Wouldn’t it be nice.

Join Discord

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
I never thought at 35 I would be reading through LOMCN and either see a community that still existed or a game that officially died such a long time ago continue to pull in so many users.
I also never thought at 35 that I would be two days past leaving hospital from a suicide attempt that has left my body fragile maybe more fragile than my mind and that’s saying something.
Funny how in times of turmoil, worry, stress or sadness it is always a visit to LOMCN that offers a weird nostalgic warmth as I read through old threads, cringe at the things I used to say and reminisce about good times, being an admin and old friends that once were a staple and spoken to each night either on here or MSN.
Wouldn’t it be nice to just for a week be able to go back in time and have the old hang back together. Blam with his usenets, Atmoicide like the drunken “handsy” uncle everyone is scared to invite to their parties. Nick and Mental playfully hacking Euro and bragging about their exploits. Milo and BH translating quicker than a Middle aged woman on duolingo, Leocrasher probably identifying on here as a “them” now to keep people guessing. Dataforce watching from the wings holding back Tai - is he banned or what?! With people like Hazuki and Miles acting as calm heads around the table. Urban fox with the rule book and ban hammer - we all know an urban in real life! And just good people like Floyd, Jealy, Prai, Stonehelm, smavid and many more that would help set fire to some poor users genuine thread as it descended into an off topic flame athon.
Just for a week to relive those days where the evenings were spent on LOMCN and MSN chatting to cool people, rinsing people for no reason and without a care or worry in the world. Good times.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Hi,

I do not condone my past actions. It is obvious I have parts missing in terms of morals, or at least during that period but with that said, suicide.... it has such a big impact on those around you. Those who have felt it, delt with it know.

Op, there are not many of us Mir players left. Some of us are balding, losing sanity and questioning existence but regardless, we are one of a few. I dont develop or work with Mir but I still loiter on Lomcn. If you ever want to dig deep in life, psychological or more so, im just an inbox away.

Dan.
Post automatically merged:

Those close to me, such as my wife, know how I feel or value my existence. I never expected to live this long. I almost died once. It was a mistake that almost cost my daughter a father, the one of two important figures in her life. That mistake all the while was a mistake, I lacked value in my own being. Fact forward five years and im a new person, no longer bound by the drugs the Drs ever so distribute at a whim. No longer a number in a system gamed to profit.

Robert, the future is unknown, but today, tomorrow and the days follows are ones we can be thankful for.

Dan

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I never thought at 35 I would be reading through LOMCN and either see a community that still existed or a game that officially died such a long time ago continue to pull in so many users.
I also never thought at 35 that I would be two days past leaving hospital from a suicide attempt that has left my body fragile maybe more fragile than my mind and that’s saying something.
Funny how in times of turmoil, worry, stress or sadness it is always a visit to LOMCN that offers a weird nostalgic warmth as I read through old threads, cringe at the things I used to say and reminisce about good times, being an admin and old friends that once were a staple and spoken to each night either on here or MSN.
Wouldn’t it be nice to just for a week be able to go back in time and have the old hang back together. Blam with his usenets, Atmoicide like the drunken “handsy” uncle everyone is scared to invite to their parties. Nick and Mental playfully hacking Euro and bragging about their exploits. Milo and BH translating quicker than a Middle aged woman on duolingo, Leocrasher probably identifying on here as a “them” now to keep people guessing. Dataforce watching from the wings holding back Tai - is he banned or what?! With people like Hazuki and Miles acting as calm heads around the table. Urban fox with the rule book and ban hammer - we all know an urban in real life! And just good people like Floyd, Jealy, Prai, Stonehelm, smavid and many more that would help set fire to some poor users genuine thread as it descended into an off topic flame athon.
Just for a week to relive those days where the evenings were spent on LOMCN and MSN chatting to cool people, rinsing people for no reason and without a care or worry in the world. Good times.

Robert! So sorry to hear this. We have a dedicated Mental health section where all replies are moderated to prevent any trolling, or there's the more private VIP section as well as my inbox. Is this the equivalent of council girls on Facebook saying dm me hun x ? Maybe, but it's good to talk!

Also your character depictions are on point! 😂 Very entertaining, I think the N in LOMCN has officially changed to Nostalgia at this point.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
One thing I will say is when it comes to serious sides of life, this community still has a nice side to it
There can be all sorts of pettiness and arguments, but when it comes down to supporting the mir community when its needed, most people are there.

Sometimes its easier to voice things to a stranger, if you ever need to just rant, I reiterate the comments above, just message me.

Take care ❤️

Reactions: Pusha and Jev

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
Robert! So sorry to hear this. We have a dedicated Mental health section where all replies are moderated to prevent any trolling, or there's the more private VIP section as well as my inbox. Is this the equivalent of council girls on Facebook saying dm me hun x ? Maybe, but it's good to talk!

Also your character depictions are on point! 😂 Very entertaining, I think the N in LOMCN has officially changed to Nostalgia at this point.
Oh it’s definitely not some petty pity post it’s just funny and sad at the same time that this is always the comfort blanket when life seems unmanageable.

Currently life for me feels helpless and if anyone wants to troll me for that they are welcome too, it’s easy when life is good to judge others or find their situations funny even if for the person in question in this instance literally finds life hopeless and feels like there is no moving forwards.

I appreciate your offer for support, I remember in my Admin days here (Beard) how much everyone desperately didn’t want me to let you return to this place. How funny that you now run it. Times definitely do change and so do people I guess.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Oh it’s definitely not some petty pity post it’s just funny and sad at the same time that this is always the comfort blanket when life seems unmanageable.

Currently life for me feels helpless and if anyone wants to troll me for that they are welcome too, it’s easy when life is good to judge others or find their situations funny even if for the person in question in this instance literally finds life hopeless and feels like there is no moving forwards.

I appreciate your offer for support, I remember in my Admin days here (Beard) how much everyone desperately didn’t want me to let you return to this place. How funny that you now run it. Times definitely do change and so do people I guess.
Focus on yourself for now fella, take everyday as it comes.
I'm not going to bore you with a massive paragraph as we've already spoken via dms which are still open and always open for anyone here that might be struggling with their mental health.

Trolling in anyway relating to mental health will see users banned.

We've lost too many people in this small community, Don't be a statistic fella. <3

John

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

No one likes him still. That hasn't changed.

I wish you all the best Robert. I'm useless in these situations but my inbox is always open too - I just take a while to reply!

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

When you feel like that I think you have to find something that gives you purpose. Sometimes easier said than done but in the past I've even used projects here on lomcn to fill my time and distract, and more recently, work/career or house stuff. And gaming has probably saved my life on more than one occasion when I've needed to escape. Just until enough time has passed that I feel better and don't need it any more. Now I don't game at all because I don't have time for it, there's always more important stuff in adult life - for me anyway. But also alongside that, feel your feelings, process trauma and fgs get therapy.

Maybe, but we wouldn't be here without me 🤠

Reactions: Jev

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex

Man <3 Sorry to hear, you know me and (unfortunately) @Jev are just 5minutes down the road, if you're still in Middleton for a hang... Jev could do with getting out of the house.. meeting real people, and learning from an ex admin on how to even be a semi-decent moderator.

I'll even get my missus to send u a voice recording of her saying your name seductively again if you'd like 🤣....

I feel honoured to get a mention in that lineup... i would say i'm not worthy to sit along most of those names.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Man <3 Sorry to hear, you know me and (unfortunately) @Jev are just 5minutes down the road, if you're still in Middleton for a hang... Jev could do with getting out of the house.. meeting real people, and learning from an ex admin on how to even be a semi-decent moderator.

I'll even get my missus to send u a voice recording of her saying your name seductively again if you'd like 🤣....

I feel honoured to get a mention in that lineup... i would say i'm not worthy to sit along most of those names.
So we have me in Littlehampton, Robert in scummy bognor and smavid in the only nice part of durrington (Findon) :kekw:

Robert, get your arse out the house. To the pub it is.

Loading the triggered smavid reply to the durrington comment.

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
When you feel like that I think you have to find something that gives you purpose. Sometimes easier said than done but in the past I've even used projects here on lomcn to fill my time and distract, and more recently, work/career or house stuff. And gaming has probably saved my life on more than one occasion when I've needed to escape. Just until enough time has passed that I feel better and don't need it any more. Now I don't game at all because I don't have time for it, there's always more important stuff in adult life - for me anyway. But also alongside that, feel your feelings, process trauma and fgs get therapy.

I
Thanks mate.

I hear what you are saying, the difficulty for me is how isolated I feel and how my life has gone from 100% independence to living with my folks in the blink of an eye. We work together relatively closely so work feels overwhelming at the moment when that has always been something I’ve thrown myself into for a long time. So right now I feel lost, signed off from work and on “waiting lists” for therapy that I’ve been asking for, for some time.
Maybe, but we wouldn't be here without me 🤠

I wish you all the best Robert. I'm useless in these situations but my inbox is always open too - I just take a while to reply!

Thanks Dale

Reactions: Skyline

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.

Ahh I don’t think I have ever forgotten that voice note mate. If I remember it was a video… don’t be silly mate, you and I always had a good laugh when I was active on CN and we kept in touch for a while until life got in the way. DM me your contact details would be nice to catch up.

Reactions: Jev

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Ahh I don’t think I have ever forgotten that voice note mate. If I remember it was a video… don’t be silly mate, you and I always had a good laugh when I was active on CN and we kept in touch for a while until life got in the way. DM me your contact details would be nice to catch up.
Seems me and smavid will be taking you to the pub saturday night. <3 David is driving so only fruit juice for him

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Ngl I didn’t even notice your name on that list. You’re right though, you don’t belong there :kekw:

And yikes going to the pub with Jev is enough to make anyone top themselves

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
And yikes going to the pub with Jev is enough to make anyone top themselves
Washington Wizards Bruhh GIF by NBC Sports Washington

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Thanks mate.

I hear what you are saying, the difficulty for me is how isolated I feel and how my life has gone from 100% independence to living with my folks in the blink of an eye. We work together relatively closely so work feels overwhelming at the moment when that has always been something I’ve thrown myself into for a long time. So right now I feel lost, signed off from work and on “waiting lists” for therapy that I’ve been asking for, for some time.
If you can, pay for it. I looked at is as what’s a better investment than my own health?

Appreciate not everyone is in a position to do so though