Why do you cheat/exploit?

smoochy boys on tour

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
As we all know, Mir over the years has seen more and more people using cheats, finding bugs to exploit and conning/stealing from other members.

Well, I'm just wanting to get out of people why they cheat/exploit/con/steal on mir.

Mir is a simple, easy and relaxed game compared to all the other MMO's out there now and people still feel the need to use ways to gain an advantge over others. Is it because you want to be the best? Is it because you can't actually play the game so have to cheat to bring you to the same level as the "good" players? What other reasons are there?

I know most of you will just say "I don't cheat" because you don't want people to know, but if you have the courage to admit to cheating/cheated in the past then I'd like to hear your opinions.

Also - If you found a bug which could be exploited on a server, would you tel the server owner, or would just exploit it for aslong as you could?

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
I've never cheated on mir but I've had cheats for Counter Strike: Source before, I got these because I wasn't good at that time and got wall hacks so I could be as good as the "pro" people, but I got banned and bought a new account, I didn't cheat from then on and got good naturally but now I suck again cause I stopped playing but yeah basically to be at the same level as others or better, but on mir I've always fought people normally, whether they are faster or stronger than me.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I've never cheated on mir but I've had cheats for Counter Strike: Source before, I got these because I wasn't good at that time and got wall hacks so I could be as good as the "pro" people, but I got banned and bought a new account, I didn't cheat from then on and got good naturally but now I suck again cause I stopped playing but yeah basically to be at the same level as others or better, but on mir I've always fought people normally, whether they are faster or stronger than me.
This is what I don't get. People put hours and tbf. most of their day into playing mir, then they end up getting banned, basically wasting your own time?

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
This is what I don't get. People put hours and tbf. most of their day into playing mir, then they end up getting banned, basically wasting your own time?

They have time to waste haha, they must find playing mir in an orindary fashion boring, noone to play with or just generally bored of mir so they cheat to spice it up for themselves then laugh when everyone rages.

LiIacF

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2006
A lot of people cheat on mir to be as fast as the others, theres a fair few dodgey people out and these "new" tweaks people are getting silly speeds that others simply cannot compete. I'm on win7 and cannot install XP on my laptop due to the drivers not being available. I cheated for a day or two cause it was easy to get access to and put me on a similar playing field, although these super "tweaked" people were still faster than me. I was simply annoyed that although I'm a decent PvPer I couldn't do crap to people who were simply that much faster than me. I imagine for most it is to be the best, a lot of mir players are really geeky and obsessed with their status on it.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
People cheat for Short sighted Gain, The gain/advantage can often out weight the time / effort played. If they manage to gain enough before they get caught (far faster then without cheating) then stop cheating, they are in a better position then they ever would be.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Love this thread. Ive never been able to wrap my head around why people cheat on here....

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
mir admit it , it's a competitive game where most of players play to pk/pvp and be batter than openets / openent guild .
and often people do anything they can to get there .

I never cheated , but i took advantage of an bug on 2 servers in the past

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
They cheat because they can't keep up with the good players these days, seems everyone wants to be the top of the leaderboards and if that means cheating then they do it.

I never really understood it in official games but to see it on private servers is just pathetic.

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
They cheat because they can't keep up with the good players these days, seems everyone wants to be the top of the leaderboards and if that means cheating then they do it.

I never really understood it in official games but to see it on private servers is just pathetic.

Theres a massive margin between Super fast and good players.
Like Matt said, im also running a Win7 Comp and simply cba to waste time installing xp, then tweaking when i also play other games and just come back to mir for a few weeks at a time.

And as Andrea said its competitive when i join a server, i know majority of players, and if there top tier players i definately know them. and everyones goal is to obv be the best. Otherwise whats point in playing a game ?

Cheated before on three heroes due to how fast people were and nothing being done.
Never cheated on mir before / after. Maybe there is something that can be done to keep everyone at the same speed ?

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I cheated back when 1.4 (run thru/instant run etc) was around just to see what it was like and never cheated since, didn't see the point in it really.

Idonknow

LOMCN n00bie
Jan 30, 2012
I admit iv cheated be for not too be better or because my skill level was not the same as over player, i cheated because it was something new never had them befor wanted too see what they were like. i think i had them on about an hour never had them on since.

Scher

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 17, 2009
newer used cheats but exploiting yes coz some gms are corupt!!! that why

Aidon_Lee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2012
I've cheated on servers that I'm pretty sure will close soon..
for example fourheroes ( at the end ) and holyheroes...
The reasons being Fourheroes, got access to an assassin and running round on x100, sneaking and backstabbing people was WIN... most fun i've ever ever had on any server.

Holyheroes - People can donate for a massive advantage, so I cheated for an advantage...

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
To be honest i've only ever cheated on a PsP Game.. baldur's gate.. When i had everything i wanted.. High level.. Best kit.. It just got really boring.. Everything was easy i had nowt else to acomplish..

But mir.. No i learned my lesson.. Cheating is fast way but also the boring way..

Wonder why no speedy's play "Supreme".. Is it becuase they carn't out do other people?? (Just wondering to be honest)

Also thought the heroes stops speedys now??

-Ash

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
I used to cheat all the time. Why? Because it was just a game to me. Sure I got to know people and still do and they're great. To be fair I was still **** when I cheated. I also cheated the f**k out of euromir and never got caught or banned. This was like any other game for me. I didn't use it much on private servers because whats the point its easy anyway. Doom had idkfa, and I had some exe that let me attack faster, and there was this weird background program I used to have. It was fun. If I lost my account/rep/whatever, I still had my mates, my girl, played football....so er yea. thats why I cheated. Those were the days back in euromir dragon server, me and my mate at like 5am when we were 15 going and killing bosses getting "badass" items because I could really crank the speed up hahah. What losers. Anyways. Toodles.