Would you buy this?

Whoops777

LOMCN Member
Sep 27, 2022
I've got 300 pound to spend on a laptop.

If you knew the government are paying out 300 in a few weeks and I am getting a laptop is this worth my money

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Product title says 8gb of ram but the description says 16gb bit of a weird one, the CPU only supports 16gb max anyway.

The listing states only one is left btw so I doubt you'll be able to purchase this before money comes in to then purchase it. The cost of living payment is due to be released to the public starting from the 1st of November I believe.

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Where can I claim my free £300?

And by the looks of that bench mark you would be better off setting the money on fire and keeping warm this Christmas! (which I'm guessing is what the money is intended for anyway)

Reactions: Jev

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
If you didn't use touch screen before, it is uncertain if you will end up using it in practice. I know a carpenter who uses touch screen pad to draw a room space layouts and enter in dimensions in a specialized program using a screen pen when he goes to estimate on custom built in cupboards, so he gets lots of use out of it. On the other hand, I have Asus AIO PC desktop PC with touch screen but never use it.

Sometimes I use my Dell 27" AIO touch screen computer tilting it back so it is almost horizontal and then if you stand at the table, you are like captain Kirk standing at spaceship controls. Coffee cup in one hand and with the other you can move through things like you would on a phone. The huge screen is just awesome being used like that. But the Asus doesn't tilt back too much and you don't want to get screen more messy than it gets as it is anyway.

Laptop would be different, maybe would be more useful if you could fold the keyboard under the screen 180 degrees and use it as a pad, then the touch screen would be more of use. Otherwise how would use draw pen if you can't rest your wrist on keyboard, can be awkward.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
If you didn't use touch screen before, it is uncertain if you will end up using it in practice. I know a carpenter who uses touch screen pad to draw a room space layouts and enter in dimensions in a specialized program using a screen pen when he goes to estimate on custom built in cupboards, so he gets lots of use out of it. On the other hand, I have Asus AIO PC desktop PC with touch screen but never use it.

Sometimes I use my Dell 27" AIO touch screen computer tilting it back so it is almost horizontal and then if you stand at the table, you are like captain Kirk standing at spaceship controls. Coffee cup in one hand and with the other you can move through things like you would on a phone. The huge screen is just awesome being used like that. But the Asus doesn't tilt back too much and you don't want to get screen more messy than it gets as it is anyway.

Laptop would be different, maybe would be more useful if you could fold the keyboard under the screen 180 degrees and use it as a pad, then the touch screen would be more of use. Otherwise how would use draw pen if you can't rest your wrist on keyboard, can be awkward.
You can get a refurb surface for less. They work well.

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
Oh I'm jealous. I only get cost of living payments from my employer, one last year and one after Easter. They're going to give a third in some weeks.

Good luck to you Whoops. Dell is a great brand to use. I'm on a Geo laptop which is fine for the stuff I do on a Windows device.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Thanks, my mum had just cut my hair in that pic.

Can't believe I used light theme back then, I wouldn't be seen dead using the light theme now :kekw:
This Is Cool GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: Jev

ervinzed

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
I've got 300 pound to spend on a laptop.

If you knew the government are paying out 300 in a few weeks and I am getting a laptop is this worth my money

i say buy the best specs laptop

pay 91$ a month it's $200 Off