one of the car shows it attended in 2008, Elsecar Mega Meet 2008

Anyway here's some photos iv just taken directly from my aunties and her husbands facebook account. (I have no personal photo's, I did at one point but the mobile phone they were on has been and gone a long time ago.)

Enjoy Guys.

Not that I don't believe you that its running big power but that engines a 1.8 20v not the 2.5 outa the RS3.

I'm more of a stance queen myself but credit where credit's due, that is a super tidy mk2!
Guessing there isnt a build thread on Ed38 or the like?

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
The info on the engine is what iv been provided by my cousin, if I'm wrong then apologies rather not look like a twat. And I very much doubt there is a thread on Edition 38, they ain't exactly the most computer illiterate people you'd meet they just say know how to use Facebook lol, I will get the specifics of the engine etc next time they're through my way.

Ludacris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 20, 2014
current work in progress ( although thats kind of stopped since chronciles came out :P)

originaly a nova 1.3 sr road rally , so it had a cage , buckets etc etc

bought with the intention of stage rallying , so alot of work to get it strong enough to compete on those welsh gravel stages.

http://s682.photobucket.com/user/sr...3&page=1&_suid=139627687865609147216742591009
(more progress pictures here)

and how it stands currently , on its side :lol

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
My defense is that as clearly proven on the ticket, I was already 5 minutes late for work!

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Just managed to get the money together to buy a car after being out of work for a while for my 21st next month :D
Picked this up for £600 2 days ago, Ford Focus 2.0 Ghia Petrol

EDIT:
Thoughts, reviews, opinions on "Drive like a girl" ?
They're the cheapest quote for me (all my affordable quotes are with telematic boxes).

I've been with "Insure The Box" before, and they we're good. They even let me cancel my insurance policy
without hitting me with a full year bill. I'm aware I.T.B is a sister company for insure the box.

2pp0eh0.jpg

2ib0mz5.jpg

Last edited:

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
I drive a Z4 at the moment. Need to get rid soon tho cos 2seats :(