Windows 8 blahhhh.

smoochy boys on tour

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
I've recently purchased a Hp pavilion and it's on windows 8 and Mir runs poo on it.

I could google but I still wouldn't get anywhere so could someone tell me how to wipe this **** and get XP?

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Well something that'll run Mir better!!!! XP just sprung to mind.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
XP isn't supported by Microsoft anymore, I wouldn't recommend it. Windows 7 should run Mir fine. What server you trying to play?

HarryH

On the bandwagon
Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2014
My windows 7 laptop runs mir perfectly :) never have any graphics or FPS issues

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
My windows 7 laptop runs mir perfectly :) never have any graphics or FPS issues

A 2.3 Server... But nm, imma dig out my old pc for it. The laptop runs heroes etc perfectly.

Jacko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2011
the netherlands
Windows 8 is like windows vista's younger sister. Kill it before it lays eggs.
Windows 8 has tons of driver issues which make gaming a lot harder.( wireless drivers,video card drivers, fan speed drivers)
Just drop windows 7 ultimate on it and it'll be a lot better.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Someone find me a link for windows 7 plaz.... I'm useless.....

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Only morons can't use Windows 8. It's everything Windows 7 has and more, it's better optimised and games run a lot better on it.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
That's probably because it's a bloody old game.

Give me a link to the client, I'll try it.

P.S - This sentence gave me cancer.
Windows 8 is like windows vista's younger sister. Kill it before it lays eggs..

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
You could try running Windows XP on a Virtual Machine for 2.3 servers and setting ACPI on it because, well, everyone else probably is running at light speed.

If you really, really want to use XP that is. I would not recommend installing XP any more over your current operating system. Windows 7/8 will probably be best for future C# servers, from tests I've done so far.

Nothing wrong with Windows 8 tbh. Just a more optimized version of Windows 7, but looks **** visually - which is why you set it back to windows 7 look :D

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
That's probably because it's a bloody old game.

Give me a link to the client, I'll try it.

P.S - This sentence gave me cancer.

Its the sabre mir2 server, it runs fine but you can't see what your typing and a few other annoying crappy issues.....

whats a virutal machine, honestly I sucks balls at this stuff.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
It is what it says, a virtual machine.

You run it (in your case, a Windows XP version) and you then install Mir onto it and start playing through the VM.

gnome.png

Here's an example screenshot using the following:

https://www.virtualbox.org/

You need to use your brain a little bit, so good luck. :beguiled:

Last edited:

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Although VirtualBox may be better - you can try with Hyper-V which should be installed on your laptop already if it's Windows 8 Pro.

Jacko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2011
the netherlands
Although VirtualBox may be better - you can try with Hyper-V which should be installed on your laptop already if it's Windows 8 Pro.
Moment when you actually have a laptop with win8 and actually have those issues , fan not working properly (having to manually up fan speed), wireless drivers tripping and losing connectivity quite a lot for no reason.

Installed win7 next to 8 on it and win7 runs everything fine. Wonder how this could be.

If you look at statistics windows 8 should be better then 7 but I can assure you it certainly isn't .

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Then that's an issue with your laptop, not Windows 8 - check with your manufacturer and tell them to write better drivers.

I can assure you, Windows 8 is better than 7.