[C# Files] Apocalypse Mir

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
The thing is for us, we could of done what every server did. Launched and let it fail or need 5 wipes etc, with the bugs that were in place. As Dan mentioned we lost a member of the team, for personal reasons. So it took a while to get the ball rolling again. We know that we may not receive the start we wanted, but we know that we will be here for the long game.

I'm a little confused, what bugs where in place that its taken almost a year to get your server to a playable state? Are you guys legitimately trying to release this server after all this time, if its taken this long to get the server up, what can users expect regarding updates?

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
I'm a little confused, what bugs where in place that its taken almost a year to get your server to a playable state? Are you guys legitimately trying to release this server after all this time, if its taken this long to get the server up, what can users expect regarding updates?

To us this was never lets rush to get a server up, it has took lots of fine tuning. Lots of playing other servers to get a feel of the issues; and lots of reading forums to get the feel of player feedback. Once up and live we believe we have enough content and updates prepared that it will be a seemingly often thing. With the few additions of bugs and quick fixes each week should they need them.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
It wouldnt surprise me at all if i saw exactly the same post in 20 years from now.

We are more sorry with the fact YOU ARE STILL ARROUND. Get lost. You took bullshitting to another level. Congrats.

Dont mean to be rude, but dont think many people care too much about your server now, you got peoples hopes up too early, and dragged it out far too long without any update. so i cant say i blame people for being offput.

Im sad you both feel like this, but as I say we were not ready and lost a coder, very little we can do about this.

We are now closer than before, but still a few too many issues to just open the server. If its not for you, then its not for you.

As said though, for those who are still interested, there is still movement happening from our end, unfortunately it slowed down for a few months, it has/will pick up again now. With this being said, there is still some work to do.

-Apocalypse Team

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
On a more serious note and without trying to offend mods...why is this thread still open?

I mean ok technically they didnt break any rules but am i for example allowed to advertise a server that simply wont come online and just assure ppl every couple months its coming online? Is it ok to continue bullshitting ppl over a year?

1 year has passed and we keep hearing about this "bugs" and "features" and "coding" and **** like that without mentioning a single thing about what exactly you are working on.
You had a beta test that u claimmed that was couple weeks away from live then the whole "polishing of server" and "adding features" started.
Origin GM a one-man team was able to do it solo yet you are still "getting there".

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
On a more serious note and without trying to offend mods...why is this thread still open?

I mean ok technically they didnt break any rules but am i for example allowed to advertise a server that simply wont come online and just assure ppl every couple months its coming online? Is it ok to continue bullshitting ppl over a year?

1 year has passed and we keep hearing about this "bugs" and "features" and "coding" and **** like that without mentioning a single thing about what exactly you are working on.
You had a beta test that u claimmed that was couple weeks away from live then the whole "polishing of server" and "adding features" started.
Origin GM a one-man team was able to do it solo yet you are still "getting there".

Because this is the "Upcoming servers" section. Not the live section.

-Apocalypse Team

Last edited:

SheLookedLvl18

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 19, 2015
That carrot you guys have been dangling has decomposed.

Lets wait for the next '' Server is coming soon guys, just a few more bugs to fix, server is 100% coming!'' post in June.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
To be fair im amazed that the hdd with all the server files hasn't been destroyed by a cat a dog a dinosaur or something...yet.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Lol I wouldn't mind this server coming up....But you should just call it quits before you waste your time any further.

- You've delayed beyond any other server in history, which is fine...but the silent treatment was not.
- There really is nothing you can say to convince anyone it truly is coming lol, you've said everything in the English dictionary and now simply sound like a broken record.
- What little user base you will have will simply have the server boring and not desirable to play.

You may be in it for the "long run"...but are you really going to be? With no player base, no income (Lets face it, every server will have an income these days lol)...No one runs a server for nothing.

Even Sanjian, with his desire to run it "For him", isn't really for him at all and has done numerous adjustments/changes for his players which I doubt was his original intention....he would be bored playing solo on a server, as much as he may want to deny it lol.

Even if you finally released....you won't have a server, let alone anything close to what you COULD have had if you actually stuck to your work.

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
am sure even if you released the live date after 2 years, people will still play because it sounds like a players demands server.
keep it up guys, wish best of luck.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
am sure even if you released the live date after 2 years, people will still play because it sounds like a players demands server.
keep it up guys, wish best of luck.

Which "player's demands" exactly this server covers?

"Keep it up"? Keep what up? Posting every two months that it will eventually go up?

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Which "player's demands" exactly this server covers?

"Keep it up"? Keep what up? Posting every two months that it will eventually go up?

when-are-you-just-going-to-stfu.jpg

Why do you even bother posting if your not going to play & don't give a ****? One or two trolly posts, fine but 5+??? Jeeze, unless you sold your dog to play this when they first posted I cant see the issue.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
when-are-you-just-going-to-stfu.jpg

Why do you even bother posting if your not going to play & don't give a ****? One or two trolly posts, fine but 5+??? Jeeze, unless you sold your dog to play this when they first posted I cant see the issue.

I will stop trolling when this thread is closed and they stop trolling. As long as they bother and and dont give a **** about lomcn i will bother as well.

Why? Cause i can. If they allowed to post **** then i am as well.

Now go make a map to feel usefull retard.

Edit:
"Dear squall777,

You have received an infraction at LOMCN.

Reason: Regular/persistent trolling
-------
If you dont intend to play Apoc please stop posting in this thread."

Really now? Apoc team used unfair advertisement for FREE in your website, drove away Chronicles which was a huge part of the community, tricked people and still do and i receive an infraction?

Last edited:

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
I will stop trolling when this thread is closed and they stop trolling. As long as they bother and and dont give a **** about lomcn i will bother as well.

Keep posting **** like this and you won't be aloud to post anything your like a little boy who didn't get a toy they where promised lol grow up

trolling? Just seems like your being a little whiney bitch pal.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmavidDavid

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
To us this was never lets rush to get a server up, it has took lots of fine tuning. Lots of playing other servers to get a feel of the issues; and lots of reading forums to get the feel of player feedback. Once up and live we believe we have enough content and updates prepared that it will be a seemingly often thing. With the few additions of bugs and quick fixes each week should they need them.

You didnt answer my question, can you give us some examples of bugs that you ran into that took this much time to fix? That seems like such a cop out answer lol

Last edited:

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

Edit:
"Dear squall777,

You have received an infraction at LOMCN.

Reason: Regular/persistent trolling
-------
If you dont intend to play Apoc please stop posting in this thread."

Really now? Apoc team used unfair advertisement for FREE in your website, drove away Chronicles which was a huge part of the community, tricked people and still do and i receive an infraction?

chronicles ****ed chronicles up.. with lack of updates and massive **** ups..

EM bug
Hell Bug
people abusing Exp in caves
luck 7 bug
jump bug

this can be continued...

the lack of updates truly killed chronicles people play what they want to play simple and chronicles disappointed alot of people 500+ into 150+ in a matter of months..

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
You really cant read can you? You just saw "chronicles" mentioned and decided randomly to give it a fast review just for the sake of it.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
You really cant read can you? You just saw "chronicles" mentioned and decided randomly to give it a fast review just for the sake of it.

yes i can read thank you.

your trying to blame and advisement for the mass player drop in chronicles.. and that isn't the case at all... you honestly think your say is gonna do anything or your moans? your just a salty little boy that will possibly play anyways once live.

Status
Not open for further replies.