Who is the owner of the 'Chronicles' files?

Join Discord

Eddie Strike

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2010
and what are the chances there will be a public release? o.O

Would be nice to see an influx of new servers.

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
Zero chance. The C# files are better anyway, Chronicles was just released at the right time and is ran by a good team.

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Zero chance. The C# files are better anyway, Chronicles was just released at the right time and is ran by a good team.

Your high of your ****ing head if you think #C are better than the Chron files, Even when they was basic Acem2 files the medish rate server, the files was much better so many problems with #C files.

Not saying this wont change in future but how things are right now can't believe you compared them. I feel warrior's are at massive disadvantage on the files due to being able to hit 1/1 by wiz / tao from range, don't like the feel of it at all.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Your high of your ****ing head if you think #C are better than the Chron files, Even when they was basic Acem2 files the medish rate server, the files was much better so many problems with #C files.

Not saying this wont change in future but how things are right now can't believe you compared them. I feel warrior's are at massive disadvantage on the files due to being able to hit 1/1 by wiz / tao from range, don't like the feel of it at all.

AppleM2 (Which is the set the AceM2 is based on is very buggy) If you want to compare on features.. then I would say the C# is beginning to be far superior then the AppleM2, Just look at the comparison thread, (BTW which Sam made to prove how superior a none public set is.)
http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?84526-Comparison-of-available-files-2014

Don't forget Sam and his team have been working on the AceM2 source for many many years. Yes Chronicles has been successful but that is down to Sam and his team rather then the set. (Nonish corruptness + stability)

Piff1, You are judging the Crystal Files on what? 3-4 Server's which have come online? Not one of the Source team has said they were ready for a full release. Any files has issues good thing is the Crystal files are being worked on.. Heroes has major issues.. Ruby has issues.. TD's 2.3 has issues. Ledu 1.9 has issues. 1.4 has issues..

Balancing issue has always been this way.. This is down to the Server owners not the Files it self.

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Crystal files can only improve and will eventually beat AceM2 imo.

The very fact its open source means it's already a thousand times better than AceM2 as you'll never touch the acem2 files in your lifetime.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
To be fair to Piff he never really compared the files as much as he got annoyed/called out by Ali3n's comparison.

You guys then go on to compare the filse against AceM2, which Piff didn't really reference in any way. Chronicles may have started as Ace but they are a different ball game altogether now.

Crystal may have more potential than Chronicles, but I don't think anyone can realistically argue they are at a point that they can be called 'better'?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
To be fair to Piff he never really compared the files as much as he got annoyed/called out by Ali3n's comparison.

You guys then go on to compare the filse against AceM2, which Piff didn't really reference in any way. Chronicles may have started as Ace but they are a different ball game altogether now.

Crystal may have more potential than Chronicles, but I don't think anyone can realistically argue they are at a point that they can be called 'better'?

It's not all about files. Fact is, no one has done a better job at doing a private server than Chronicles have in the last 3/4 years. And they aren't perfect!

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
I agree with Tai.
Yes official mir is a good base for a server due to its items being balanced but people need to use their head a little bit more if they want to have a successful server.