**** [1.4] OldSkool Server [HIGH RATE] ****

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
I get that message, and click ok and im in.
Sorry bud.

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
I'm currently working on a whole new client for the server, my g/f had a baby on Monday though and still settling him in, so its going to take a little while for me to sort it but ill get it sorted/tested and make sure Ben is happy with it and then upload it for everyone asap.

BattleGod

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2007
taos got thrust still, FS, shield, fwall and half moon

wars got psn, shield, fwall.

wiz got thrust and psn.

Hmm was really looking forward to this server....but im not too sure now reading the above quote :(

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I'm currently working on a whole new client for the server, my g/f had a baby on Monday though and still settling him in, so its going to take a little while for me to sort it but ill get it sorted/tested and make sure Ben is happy with it and then upload it for everyone asap.
dont worry about it a few item looks can w8 :eek:
baby is more important :P

The Client Looks in-complete to me, Only has Data/Wav/Map Folders and the exe with Mirsetup.ini/ mir.ini / and ftp.ini with a few picture off the server inside.

Should i find Offical 1.4 Client, Install it and replace everything with OldSkool Files..

Also i get this message when i start the exe up. Patch.exe file not found. Can not use Auto Patch untility.

Thanks.
wot u mean it looks in-complete....? ur only meant to have data/map/wav folders and mir.exe / mirsetup/mir/ftp.ini....... any thing else is there should be deleted (appart from screenies obviously)

if u have downloaded the full client on 1st post and ur exe still closes the game... then download just the EXE, extract into ur folder then try.... i assure u the links etc all work fine...

the patch thing that comes up is nothing, just click OK and the game will open...

Hmm was really looking forward to this server....but im not too sure now reading the above quote :(
maybe u should log ingame 1st and see...

a few of the old taos still have thrusting+FS, and wiz still have thrusting... i am removin them with GM...

only spells that are multi class'ed = FW+ shield

war+wiz do have psn... but it is very rare... even off the hardest boss ingame it drops 1/1000.

yes originally the server was mainly every1 bein warriors regardless of class, but it is now changed so it is based around class's.... u should come ingame and see wot u think, not listen 2 some1 on forums whos not giving 100% real facts.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
I feel the facts are being given straight..
Just some people have an opinion too, as im sure you'll agree we're all entitled too.

But i'd still recommend the game, took a while to get used to the idea of everyone having sheild and fwall, but it's not too bad now, especially since the other spells were enhanced, meaning other classes use them less unless levelling. And its a very enjoyable server, so much so that im about tempted to give up on my seminar reading and log in.

And aye Karl i'd def see to baby first, good luck, heh :)

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
n1 on the baby Karl, take the time to settle in, forget about the server client just now, it aint really need, i meant people can live without seeing the items on the char, and if your that bothered just find a item patch from summit else that works.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
there is an item patch fix if ppl cant see items on screen atm on 1st post

he means we are transferin to a new items.wil with loads more items... means we'd have 2 re do all the images tho

think hes addin new weapons/armors 2

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
I'd like to see more new caves. Hunting the same leveling ones, using the same spells, in the same items for a fair chunk of time is tedious. Okay the exp does roll in fast in comparison to some servers, but still - new mobs, old maps - not fussed, old mobs, new maps. old maps, old mobs... More exp? :D

Also, you could introduce a version of Flamefield quite easily to the server if you wished. Considering Thuderstorm is a pretty useless spell for wizards when it comes to leveling and fighting. All you really need do is change the Thunderstorm graphics in the wil for Flamefield ones and make it hurt more - not sure if you can make it hurt more than the undead tho, not used 1.4 in ages. :eek:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
u cant make thunderstorm like flamefield... seein as ts doesnt hurt livin things (eg players).
even if u increases its power it wouldnt be balanced... as if u increased it enuff 2 hurt players, then it would probably 1hit most undead mobs...

there are loads of item sets ingame... theres ur basic kit every few lvls with standard stats, then theres ur specail sets like spike/mir/Z/oma... that are rare and good stats.

as for new lvlin caves... no1 is lvl60 yet, when they are ill put in lvl 60-70 cave.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Ben get ingame and message me when you can got some screenies of some kid trying to **** up the server.
You'll see what i mean.
/Gandi

2dope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2005
ben u need to take out kit man for now put noob kit in shop for 1gold till npc fixed or karl and reboot asap

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
kitman has a flag so it cant be done over and over... also the script code is random letters.

oh well dunno how 2 fix it =/

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
taht would make refinin pointless... theres plenty of items u can use.

but i guess i can add in a refine cave that drops dc/sc/mc rigns for refinin, however it wont be nowt fancy. probably in the mines

Status
Not open for further replies.