TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Nice job dan, looks sexy.
Glad you finally fixed these.
How did you eventually get mapviewer to work with it?

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
2 maps are perfect as they run with the correct tiles Wood/Tiles5c.
other 2 maps run from completely different pack of which case whomever uploaded them clearly uploaded the wrong tile pack as they don't work,
have checked the tiles also against the original tiles I was to overwrite but they different altogether so will await more updates :P
thanks again for helping find maps Ryan is appreciated bud :)

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
@Ashran you're welcome.
@Ryan am gonna try find where the other tiles should be now, hopefully fix the remainding 2 maps.

khnum

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2006
Cheers Churchill, i have private messaged you about something mate if you will be kind enough to check it out..

Thanks!

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
Re: x2 New Maps & Tiles

I Love that Maps. Only the map Lookout not Work correct if i look it over mapviewer i have only one error at one of the golden dragons... if i use it via server and client i have much trouble with tiles and wrong slices ??? someone have it running without trouble ???

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
stil same problem it looks like the map is for the server bigger as it reallz is and so the server or client fill the emptz space with double slices

SCR.PNG

EDIT SoulForge i have not seen your posting before i test now your version

Last edited:

SoulForge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2004
Re: x2 New Maps & Tiles

What u are seeing Amen is the edge of the map it isnt a glitch its because there is no tiles beyond the edge of map so it looks like a glitch thats why with my file u shouldnt beable to see edge of map, hope this makes sense and helps :)

Altho your picture shows 5 extra lines of repeated tile and on my map file i only put 3 blocker tile width so will need someone to check if u can see edge of map with my map file and get back to me if you can ill increase width of blockers so u cannot see it :)

---------- Post Merged at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Send me them mate and ill take a look at them for everyone, long as people understand mapping takes a long time to do since u playing with tiny tiles and there is usually thousands :) but im happy to have a go :)

Last edited:

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
nop Soulforge Hit me but it is the same :P' SCRE.PNG

@Churchill i hope the other maps look like these than i hope very that SoulForge can handle the prob and i can use it

Last edited:

SoulForge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2004
Its the same but at a different area is that the only part of the map thats like that?? if so i may have to recreate the map but on a bigger map surface so i can add more clouds below that point if thats possible. If i can add more tiles below that point i will and repost my map file with fix, if not ill see about remaking the map and trying to fix it with more space :).

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
it come ever if you reach a border from the map unimportand what side i go left till the end i have it.... i go up till the end i have it.... and so on

SoulForge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2004
Ive started to rebuild the map file from scratch on a larger map area so that tile tearing wont happen hopefully cause ill cover outer edge with cloud tiles or white tiles at least. Will take a while ive put 1250 tiles in place so far only another 2500+ ish to go :)