**** [1.4] OldSkool Server [HIGH RATE] ****

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

BattleGod

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2007
Just wondering what everyones oponion on this server is for a mir 3 player thinking about switching back to mir 2.....

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Just wondering what everyones oponion on this server is for a mir 3 player thinking about switching back to mir 2.....

If you enjoy the pvp side of things, and you like high rate this server would be ideal for you, if you like neither I wouldnt bother to be perfectly honest.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Suddenly gone very laggy...
Dont norm lag, but just died with only two mobs on me as i lagged for a good 10 secs.
Might just be me though..

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
maybe its the host tryin to fix the lag, i dont know sorry.
ill reboot server see if it makes a differnece

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
This server looks interesting, So am going to give it ago. :) First Mir server in months.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Major new changes!!!

well as most seemed put off by the multi class idea, and i was also beginin to not like it either... i have made some major changes to bring back single class's!

Wizard spells such as t bolt / ice storm / lightning now hit a lot harder!... ive been testin with other ppl for a few hours fightin now and it is very balanced.

Taoist will keep flaming sword, but their SFBall now hurts a lot more!

Ive tried removing Wizard+Taoist thrusting but dont seem to work lol.. even removed war thrusting and made a new skill called thrust and its just switched 2 that. guess id have 2 delete thrust all 2gether and reboot, then add thrust bk in and reboot again. ill just delete any wiz/taos spells with GM is easier

I have decided to keep in FW as all-class spell, as it balances the levelin.

this now makes room 2 make some special single class items... that will be fairly rare, but high stat of the single class....

Last edited:

RedDragonX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 5, 2005
In my eyes, i think the individual class spells are hurting way too much now...

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
tbh ur taking wiz's thrust away so all theyve got is their normal skills where as taos have like 5 extra skills and wars have atleast 3 extra skills. doesnt sound that balanced in theory to me, i have yet to try the server since the changes.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
As i said, the spells would still need testin... but i belive its sorted now. the weapons have also been changed to individual class.

i dont get wot u mean colonel about taos havin 5 extra skills and war havin 3???

taos have halfmoon, thats it...
wars have FW, thats it...
wiz+war both have psn, but its very rare.

yes wiz dont get ne spells form other class's, but that doesnt matter, they dont need ne... wiz spells r ownage.

maybe u should try it before actually commentin and givin an opinion when u havnt even tested..

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
shield / FW is all class.

fs/thrust i cant delete, but doesnt rly matter ne more seein as ive changed dc on weapons...

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
shield / FW is all class.
This is what i tried saying earlier, it is still potentially Wizz's spell, especially shield. I can understand fwall to even out levelling, but shield..

Admitedly i was proven wrong about the power of wizz's spells lightning does a fair wack of damage. I personally recon sfb is a bit too obverpowered but thats just my thoughts, maybe im a bit pissed when a tao can jump me and kill me in a hit or two before i even notice whats happening. And before you say it a war or wizz dont have that element of suprise, 'tao's the silent assasin.'

Apart from that i do really like the server. The community has already built up, got the usual egostistical ponces and those that take the game too serious, but still a worthwhile play and definite recommendation.

/Gandi

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Downloaded Full Client And EXE, I can login and make a charecter, But when i try to start the game up that where it shuts down. Anyone know why this is happening?

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Hmm i dunno bud.
Tried any of the patches? Will quickly ask Ben ingame for you.
*Edit*
He says possibly got the wrong exe, and when you download and extract try 3 times, sometimes it can be a bit iffy.
Good luck

Oh, and to my previous comment. Thought i'd just mention that i sharing my evaluation of sfb, not 'crying' as i was so delightfully accused of in BW.
/G

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
The Client Looks in-complete to me, Only has Data/Wav/Map Folders and the exe with Mirsetup.ini/ mir.ini / and ftp.ini with a few picture off the server inside.

Should i find Offical 1.4 Client, Install it and replace everything with OldSkool Files..

Also i get this message when i start the exe up. Patch.exe file not found. Can not use Auto Patch untility.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.