Xbox 360!

smoochy boys on tour

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
I might get the new nintendo when its out. For all the crap nintendo have been called no one can deny there games have always been fun and extremly playable.

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
asda said:
Now the releases are getting closer we can actually see the actually spec are alot closer than we thought. BUT things that will make PS3 the better console.

Blu Ray discs
Cell Processor (more powerful than the xboxs Custom IBM PowerPC CPU)
Game titles
Playstations reputaion and previous sales, best selling console of all time.

Blu-Ray Disks: Only useful for HD films. The PS3 games themselves will probably barely exceed the size of current DVD-9 games, at least for the first generation.

Cell Processor: Again, how do we know it's faster? Maybe faster at processing video, but how about at GAMES? 3 general purpose cores versus 1 seem to suggest the 360 will have a considerable advantage here.

Game titles: Neither console has a particularily good lineup, however, with the development tools for the 360 being far superior than those for the PS3, we can probably expect to see more unique titles on the 360.

Reputation & backcatalog: The backcatalog is the largest asset here. People don't buy a PS3 because they bought a PS2. If they did, then Sony would be one of the most powerful companies on the planet (everyone has bought Sony gear at SOME STAGE).

The only reasons to get a PS3 can be counted on one hand.

-> Blu-Ray film player for under $1000.

-> Final Fantasy, MGS4 and Killzone 2

-> To play PS2 games with a smoother framerate.

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Firstly to answer the original question at the start (before i start ranting) there are many "ok" games but the best one by far will be PDZ (Perfect Dark Zero). As for oblivion thats the sequel to Morrowind (i think it was Morrowind 3) and that will be a fantastic game.

Right now i might start Ranting so be warned.

Although i've always preferred the x-box to the ps2 (i've got both of them) i'll try not to be biased. As Auron said Sony have been sketchy at best about their console details, but what makes most people think that it is alot better is the fact that they took some of the 360 specs (the ones which aren't as good as the PS3 ones are meant to) and they compared them. Their whole E3 conference was basically stating figures (most of which don't matter) and saying how much "better" the PS3 will be.

If you compare both the consoles prospective specs you will find that in some areas the PS3 is better but in some areas the 360 is better.

In my opinion the 360 has one major advantage, Live. Online gaming has become a major part of the "next gen". PS3 has nothing anywhere near as developed as X-Box Live which is not only for pro gamers, its also for families etc.

Asda said that "Blu Ray Discs" will make the ps3 better.... hmm let me think about that. Blu ray disks hold a massive amount, but the fact is they're not any faster than normal dvd's. The dvd's which the 360 uses are much bigger than needed for any game that will be made. Not only are blu ray disks more expensive to make, there is no reason to have them.

He also said that the cell processor is more powerful than the 360's one. Well the fact is that the 360 has 3 processors which work together to provide optimum performance, and is actually just as fast, if not faster, than the single cell processor.

Since the 360 has come out first it will have the same advantage that the PS2 had when it came out (in my opinion the only reason that it became the best selling console - since people had bought it they discredited the xbox and made it "uncool" even though it was a better console.

The PS3 won't have better game titles than the 360. Not only does the 360 have the most popular console series ever made (halo) but since it has come out first a lot of people have decided to make games for it. There is also the fact that people want to make money from their games, and live has proven that this will make games much more popular. Until halo 2 i played games for at most a month. I've played halo 2 since it came out and i still find it just as enjoyable as i did then.

If you compare the looks of the two consoles you will find that the 360 is much better looking than the PS3 will be. The ps3 looks like a bannana and the consoles could be used as boomerangs.

Finally i'm sure that many people will be outraged by this post, but i hope that microsoft dont loose out again even though it will have the better system.

Thank you to whoever read this.
/Miles

asda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 6, 2003
¤]´)÷¤--§îr Äürøñ--¤÷(`[¤ said:
If they did, then Sony would be one of the most powerful companies on the planet (everyone has bought Sony gear at SOME STAGE).

Sony have annual sales of $72,000,000,000, sure their profit is no were near that number, but thare leaders in the area they sell. (Technology hardware & equipment)

Also out of all the companies in the world they are ranked 123 rd.

I will buy a PS3 simple because of how good the PS2 was. Reliablity, cost, content, support, features. Im sure you have heard of company repuations...

I personally think PS3 will be better, not just because PS2 was bigger success than Xbox, going on sales and serveys. Thats just what I think, only time will tell. I can see you fellas are abit touchy on the subject.

But like I said ill proberly get both and then choose which I think is better.

asda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 6, 2003
Miles said:
Firstly to answer the original question at the start (before i start ranting) there are many "ok" games but the best one by far will be PDZ (Perfect Dark Zero). As for oblivion thats the sequel to Morrowind (i think it was Morrowind 3) and that will be a fantastic game.

Right now i might start Ranting so be warned.

Although i've always preferred the x-box to the ps2 (i've got both of them) i'll try not to be biased. As Auron said Sony have been sketchy at best about their console details, but what makes most people think that it is alot better is the fact that they took some of the 360 specs (the ones which aren't as good as the PS3 ones are meant to) and they compared them. Their whole E3 conference was basically stating figures (most of which don't matter) and saying how much "better" the PS3 will be.

If you compare both the consoles prospective specs you will find that in some areas the PS3 is better but in some areas the 360 is better.

In my opinion the 360 has one major advantage, Live. Online gaming has become a major part of the "next gen". PS3 has nothing anywhere near as developed as X-Box Live which is not only for pro gamers, its also for families etc.

Asda said that "Blu Ray Discs" will make the ps3 better.... hmm let me think about that. Blu ray disks hold a massive amount, but the fact is they're not any faster than normal dvd's. The dvd's which the 360 uses are much bigger than needed for any game that will be made. Not only are blu ray disks more expensive to make, there is no reason to have them.

He also said that the cell processor is more powerful than the 360's one. Well the fact is that the 360 has 3 processors which work together to provide optimum performance, and is actually just as fast, if not faster, than the single cell processor.

Since the 360 has come out first it will have the same advantage that the PS2 had when it came out (in my opinion the only reason that it became the best selling console - since people had bought it they discredited the xbox and made it "uncool" even though it was a better console.

The PS3 won't have better game titles than the 360. Not only does the 360 have the most popular console series ever made (halo) but since it has come out first a lot of people have decided to make games for it. There is also the fact that people want to make money from their games, and live has proven that this will make games much more popular. Until halo 2 i played games for at most a month. I've played halo 2 since it came out and i still find it just as enjoyable as i did then.

If you compare the looks of the two consoles you will find that the 360 is much better looking than the PS3 will be. The ps3 looks like a bannana and the consoles could be used as boomerangs.

Finally i'm sure that many people will be outraged by this post, but i hope that microsoft dont loose out again even though it will have the better system.

Thank you to whoever read this.
/Miles

I read it some nice points there, all ill say is remember "content is king" its pointless trying to say which is better until both have been established and have lots of games out.

asda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 6, 2003
Just change the subject quick, what do you think the most powerful company in the world is? BP Shell? Microsoft? IBM?

All wrong and its proberly a company you havent even heard of...

Citigroup Inc.

They are a banking company, with sales of $108,000,000,000 and profits of only $18,000,000,000 (only :P)

BUT! the companies total assets are... $1,500,000,000,000, ($1.5 trillion dollars)

The company with the most profit is ExxonMobil with $25 billion dolars profit

Next is Shell with $16 billion dollars profit

Mar 23, 2003
asda said:
Sony have annual sales of $72,000,000,000, sure their profit is no were near that number, but thare leaders in the area they sell. (Technology hardware & equipment)

Also out of all the companies in the world they are ranked 123 rd.

I will buy a PS3 simple because of how good the PS2 was. Reliablity, cost, content, support, features. Im sure you have heard of company repuations...

I personally think PS3 will be better, not just because PS2 was bigger success than Xbox, going on sales and serveys. Thats just what I think, only time will tell. I can see you fellas are abit touchy on the subject.

But like I said ill proberly get both and then choose which I think is better.

Company reputations are only relevant when you look at the whole story. Bought a Sony CD recently?

Fact is, Sony's reputation is crap. The majority of their gear is overpriced and generally of quality far below that of what it used to be.

Let's also look at Sony's insanely large debt. . There's a reason why they're undergoing massive restructuring.

You only need look at Sony's products to understand why they're in trouble. I bought a NW-HD5 Mp3 player in September, after it's release in June, and it's ALREADY been superceeded. That's a total lifespan of under 6 months, in terms of support.

Quite frankly, that's bull****. And if they don't realise that the single best thing they could do for the PS3 is to open it up, then they deserve to get their assess handed to them.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=395968&hl=sony

Edit: If content were king, Windows wouldn't be the most used operating system, Intel wouldn't be the most bought processor brand, and the ugly girls would get all the guys.

asda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 6, 2003
game content... (stupid min 20 characters)

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
¤]´)÷¤--§îr Äürøñ--¤÷(`[¤ said:
And the only 3 games with non-equivalents on the Xbox360 I've already listed :P

Final Fantasy, MGS, Killzone.

Final fantasy and MGS being some of my favourite games will be one reason ill probbaly get a ps3. Plus i got alot of enjoyment and use out of my playstation 1 and 2 so the ps3 shoudl just be the next step.

Saying that if someone i know buys a 360 or i get to try one out in a shop somewhere and i like it i might consider buying one. time will tell really it all depends on how the consoles fair up after there released and whats developed for them.

Nero

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
only 300 xbox 360's are getting sent to england this christmas, and at a guess it will take a while to cover the demand, also the PSP maybe on alot of people's wishlists, so you may see alot of people not wanting to spend money on both the Xbox and the PSP. With the low stock of the Xbox alot of people might prefer to get the PSP - and wait for the PS3 when they have some more money

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Console:
XBox360

Buying?
No

Reason:
1. Price will be rediculous.
2. Not enough games to make it worth buying.
3. Can't play original XBox games (Makes it more ****)
4. Also can't use original XBox Controllers
5. Only can hold 2 Controllers, not 4

These reasons make the original XBox 100% useless and a waste of money, eventually im sure they will make games similiar to the original XBox games but in XBox 360 version.

E.g Halo 3 in XBox 360, better version of Halo 2 on 1st XBox, which if u have a 360, makes Halo2 unwanted and a waste of money.

Console:
PlayStation 3

Buying?
Maybe

Reason:
1. Price won't be as high as XBox 360
2. Always liked PlayStations
3. They can play original PS and PS2 games?? (Not sure)

Revolution i never really looked at so no comment :P

Last edited:

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
PS3 is fully backwards compatible with ps1 and ps2 games

xbox 360 has been confirmed to nto be backwards compatible, in fact it will run an xbox emulator that works on VERY FEW original games mainly the most populer games so most likely halo series etc.

Dont argue at me etc etc about that it was confirmed on a number of gaming sites.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Yeh i know i agree lol, thats 1 of the main problems that makee the 360 ****, it should be compatible for the original XBox games at the least, the Controllers etc ok, not as important, but y not the games!?!

Mar 23, 2003
Sonic said:
Console:
XBox360

Buying?
No

Reason:
1. Price will be rediculous.
2. Not enough games to make it worth buying.
3. Can't play original XBox games (Makes it more ****)
4. Also can't use original XBox Controllers
5. Only can hold 2 Controllers, not 4

These reasons make the original XBox 100% useless and a waste of money, eventually im sure they will make games similiar to the original XBox games but in XBox 360 version.

E.g Halo 3 in XBox 360, better version of Halo 2 on 1st XBox, which if u have a 360, makes Halo2 unwanted and a waste of money.

Console:
PlayStation 3

Buying?
Maybe

Reason:
1. Price won't be as high as XBox 360
2. Always liked PlayStations
3. They can play original PS and PS2 games?? (Not sure)

Revolution i never really looked at so no comment :P

Welcome to Misinformation City!

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-x-1985-x-x-x

Check the bottom table, it's suprisingly even-handed.

As for re-using Xbox controllers......Why on earth would you want to do that?

As for the price thing, your asoundning amount of research amazes me, and is an inspiration to us all. Especially your ability to see into the future.

[http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2005/aug05/08-17EuropeNA360PricePR.mspx]

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
lol Smart ass, having the original controllers saves money.

and as for the price, if u haven't actually noticed, all new console games go up to about 800-900 for the 1st few months.

Always does and always will, it's called a market stratagy (spelling)

You'll also find that Microsoft doesn't mention how much it would cost u in batteries or other ****, imagine how many AA Batteries u'd have to buy over and over, gunna cost u a fkin fortune.

Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20 GB) - £69.99
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - £32.99
Xbox 360 Headset - £14.99
Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter - £59.99

Those r prob the main 4 extra features people will wanna buy. Then add that to the main price of £209.99

Might not be a very high price, but still a lot of money for something that really isn't worth buying without the games to play on!

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Well some1 of us do have to pay our way through life, which leaves me with like fk all money to spend.